Luke Brooks #167

Oh, so same scenario he's had before him about 3 times in the last decade, new coach, new players. got it.

If the TV blows you away wait until you find out about the refrigerator. No more ice boxes mate.
Winston. I get what you’re saying ok, I’m just prepared to wait and see, or maybe I’m just praying we get something different.
Back to 2018 levels would be great.
I’ll ignore your snide remark about the ice box.

I like brooks but I just don’t think the tiger’s environment is the right one for his mental health, if we do let go of hasting and he fails to fire again it could be another season of rough headlines for the poor bloke
The addition of some true quality players around him will relieve the pressure valve. It will still ramp up if we don’t convert that into wins.

straight up.
Very real chance, but still not the fav.
I know all the family through the Kfarsghad village connections.

The feeling with all the relo's is he will come back if Tigers stump up the cash.

Eels have offered 1.1mil and Tigers, so far, 1.2 mil, but I think if I understood them right that 1.4 mil is going to be the magic number.

He is still a bit dirty on us for what we did to him. But not enough to kill the comeback.

Thought I might give the boys an update here,
Spoke to one of the lebs in the know yesterday, the dogs have upped their offer to 1.1 as well, I'm being told that during the WC leb campaign, the officials have ran a very slick sales pitch and they are now ahead in the game for his signature, based on that and the matched eels offer. Tigers have also upped it to a 5 year, 1.25 mil deal offer.

But all 3 are very much still in the game.

My PERSONAL opinion is eels will sacrifice Dylan and play Jake at 5/8 and up the offer to Moses to 1.2/4 years and he will stay.

Thought I might give the boys an update here,
Spoke to one of the lebs in the know yesterday, the dogs have upped their offer to 1.1 as well, I'm being told that during the WC leb campaign, the officials have ran a very slick sales pitch and they are now ahead in the game for his signature, based on that and the matched eels offer. Tigers have also upped it to a 5 year, 1.25 mil deal offer.

But all 3 are very much still in the game.

My PERSONAL opinion is eels will sacrifice Dylan and play Jake at 5/8 and up the offer to Moses to 1.2/4 years and he will stay.

LCa, Brooks is an eagle finding it difficult to fly with turkeys, so why do we need another 7, unless MM wants to play 6? Or Brooks plays 6?
To your point about the bidding war...are you saying it’s designed purely to push up his price? If so Eels are on a hiding to nothing mate. They lose either way regardless of Mitch’s decision.

LCa, Brooks is an eagle finding it difficult to fly with turkeys, so why do we need another 7, unless MM wants to play 6? Or Brooks plays 6?
To your point about the bidding war...are you saying it’s designed purely to push up his price? If so Eels are on a hiding to nothing mate. They lose either way regardless of Mitch’s decision.
Agree. MM is not worth breaking the bank. Flat track bully in a side full of talent. Go after Brown. LB would have had Parra in top 4 with that side around him.

I really don't like the idea of MM and Brooks back together. That ship sailed years ago and I'm not convinced that this environment will ever produce the best from them individually or together which is detrimental to the club moving forward and at great cost. I hope the club goes in a different direction away from both of them once and for all.

One thing that has annoyed me a little bit is from reading @THE_POM updates that they've already opened up extension talks with Brooks but AD is a wait & see. Now, I don't think AD is worth 900k at all & think it's fairly ridiculous that he's even asking for that much. But can anyone tell me what has Brooks done to even deserve a contract extension? At least wait & see how next season pans out & decide then with all this talk about Brooks finally being behind a good pack (personally I don't see anything changing, good players stand out in good teams Ben Hunt for example which Brooks hasn't done)
You ask some reasonable questions.
As far as recruitment is concerned I’m thinking that Coaches look for basically 3 things in a player...
1.Their variety of skills.
2.Can they be coached.
3.Can they slot into and become part of a team.
Compared to Doueihi and Hastings, Brooks wins this contest hands down.
I realise some would consider we are going through a very forensic and strategic recruitment and retention program, but in reality it appears we are harvesting the low hanging fruit. Sure, we did an exhaustive study on 15yo but that stuff would have gone into a prospectus for Ciraldo.

Andrew John did paint a positive picture re Brooks under Sheen’s & Benji.
” he concedes there is a sense of disappointment around the Brooks situation. (Not going to Newcastl)
"It is disappointing because I think the change would have been good for Luke, everyone can see the pressure he's been under," Johns told Wide World of Sports.
"But now with Benji (Marshall) and Tim Sheens (coaching the Tigers), they are both very attack-minded coaches, I think they will improve him no end.
"I just think it would have been a good opportunity for him to get out of Sydney and just a bit of change. But under Sheens and Benji I think he will go well.

One thing that has annoyed me a little bit is from reading @THE_POM updates that they've already opened up extension talks with Brooks but AD is a wait & see. Now, I don't think AD is worth 900k at all & think it's fairly ridiculous that he's even asking for that much. But can anyone tell me what has Brooks done to even deserve a contract extension? At least wait & see how next season pans out & decide then with all this talk about Brooks finally being behind a good pack (personally I don't see anything changing, good players stand out in good teams Ben Hunt for example which Brooks hasn't done)
i think the main difference is the asking price. But additionally:
He has been our best player for quite some time, evidenced by winning player of the year in 3 of our last 5 years.
For all his faults, He has a far greater skillset to Doueihi.
He must have a great attitude and work ethic at training for so many coaches to back him.

Biggest question is - who'll be the general that leads the troops around the park?

Luke has shown it's not his strength and I doubt it's Daine's either.

Now that Jackson's gone the only option is Adam, who has proven he can lead but he's inconsistent.

Without a vocal dominant half that barks orders it doesn't matter how good our squad is, we'll struggle.

Biggest question is - who'll be the general and lead the troops around the park?

Now that Jackson's gone the only option is Adam, who has proven he can lead but he's inconsistent.

Without a vocal dominant half that barks orders it doesn't matter how good our squad is, we'll struggle.

I really fail to see how Doueihi has proven he can lead. As far as taking the right options, directing the team, delivering a good kick at a time the team is under pressure, AD is my last choice.

i think the main difference is the asking price. But additionally:
He has been our best player for quite some time, evidenced by winning player of the year in 3 of our last 5 years.
For all his faults, He has a far greater skillset to Doueihi.
He must have a great attitude and work ethic at training for so many coaches to back him.
He has improved his defensive qualities a lot in a period where his team has been consistently bad. He doesn’t complain publicly despite being the face of the rot. Consider the Tigers have been near favourites for the spoon every year for five years, (they have now met the expectations of them). The bloke deserves a chance to prove himself in a good team.

Douehi came back into s#$t show this season with basically a reserve grade quality team and morale at its lowest point. His form last season was decent. I assume he will be given his opportunity with better quality around him, then he can be fairly judged.

Biggest question is - who'll be the general that leads the troops around the park?

You’ll have a lot of experience at hooker dictating direction in the forwards. Klemmer will be a vocal pack leader. Paps will lead with his actions. A lot of pressure comes off his shoulders with the forwards hopefully winning us some games.

I really fail to see how Doueihi has proven he can lead. As far as taking the right options, directing the team, delivering a good kick at a time the team is under pressure, AD is my last choice.

Prior to his ACL Adam had a pretty good season in 2020 and 2021 and showed leadership qualities.

But I think you missed my point.

Who's going to lead in the halves in 2023?

Douehi came back into s#$t show this season with basically a reserve grade quality team and morale at its lowest point. His form last season was decent. I assume he will be given his opportunity with better quality around him, then he can be fairly judged.
One wonders how low his bottom lip is. Seems to be his own biggest fan.

Latest posts

Members online

Back