Luke Brooks #167

My opinion only - but I feel he checked out a couple of seasons ago and it showed in his performance. Don't think at this point we have replaced him with anyone better skill wise, but if your hearts not in it and all the focus is on you in a key position then parting ways was the best thing for the club and Brooks.
If he achieves what he wants at Manly great, but it will be on the back of the resources they have that we didnt.
He did ask to leave a couple of times, but the club’s hierarchy said no, he’s not getting out of it that easily, if we have to suffer then he needs to share the experience. That poor decision encouraged mediocrity and got us 2 spoons.
Richo was aware that Brooks was being held against his will, hence the recent statement surrounding the future of Utoikamanu, ’we don’t want players who don’t want to be here.’
A footy club should be, as Sheensy described, a development organisation…where players come in good and leave(if they want to) BETTER.
Ive been banging on about this for a few years now, the club should be focused on enhancing the reputation of all it employees.
We will remain cellar dwellers while we foster a culture which encourages players to come for the money.
Like I say, I’m a big fan of Richo.

To be fair TP,I think Brooksy will do very well in the Manly side this year..Many of us from the start of his NRL career have said that the Tigers got it wrong by putting the 7 on his back and the 6 on Moses back..Moses does well in the 7 as he has shown while Brooks did very little with us in the 7,albeit we can blame the squads and coaches he had with us...
Luke in my opinion is a running 5/8 and with DCE doing the thinking and Luke doing his running,I think he may shine in the 6 this year..Just my opinion and I hope he does do well as his career needs a lift after his tenure with us...
After so many years of shining for the WT, I am happy to see him shine for Manly! :sneaky:

Even in the way he talks he doesn't want to be a half.

It's interesting him talking about Turbo having such high footy IQ and calling plays to free him up more, how DCE has high footy IQ and can free him up to just run, how at tigers he was constricted by having to call plays and organise.

I just think it's the sign of a bad half who doesn't WANT and even DEMAND to be the one calling the plays and organising people.

There's just not a good half in the game that actually doesn't want that responsibility. I don't understand that mentality. And you can see that attitude in the way he's always played. Couple that with inconsistent skillset and I just don't think he's that good.

It's interesting him talking about Turbo having such high footy IQ and calling plays to free him up more, how DCE has high footy IQ and can free him up to just run, how at tigers he was constricted by having to call plays and organise.

I just think it's the sign of a bad half who doesn't WANT and even DEMAND to be the one calling the plays and organising people.

There's just not a good half in the game that actually doesn't want that responsibility. I don't understand that mentality. And you can see that attitude in the way he's always played. Couple that with inconsistent skillset and I just don't think he's that good.
I think his teammates liked playing with him and really put in to send him off with a 66-point thrashing of Cowboys. Seibold still talking about Brooks' 200th game.

I get the whole “wests tigers is the problem with Luke brooks “ rhetoric doing the rounds and the feel good “Brooks is actually good “ narrative being peddled , but man how is what he said not a huge red flag .
Literally Luai is coming here to run his own team and have complete control . Moses went to eels because of this . Reynolds was told he would have to relinquish some control , off to Brisbane to tell the baby broncos what to do . Johnson same story with why he went back to the warriors .
I dunno man , when you think about the biggest wankers you ever met in footy , nearly all of them were the star player/ halfback . And won a lot !
Luke brooks is a good bloke …. I feel like that’s enough said .

Expecting to see Brooks & Turbo Bros combos work magic during the season. Short balls to Ben will be on & they will score a few if Turbo hovers out the back.

I get the whole “wests tigers is the problem with Luke brooks “ rhetoric doing the rounds and the feel good “Brooks is actually good “ narrative being peddled , but man how is what he said not a huge red flag .
Literally Luai is coming here to run his own team and have complete control . Moses went to eels because of this . Reynolds was told he would have to relinquish some control , off to Brisbane to tell the baby broncos what to do . Johnson same story with why he went back to the warriors .
I dunno man , when you think about the biggest wankers you ever met in footy , nearly all of them were the star player/ halfback . And won a lot !
Luke brooks is a good bloke …. I feel like that’s enough said .
You forgot Townsend going to the Cowboys?

People will frown and even laugh at me but now because of Brooks, I have to watch Manly play.
Like half of us Wests Tigers Supporters, I want him to go well.
He copped a lot of crap from one and all. Being bashed from pillar to post. No one can perform to their best when people are continually watching over the shoulder and nitpicking every decision, right or wrong.
Yeah I'll be watching him closely, he must be extremely tough mentally to get thru the crap and criticism he's copped for years and years from us and the media... I'm as guilty as the next bloke but many go way overboards
Hopefully he's ignoring all of it.
He's never dogged it and plays as tough as the next bloke... That deserves respect. I
Hope he goes well.. But on the other hand would be just as happy to see Manly not win a.game all year

Last edited:
Yeah I'll be watching him closely, he must be extremely tough mentally to get thru the crap and criticism he's copped for years and years from us and the media... I'm as guilty as the next bloke but many go way overboards
Hopefully he's ignoring all of it.
He's never dogged it and plays as tough as the next bloke... That deserves respect. I
Hope he goes well.. But on the other hand would be just as happy to see Manly not win a.game all year

Agree mate. I hope he does well.

I hate manly always have however they are mot the hated side of the nrl that they used to be.
I reckon Brisbane are right up there as the instigators of Super League , Melbourne due to salary cap rorting and Roosters. I personally hate souths too but that is a balmain thing from early 1900's
By know means do I want manly to win a comp however

He’s the ex we were glad to see the back of, yet despite how many times we claim we are over them and have a new partner, still can’t stop obsessing over them
Pretty typical reaction of fans when a long serving player leaves a club for another - some death riding, some not. The debate about Reynolds lasted all season for Souths fans, and no doubt Canberra fans will be watching Wighton's progress with interest.

Reactions: BZN
Pretty typical reaction of fans when a long serving player leaves a club for another - some death riding, some not. The debate about Reynolds lasted all season for Souths fans, and no doubt Canberra fans will be watching Wighton's progress with interest.
It’s not unusual to mention them here or there, but for it to still be one of the main topics of conversation when we have our own season to worry about is way over the top. I’d be surprised if the Green House are talking about Wighton every single day over the off season.

It’s not unusual to mention them here or there, but for it to still be one of the main topics of conversation when we have our own season to worry about is way over the top. I’d be surprised if the Green House are talking about Wighton every single day over the off season.
Well what can we talk about mate ? Please give us a list of gunner approved topics …. I wouldn’t want to be over the top .
I mean there’s only so much we can wrist cut about a trial right ? Or do you want have 10 threads about that. That’s far more enjoyable to participate in right ?
Luke brooks thread …. We suck
Harold Matt’s thread … u16s good wests tigers suck
Round 2 thread … we suck
Dragons trial …. Omg we are doomed .
Seems pretty riveting to me ….

Well what can we talk about mate ? Please give us a list of gunner approved topics …. I wouldn’t want to be over the top .
I mean there’s only so much we can wrist cut about a trial right ? Or do you want have 10 threads about that. That’s far more enjoyable to participate in right ?
Luke brooks thread …. We suck
Harold Matt’s thread … u16s good wests tigers suck
Round 2 thread … we suck
Dragons trial …. Omg we are doomed .
Seems pretty riveting to me ….
Nice strawman. Talk about what you want. Just because I find the topic‘s prominence bemusing, doesn’t mean I’m telling you not to discuss it.

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Staff online

Back