Luke Brooks #167

So they same players and manager that had us 'waiting and seeing' 5 or 6 odd years ago are doing the same again to us.
Somethings never change and some people never learn.
When players are dictating to the club who they want to play with and said player then gets an extension based on that demand...... surely we are well past those sort of dealings and there is no truth in any of that.

What would we all rate AD'S world cup appearance?

Imo, game 1 he was good against decent competition however let himself down with some nonsense at the end resulting in a suspension. 5/10 performance.

Game 2, NA.. 0/10

Game 3 - the opponent was probably close to worst in the Comp however AD played great at fullback, 8/10

Game 4 VS Australia, tough opponent - didn't have much for them... tried hard. 4/10
I’d rate him higher than a 5/10 & 4/10 in Games 1 & 4. I thought his combination with Moses was good. I still think he has all the attributes to make it has a solid NRL level 5/8. Shame he was injured most of last year then came into a very weak side. Now with a solid forward pack and good defenders (Pap, Blore or Bateman) next to him he will have the opportunity to show if he can demand high $’s as a top line NRL 5/8 or not. No one doubts his running game. He just can’t make the defensive mistakes that leads to tries. Otherwise he has to create two try’s or try assist for each defensive mistake. Just not sure if he has the kicking or passing game to do this. Hopefully a fully fit A.D with a good pack. A.D can to it and we win more games than we lose in 2023.

Exactly my thoughts Hap and whilst Brooks hasn’t been playing great I don’t think the financial hit to move him on was good business.

As you said no excuses now and if it were me I’d be holding off extension talks until round 8-10 to see how he’s progressing behind a better pack. If that excuse is taken away we’re done with his contract at seasons end.
As for the contracts talks ...I think we need to be very fluid with that ...if we want (and i think we will need to ) upgrade Brooks we will need to be ready for any developments on the market as far as quality halves ( 6 or 7's ) who become available

I can’t comment mate I didn’t really see him play but appreciate your review.
Apart from 2 excellent kicks in the first half of the 1st game I think Douehi went MIA .....3rd game against 3rd rate opposition he looked OK without being a standout ...did little v Australia

Overall maybe a 3.5/10 ...@Demps you have to take off those those scented Cedar shaped sunglasses mate .....

Never has a player in RL history, with a record of zero finals appearances, no SOO nor Tests had so much written about him by so many !
Some of it was interesting once, but enough is enough.
I will wait for the 23 footy season to form and discuss any further opinions on this guy.
No wonder people defend him, he attracts comment like moths to a outdoor light .

Reactions: 851
Never has a player in RL history, with a record of zero finals appearances, no SOO nor Tests had so much written about him by so many !
Some of it was interesting once, but enough is enough.
I will wait for the 23 footy season to form and discuss any further opinions on this guy.
No wonder people defend him, he attracts comment like moths to a outdoor light .
You'll await 23.....so 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 wasn't enough. Nope, 2023 is the year you'll make an informed opinion. At that speed you might upgrade your radio to full colour TV by 2070.

You'll await 23.....so 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 wasn't enough. Nope, 2023 is the year you'll make an informed opinion. At that speed you might upgrade your radio to full colour TV by 2070.
Very humorous. I’ll explain in more detail coz you obviously can’t read between the lines.
New coaching team who want him, new forwards to protect him and possible reunion with a best bud , make me happy to forget 14-22 and focus on 23.
Also, are you telling me there are full colour tvs available. Amazing !
Cheers !

Where is the thread that was last before this thread? I want that thread

Didn't you know he won Dally M halfback of the year 2018.

Some say the talent is in there, maybe it's just a matter of finding it again.

Very humorous. I’ll explain in more detail coz you obviously can’t read between the lines.
New coaching team who want him, new forwards to protect him and possible reunion with a best bud , make me happy to forget 14-22 and focus on 23.
Also, are you telling me there are full colour tvs available. Amazing !
Cheers !
Oh, so same scenario he's had before him about 3 times in the last decade, new coach, new players. got it.

If the TV blows you away wait until you find out about the refrigerator. No more ice boxes mate.

Didn't you know he won Dally M halfback of the year 2018.

Some say the talent is in there, maybe it's just a matter of finding it again.
As long he doesn't kick from 10m out I'm all good. If he does then somebody needs to reinforce the advertising 5m past the dead all line.

You'd hope so..
When players are dictating to the club who they want to play with and said player then gets an extension based on that demand...... surely we are well past those sort of dealings and there is no truth in any of that.

Staff online

Back