Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

A halfback should be into his forwards all day. Like the greats Stuart, Langer, Tommy R, a halfbacks job is to control the game and set up his side, including forwards. Do you think the men mentioned along with JT, Cronk would not be instructing their forwards? You are kidding.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501708) said:
A halfback should be into his forwards all day. Like the greats Stuart, Langer, Tommy R, a halfbacks job is to control the game and set up his side, including forwards. Do you think the men mentioned along with JT, Cronk would not be instructing their forwards? You are kidding.

Our forwards are garbage though.

So it’s Brooks fault Tamou dogged most of the year? Now it all makes sense.

The statue of Wally Lewis talks more than Brooks. Our forwards are young Stef, Simpkins, Simpson, Blore, Kelma etc. I don't disagree that we have some trash but he is in that category.

You just know a bloke named Terry T Nuts is on here for serious debate . Who’s alt is it you reckon?

Anyone who thinks he is a loss and a great halfback knows nothing about Rugby League, period.

I just think we should try him at dummy half first, I don’t think that has been suggested before

He just needs to go, dummy half you need to communicate and he hasn't said three words on a football field since 2018.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501708) said:

Brooks should set up camp in Luciano’s passenger seat and slap him every time he goes thru maccas drive thru?

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501623) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501590) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500871) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500849) said:
@bob said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1319946) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1319922) said:
Ok guys, leave the debate for other appropriate threads.

Have your vote and try to keep the comments to the vote only.

Throwing madden, another rookie into the spine is madness. The issue with our spine now is nobody knows what it takes to win in the NRL.

I’d be all for getting rid of brooks if you got a Reynolds or a Cleary signed as a replacement. But you a just putting people there who aren’t ready for the sake of getting rid of brooks.

It’s a replay of binning sheens because he didn’t make the eight, then going through four coaches with very little success.

We got rid of Benji because everyone though brooks would be better for the team. after two games we are panicking and are going to hand the team over to Madden who has never played NRL or AD who has played about 150 minutes in the halves?

If you want brooks gone fine, but go to market and get him replaced by somebody you know will be better.

Yep. Sack brooks and soon enough we’ll have a jock madden hate thread

I doubt it. He wouldn’t last long.

He’s the great white hope because he can kick in behind . Until everyone realised that we will end up like the bulldogs attack . Control possession for 20 minutes , come away with a field goal . Not bagging him , he will be good with a dynamic 6 , but the great white hope he is not . And expectations should reflect that . But they don’t , because he’s anyone but brooks lol

He’s yet to make a line break, bust a tackle , put anyone through a hole, basically doesn’t threaten. Reserve grade footballer IMO.

I've never seen Madden do anything special. I've seen Brooks come up with plenty of good plays. Brooks > Madden.

I'm still punting on Hastings being a gun half. Brooksy either kills it at 6 or AD takes his spot when he comes back.

@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501744) said:

Throwing madden, another rookie into the spine is madness. The issue with our spine now is nobody knows what it takes to win in the NRL.

I’d be all for getting rid of brooks if you got a Reynolds or a Cleary signed as a replacement. But you a just putting people there who aren’t ready for the sake of getting rid of brooks.

It’s a replay of binning sheens because he didn’t make the eight, then going through four coaches with very little success.

We got rid of Benji because everyone though brooks would be better for the team. after two games we are panicking and are going to hand the team over to Madden who has never played NRL or AD who has played about 150 minutes in the halves?

If you want brooks gone fine, but go to market and get him replaced by somebody you know will be better.

He’s the great white hope because he can kick in behind . Until everyone realised that we will end up like the bulldogs attack . Control possession for 20 minutes , come away with a field goal . Not bagging him , he will be good with a dynamic 6 , but the great white hope he is not . And expectations should reflect that . But they don’t , because he’s anyone but brooks lol

He’s yet to make a line break, bust a tackle , put anyone through a hole, basically doesn’t threaten. Reserve grade footballer IMO.

I've never seen Madden do anything special. I've seen Brooks come up with plenty of good plays. Brooks Madden.

I'm still punting on Hastings being a gun half. Brooksy either kills it at 6 or AD takes his spot when he comes back.

Brooks doesn’t appear to be featured in pre season photos unless I’ve missed him. Drums are beating.

@speed2burn said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501719) said:
I just think we should try him at dummy half first, I don’t think that has been suggested before

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before. It might be worth trying him there for a game or maybe two but I don't see why it'd work over keeping Liddle/Simpkin or buying someone like Hodgson.

To me it comes across as having to find a spot for Brooks but we don't have too. Brooks has to deserve his spot in first grade and stay their on the back of good performances.

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501746) said:

I've never seen Madden do anything special. I've seen Brooks come up with plenty of good plays. Brooks Madden.

Brooks doesn’t appear to be featured in pre season photos unless I’ve missed him. Drums are beating.

I wonder if they let him go. I'm okay with letting him go but you'd like to think we pick up a quality player if that happens.

@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501751) said:

I wonder if they let him go. I'm okay with letting him go but you'd like to think we pick up a quality player if that happens.

Sheens has always seen Ken Maumalo as a 7

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501753) said:

Apparently Mikaele is on Sheens rader as a running 6.

@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501754) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501753) said:

Apparently Mikaele is on Sheens rader as a running 6.

As long as they hand him the ball like he’s a NFL running back cos he’s got flipper hands

Back