Live game thread: Contains spoilers

So proud of each and every one of them.
They had a winning attitude and never stopped trying.
Big shout out to all the amazing fans at the game, I am sure the boys loved their noise (Teddy not so much hehe). Loved the jungle drums.
Sure there can be improvement but what a great start to a season.
I am just so happy for them, they played their hearts out and the hard work paid off.

@ said:
@ said:
And there's the first result of not having a kicker

What about the one from the side line to win the game?

Never been happier to eat my words.

But at the same time not going to pretend it's not a problem, especially if our points are as hard to come by as they were today, and it looks like they might be

I dont think Brooks has the temprement to lead a team around the park like moses, Benj etc
Hes too timid and introverted

Chee Kam and Rochow have been real surprises to me so far this year. I always thought Rochow was just an average journeyman and MCK was in rugby league purely for the social aspect, rather than actually putting in on the field! Good on them both for working hard to develop their talents and lift up their games. They have certainly proved me wrong.

MCK has come on in leaps and bounds over the off season, he could develop into the weapon on the edge we've been looking for since losing Dwyer and Ellis.

@ said:
I dont think Brooks has the temprement to lead a team around the park like moses, Benj etc
Hes too timid and introverted

I honestly think he was really good. His kicking was decent, he should've had a try assist with Benji failing to fall on the ball and when he switched sides on about the 4th tackle late in the second half and Lolohea failed to pass he made the right movement. I'm quite proud of him to be honest, he'll only build after today's performance.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
And there's the first result of not having a kicker

What about the one from the side line to win the game?

Never been happier to eat my words.

But at the same time not going to pretend it's not a problem, especially if our points are as hard to come by as they were today, and it looks like they might be

Have to agree with this goal kicking is going to cause us issues moving forward.

Rochow is impressive really surpised me, had him in the ISP team for all money. But credit where its due really deserved to be in first grade our best backrower after josh

Early in the game Packer dominated - almost MOTM for me. Whoever said Lawrence didn’t put in was watching another game. He took so many dirty hitups and hit the line in attack every time - often when our gassed forwards were struggling to get back onside.Can’t remember who started the thread on “defence wins games” but it was spot on.

That was the best confirmation of Cleary’s opinion of the strengths of this team. Everybody did their job in defence!! Every player was trying to not let down the team - think I might have to go to bed!

Not before I had another $100 on the Tige’s to make the 8 though 😀

@ said:
Chee Kam and Rochow have been real surprises to me so far this year. I always thought Rochow was just an average journeyman and MCK was in rugby league purely for the social aspect, rather than actually putting in on the field! Good on them both for working hard to develop their talents and lift up their games. They have certainly proved me wrong.

MCK has come on in leaps and bounds over the off season, he could develop into the weapon on the edge we've been looking for since losing Dwyer and Ellis.

You wanna join the fan club too?

Packer proved to be the alpha-male prop we’ve desperately needed - tough, physical and intimidating…!!!

@ said:
@ said:

Never thought I'd say this but yeah why not! ?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

You're in. You can't leave tho.
|
|
|
V

Sorry but as much as I like Kevie I think he is not the solution at centre.

Could Gamble play centre? Fitler, Daley, Kenny, Zip Zip man all played centre before moving the 5/8 later in career.

Any thoughts?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

You're in. You can't leave tho.
|
|
|
V

Oh that's not fair! I might end up having to revert back to my original opinion of him by mid season :laughing: but let's hope not :pray:

Che Kam was a highly thought of junior and played for the Junior Kangaroos.

Some players take time to adjust to the riggers of NRL.

Looks like 2018 could be Chem Kam's breakout year.

Latest posts

Members online

Back