Luke Brooks #167

Remember last pre season you & @pawsandclaws1 were adamant Brooks finally had a decent forward pack & we'd finally see improvements? how'd that go? If Manly do well it's because of Turbo not because of Brooks.
I think teams will have to manage the threat of Turbo as well as the speed in their three quarter line and Brooks might see a lot more space than he’s used to as the marked man at WT.

I think teams will have to manage the threat of Turbo as well as the speed in their three quarter line and Brooks might see a lot more space than he’s used to as the marked man at WT.
What’s not being spoken about is the Sea Eagles would this season have the quickest 1-6 in the game.
Brooks speed alongside the back five would be huge for them. DCE is no slouch as well.

Remember last pre season you & @pawsandclaws1 were adamant Brooks finally had a decent forward pack & we'd finally see improvements? how'd that go? If Manly do well it's because of Turbo not because of Brooks.

Yep....
I remember being super excited about the forward pack....
(Not Klemmer so much, But the back rowers and Stef with another year under his belt)

The only forward I'm excited about post season is the one that's played 20 games.
And the one we sent to Melbourne...
In Hindsight, I was very underwhelmed by our Forward last year....
Despite them seemingly being rated amongst the best in the comp here.

Furthermore, I don't know I was adamant...
I was certain he'd never played behind one, And optimistic the guys we bought with what we had would be one....

They weren't

Yep....
(Not Klemmer so much, But the back rowers and Stef with another year under his belt)

The only forward I'm excited about post season is the one that's played 20 games.

I was certain he'd never played behind one, And optimistic the guys we bought with what we had would be one....

They weren't
The book of Luke Brooks excuses just gets longer & longer

What’s not being spoken about is the Sea Eagles would this season have the quickest 1-6 in the game.
Brooks speed alongside the back five would be huge for them. DCE is no slouch as well.
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but during the John’s interview, Cooper mentioned while he was at Storm their plan playing the Tigers was simply “stop Brooks.” Nobody else warranted attention.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but during the John’s interview, Cooper mentioned while he was at Storm their plan playing the Tigers was simply “stop Brooks.” Nobody else warranted attention.
Haha!! Woods said the same…
What else would it be?

He fellas, keep an eye on that Jordan Rankin, Kyle Lovett and Nathan Milone
😂😂

what ? you mean Doueihi and Hastings didn't get a mention ?? shock horror

Yep....

They weren't

What a load of BS and revisionist history.

Towards the end of April, we were first in offloads, top five in possession, lines engaged, all run metres, top 6 in post contact metres, and 10th in missed tackles (down from 4th in 2022).

Guess what our record was?

Try removing your lips from Brooks ass for once and stop making BS excuses for him, it’s pathetic.

Last edited:
What a load of BS and revisionist history.

Towards the end of April, we were first in offloads, top five in possession, lines engaged, all run metres, top 6 in post contact metres, and 10th in missed tackles (down from 4th in 2022).

Guess what our record was?

Try removing your lips from Brooks ass for once and stop making BS excuses for him, it’s pathetic.
You’ve just put a light on Furner’s KPIs, but he’s gone. We should be using Panthers’ games in our training sessions, with emphasis on how their pack look after their half?

You’ve just put a light on Furner’s KPIs, but he’s gone. We should be using Panthers’ games in our training sessions, with emphasis on how their pack look after their half?

The pack did look after our piss poor excuse of a half and the stats back that up. Brooks repaid it by doing what he’s done his entire career: shitting the bed in the opp 20.

Even when the pack performing at a top 8 standard, we were unable to score points. That is mostly on Brooks and no amount of revisionist history or deflecting will change that.

People will frown and even laugh at me but now because of Brooks, I have to watch Manly play.
Like half of us Wests Tigers Supporters, I want him to go well.
He copped a lot of crap from one and all. Being bashed from pillar to post. No one can perform to their best when people are continually watching over the shoulder and nitpicking every decision, right or wrong.

My opinion only - but I feel he checked out a couple of seasons ago and it showed in his performance. Don't think at this point we have replaced him with anyone better skill wise, but if your hearts not in it and all the focus is on you in a key position then parting ways was the best thing for the club and Brooks.
If he achieves what he wants at Manly great, but it will be on the back of the resources they have that we didnt.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back