Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501749) said:
@speed2burn said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501719) said:
I just think we should try him at dummy half first, I don’t think that has been suggested before

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before. It might be worth trying him there for a game or maybe two but I don't see why it'd work over keeping Liddle/Simpkin or buying someone like Hodgson.

To me it comes across as having to find a spot for Brooks but we don't have too. Brooks has to deserve his spot in first grade and stay their on the back of good performances.

Sarcasm mate, I’ve seen the suggestion a million times

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501746) said:
@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501744) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501623) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501590) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500871) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500849) said:
@bob said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1319946) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1319922) said:
Ok guys, leave the debate for other appropriate threads.

Have your vote and try to keep the comments to the vote only.

Throwing madden, another rookie into the spine is madness. The issue with our spine now is nobody knows what it takes to win in the NRL.

I’d be all for getting rid of brooks if you got a Reynolds or a Cleary signed as a replacement. But you a just putting people there who aren’t ready for the sake of getting rid of brooks.

It’s a replay of binning sheens because he didn’t make the eight, then going through four coaches with very little success.

We got rid of Benji because everyone though brooks would be better for the team. after two games we are panicking and are going to hand the team over to Madden who has never played NRL or AD who has played about 150 minutes in the halves?

If you want brooks gone fine, but go to market and get him replaced by somebody you know will be better.

Yep. Sack brooks and soon enough we’ll have a jock madden hate thread

I doubt it. He wouldn’t last long.

He’s the great white hope because he can kick in behind . Until everyone realised that we will end up like the bulldogs attack . Control possession for 20 minutes , come away with a field goal . Not bagging him , he will be good with a dynamic 6 , but the great white hope he is not . And expectations should reflect that . But they don’t , because he’s anyone but brooks lol

He’s yet to make a line break, bust a tackle , put anyone through a hole, basically doesn’t threaten. Reserve grade footballer IMO.

I've never seen Madden do anything special. I've seen Brooks come up with plenty of good plays. Brooks Madden.

I'm still punting on Hastings being a gun half. Brooksy either kills it at 6 or AD takes his spot when he comes back.

Brooks doesn’t appear to be featured in pre season photos unless I’ve missed him. Drums are beating.

“Senior” players aren’t due back until Nov 15th (I’m guessing that includes Nofa, Brooks, Tamou etc)

@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501754) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501753) said:
@earl said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501751) said:

Throwing madden, another rookie into the spine is madness. The issue with our spine now is nobody knows what it takes to win in the NRL.

I’d be all for getting rid of brooks if you got a Reynolds or a Cleary signed as a replacement. But you a just putting people there who aren’t ready for the sake of getting rid of brooks.

It’s a replay of binning sheens because he didn’t make the eight, then going through four coaches with very little success.

We got rid of Benji because everyone though brooks would be better for the team. after two games we are panicking and are going to hand the team over to Madden who has never played NRL or AD who has played about 150 minutes in the halves?

If you want brooks gone fine, but go to market and get him replaced by somebody you know will be better.

He’s the great white hope because he can kick in behind . Until everyone realised that we will end up like the bulldogs attack . Control possession for 20 minutes , come away with a field goal . Not bagging him , he will be good with a dynamic 6 , but the great white hope he is not . And expectations should reflect that . But they don’t , because he’s anyone but brooks lol

He’s yet to make a line break, bust a tackle , put anyone through a hole, basically doesn’t threaten. Reserve grade footballer IMO.

I've never seen Madden do anything special. I've seen Brooks come up with plenty of good plays. Brooks Madden.

I'm still punting on Hastings being a gun half. Brooksy either kills it at 6 or AD takes his spot when he comes back.

Brooks doesn’t appear to be featured in pre season photos unless I’ve missed him. Drums are beating.

I wonder if they let him go. I'm okay with letting him go but you'd like to think we pick up a quality player if that happens.

Sheens has always seen Ken Maumalo as a 7

Apparently Mikaele is on Sheens rader as a running 6.

That would mean catching the ball. Can we put velcro on his hands ?

@speed2burn said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501758) said:

“Senior” players aren’t due back until Nov 15th (I’m guessing that includes Nofa, Brooks, Tamou etc)

Seems a stupid rule when our season was done in July.

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501763) said:

Yep, I don’t really get it either

@speed2burn said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501766) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501763) said:

Yep, I don’t really get it either

Couldn’t ask Luciano to come back before mchappy day

Only these players are back

NRL squad: Daine Laurie, Tommy Talau, Adam Doueihi, AJ Kepaoa, Jock Madden, Stefano Utoikamanu, Shawn Blore, Kelma Tuilagi, Alex Seyfarth, William Kei, Tuki Simpokins, Jake Simpkin, Thomas Mikaele, Reece Hoffman.

The rest come back on the 15th..

@geo said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501771) said:

Only these players are back

NRL squad: Daine Laurie, Tommy Talau, Adam Doueihi, AJ Kepaoa, Jock Madden, Stefano Utoikamanu, Shawn Blore, Kelma Tuilagi, Alex Seyfarth, William Kei, Tuki Simpokins, Jake Simpkin, Thomas Mikaele, Reece Hoffman.

The rest come back on the 15th..

Fair enough. Hopefully a few others are added before then.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501700) said:
Brooks is clueless and appears to just be going through the motions. His performances , in particular in the last half of the year were pathetic. Everyone blames the forwards, surely a veteran of over 8 seasons in the NRL would be able to guide a young pack around, but no he looks like a possum in the headlights. Madden just has to be solid at six, personally I would have Peachy and Laurie over him first until AD returns.

God people have some serious revisionist history going on . He played poorly in the last game . So did everyone . Outside of that , I distinctly remember his name getting mentioned in most games 3,2,1, with the obvious Melbourne debacle being another “no one turned up” .
Once again not saying he’s elite , but the thread is there to be read . Go read it . If you rated him to get a mention at the time , how can 3 months later people say things like “he was poor all year “ . Or the best one is “hasn’t played a decent game since his debut “ .
NOT I repeat NOT saying he’s the messiah , or irreplaceable , but the sheer lack of intellectual honesty , does my head in .
Is your arguement that built on a house of cards that you can’t concede , simple facts ?
This whole concede any ground is to concede all ground bias , is ludicrous .

KNIGHTS SET TO SIGN PEARCE REPLACEMENT

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks is reportedly on the cusp of signing with the Knights as Mitchell Pearce’s replacement.

Brooks has been linked to Newcastle since Pearce dropped the bombshell last month that he wants to immediately join Super League side Catalans.

The Knights believe he is a suitable replacement at No.7 and Brooks shares the same management as Newcastle coach Adam O’Brien.

Brooks still has two years to run on his current Tigers contract that takes him through until the end of the 2023 season.

Channel 7s Michelle Bishop revealed on SEN radio that Brooks is likely on the move as Tigers recruits Jackson Hastings and Oliver Gildart arrive from England.

“There’s definitely movement at the Tigers, the statement the Tigers released a week or so ago about Luke Brooks staying put,” Bishop said on SEN’s Breakfast
“We may need to get the white-out out because my sources are telling me he could be making that trek up along the M1 to Newcastle sooner than we think to play with the Knights and replace Mitchell Pearce.

“Jackson Hastings has arrived, he’s the man the Tigers see as the man of the moment. Oliver Gildart arrived in Australia overnight, the classy centre.

“They sort of want this (Brooks move) to happen on both sides so they can start pre-season training without any hiccups.

“And once that happens, the rest will fall into place and it will Api or Josh Hodgson

@elderslie_tiger said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501775) said:

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks is reportedly on the cusp of signing with the Knights as Mitchell Pearce’s replacement.

Brooks has been linked to Newcastle since Pearce dropped the bombshell last month that he wants to immediately join Super League side Catalans.

The Knights believe he is a suitable replacement at No.7 and Brooks shares the same management as Newcastle coach Adam O’Brien.

Brooks still has two years to run on his current Tigers contract that takes him through until the end of the 2023 season.

Channel 7s Michelle Bishop revealed on SEN radio that Brooks is likely on the move as Tigers recruits Jackson Hastings and Oliver Gildart arrive from England.

“There’s definitely movement at the Tigers, the statement the Tigers released a week or so ago about Luke Brooks staying put,” Bishop said on SEN’s Breakfast
“We may need to get the white-out out because my sources are telling me he could be making that trek up along the M1 to Newcastle sooner than we think to play with the Knights and replace Mitchell Pearce.

“Jackson Hastings has arrived, he’s the man the Tigers see as the man of the moment. Oliver Gildart arrived in Australia overnight, the classy centre.

“They sort of want this (Brooks move) to happen on both sides so they can start pre-season training without any hiccups.

“And once that happens, the rest will fall into place and it will Api or Josh Hodgson

If we were to consider a swap, than is there anyone Knights have who we would like which we think they would consider letting go?

Obviously not Ponga, and I doubt the Safiti boys. But is Klemmer a viable option? Do they still have Connor Watson? He was a possible target of ours a couple of years ago. But perhaps not now, as Peachey will likely fill that space in our roster.

Do they have any good centres? (Apart from bradman best as I cant see them letting him go.)

@jd-tiger said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501776) said:

If we were to consider a swap, than is there anyone Knights have who we would like which we think they would consider letting go?

Obviously not Ponga, and I doubt the Safiti boys. But is Klemmer a viable option? Do they still have Connor Watson? He was a possible target of ours a couple of years ago. But perhaps not now, as Peachey will likely fill that space in our roster.

Do they have any good centres? (Apart from bradman best as I cant see them letting him go.)

We chased Frizell previously

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501779) said:

Does he have it though ? He was meh last year , with a few cases of brilliance . I would chase Fitzgibbon or Barnett . Even Tex Hoy . I think that kid has something

@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501782) said:

Does he have it though ? He was meh last year , with a few cases of brilliance . I would chase Fitzgibbon or Barnett . Even Tex Hoy . I think that kid has something

I think I read Roosters were looking at Hoy. But maybe I misunderstood.

We concede so many tries on edges because our edge players are slow and lazy. Frizell puts fear in opposition halves and hits hard. Ticks boxes ✅

@jd-tiger said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501784) said:

Hoy to Panthers to replace May

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501786) said:

We concede so many tries on edges because our edge players are slow and lazy. Frizell puts fear in opposition halves and hits hard. Ticks boxes ✅

Yea that’s true . I’m hoping Blore takes a leap . He seems like he could be that . But your right frizell is not a bunch of maybes . He’s the real deal .

@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501793) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501786) said:

Yea that’s true . I’m hoping Blore takes a leap . He seems like he could be that . But your right frizell is not a bunch of maybes . He’s the real deal

Blore looks to have the physical traits but give him Frizell and also Cayless to learn from and the chances of him getting there are better.

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501787) said:
@jd-tiger said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501784) said:

Hoy to Panthers to replace May

Sullivan from Warriors has been signed for that.

Back