Luke Brooks #167

Ink’s summary is 100% factual. Take the blinkers off when you watch the footy. You can criticise his short kicking game, his game management, his leadership qualities but not his commitment. Always turned up to play despite most weeks knowing he was going to cop more criticism and yet another hiding.
Come on B , seems like you have the blinkers on as well regarding that summation of Brooks.
All of those things he hasn’t done well are the reasons so many people are glad to see him go. I understand that you feel he’s been badly treated and has come out and played his guts out for the team ( NOT).
I’m willing to admit I am only interested in his, or anyone elses commitment, if it translates to winning, or at least a positive outcome. Especially in the most pivotal position on the field.
You don’t get paid in my mind for just turning up.

Which part do you disagree with?

Which part do you disagree with?
“ He’s never dogged it and played with ticker”, that will do for now.
I seem to remember you’ve had some serious shots at him before but now you have flipped to the other side and are defending him.
Do you really think out of all the commentary on this forum that he would attract, primarily such a negative reaction, if “he never dogged it and played with ticker”.

I'll have a go. I see him put in for us... He's never dogged it and he plays with ticker... Yeah he ain't the most talented and I've been very critical of him in the past... But he does play tough and I admire that
"dirt bag"
"pure shit"
"cancer"
He don't deserve that and I hate this online keyboard warrior stuff.
He has copped so much crap... He must be very mentally strong! Another admirable trait... Deserves some good things his way imo
The fans deserve a half back that can win games and not a dirtbag that only cares for money, plays like pure shit and has been nothing but a cancer on the club.

I don’t think anyone can question Brooks effort I mean to me he always put in & gave it 100%. But most of the time it was just never consistent or good enough which sums up his career. It will be nice to see him do well although there’s no team I hate more than the scum that is Manly so if he flops i’ll be happy too 🤣🤣 4 year deal is a massive risk tho glad it’s not us taking it.

I think it was calf

Nah, he's cooked, hammys have gone, knocking on the door of 30. Will turn into a long term injury, In the next calendar year he will have another injury that will take him out for 10+ games. Dude signed for his pension contract. Will be lucky to play 30 games for Manly across 4 years.

Did his calf & hammy on the same leg. Not good,
at least he can use Turbo's physio at manly ...

“ He’s never dogged it and played with ticker”, that will do for now.
I seem to remember you’ve had some serious shots at him before but now you have flipped to the other side and are defending him.
Do you really think out of all the commentary on this forum that he would attract, primarily such a negative reaction, if “he never dogged it and played with ticker”.
Bandwagoner

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
I don’t think anyone can question Brooks effort I mean to me he always put in & gave it 100%. But most of the time it was just never consistent or good enough which sums up his career. It will be nice to see him do well although there’s no team I hate more than the scum that is Manly so if he flops i’ll be happy too 🤣🤣 4 year deal is a massive risk tho glad it’s not us taking it.
I question a lot of his 5th tackle options. Need your head read if you dont.

I'll have a go. I see him put in for us... He's never dogged it and he plays with ticker... Yeah he ain't the most talented and I've been very critical of him in the past... But he does play tough and I admire that
"dirt bag"
"pure shit"
"cancer"
He don't deserve that and I hate this online keyboard warrior stuff.
He has copped so much crap... He must be very mentally strong! Another admirable trait... Deserves some good things his way imo
Nice post, very well said.

Hope he can play as good as we know he can more consistently outside DCE, and with some good weapons on the edges around him. Will be watching with great curiosity.

He needed this move more than the Tigers needed it. In fact, with no backup - its quite the disaster.

Enter Madden. Lol.

Reactions: BZN
Brooks is very good in the areas he’s good at - he’s fast, he’s got decent footwork and his defence is good for a player his size. His poor decision making, inability to close out games and short kicking game have stopped him being next level. They’d want DCE to stay fit, Schuster/Brooks won’t even get them in the top 8.

Brooks is very good in the areas he’s good at - he’s fast, he’s got decent footwork and his defence is good for a player his size. His poor decision making, inability to close out games and short kicking game have stopped him being next level. They’d want DCE to stay fit, Schuster/Brooks won’t even get them in the top 8.
ya know, like kind of what his entire role in the team pertains to.

see ya Brooksy, thanks for absolutely nothing but 10 years of failure

NEXT

Sooo do we nominate a new punching bag

Twal has scored his try so maybe it's his turn 🙃

Ink’s summary is 100% factual. Take the blinkers off when you watch the footy. You can criticise his short kicking game, his game management, his leadership qualities but not his commitment. Always turned up to play despite most weeks knowing he was going to cop more criticism and yet another hiding.

Man thats a weird post. All those attributes you listed that brooks lacks is exactly why he cops it. I’m not here to watch nice blokes try their best, I wanna win some game. Brooks is extremely untalented athlete who lucked into the one team that would give him a career.

Indo

Looks like the Sea Eagles have just signed up to a 4 year finals drought… Couldn’t happen to a better club 🙂

To be honest though, I think Brooks will go alright there, would suit playing with DCE. He hasn’t been great value for us, but 700K a year is about right. He wouldn’t have received the attention he has if he was getting paid that here…

Last edited:
Back