Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Before you say anything my boy
@Demps you flip-flopper on
Madden a few times let's be
honest, I hope we keep them
both but Brooks seems to have
the game that our coaches
want to work with.. I'm ok with it

Many will not like this but I believe it comes down to Sheens and his ability to relate to players. A couple of years under Sheens and Madden will be a much different player, similar or better than the on-field improvement in Robert Lui. The Knights' coach doesn't appear to be have a lot - Maguire lite.
You only need to look at the improvement in the Bulldogs with the change of coach. It is the same players, but who are now showing confidence in their play. You would think they were two different teams. Could be because of a change in man management, change in tactics or combination of both. The head coach has a massive effect on the fortunes of a team - both positive and negative.

My god is everyone at Tigers HQ delusional? I like the kid but he hasn't got the runs on the. Board to offer another contract. He wins one game a year on his own if that.

We need to move on for our sake and Luke's.
Nobody wins a 17 man game on their own, that’s just stupid newspaper talk.

I have warmed to the idea of Brooks, Douihei as the halves pairing with Hastings at lock. Hastings only issue is a lack of speed but at lock he works well and ball plays well and is big enough to make good metres.

Personally I would have let brooks go as the salary cap is a big issue with 3 halves in one side. If they can make it work I’m not against it even though I feel Hastings is the superior halfback.

This puts more pressure on the front rowers so if we go down that path they have to find another big metre eater. Pole, Utoikamanu are good prospects but we need another coming through.
twal

Scary times at WT's. It is a 50:50 call whether Shifty Sheens is talking up our love of all things Brooks to get Newcastle to pay us more than $20 towards his 2023 contract; or this is a classic Sheenius move to re-sign the little maestro for life at $1.5m a season. Time for a GoFundMe page to help make Brooksie a Tradie in 2023.

AOB is the same bloke who, while he was carrying on like a twit on the booze at Newy Races. Asked security "Don't you know who I am?" When they asked him to pull his head in. I'm not surprised he started rattling off his coaching record as an assistant in that press conference. Bloke has huge tickets on himself
O’Brien talks like he’s been smacked in the head with a shovel pre-press conference.

I dont understand why Sheens and benji still want brooks like it's been 8 plus years and nothing has changed him leaving would be a win win for both parties
Imo there has been an uplift in the performances of our team as a result of a change in the coach, management and style of football being played. Tamou, who has turned out to be a great buy, is a good example. If you go back to the Sheens' Q and A with Rothfield, he mentions Brooks was one of the players especially frustrated with the style of football Magure coached. That Sheens/Marshall and no doubt Farah have a high regards for Brooks' ability imo reflects on Maguire's coaching.

I remember writing when Maguire was still here when many of the forum were condemning the squad and backing Maguire not to judge them until they have had the opportunity to play under a different coach. That Sheens references 2018 in relation to Brooks (when Cleary was coach) is significant.

Imo there has been an uplift in the performances of our team as a result of a change in the coach, management and style of football being played. Tamou, who has turned out to be a great buy, is a good example. If you go back to the Sheens' Q and A with Rothfield, he mentions Brooks was one of the players especially frustrated with the style of football Magure coached. That Sheens/Marshall and no doubt Farah have a high regards for Brooks' ability imo reflects on Maguire's coaching.

I remember writing when Maguire was still here when many of the forum were condemning the squad and backing Maguire not to judge them until they have had the opportunity to play under a different coach. That Sheens references 2018 in relation to Brooks (when Cleary was coach) is significant.
change of attitude , they realise NOW that as a club , they have decided to press the reset. NO MORE LEAKS.
YOU WANT RESPECT, EARN IT, WT
thats why to some this feels foreign or eerie

Wests Tigers have put an offer to Brooks management for $2.3M for the next 3 years including the final year on his current contract. Tiger for life.
Ss that's $1,2 mill extra for a 2 year extension .Sheens wants him and that's that that!! I guess they could sign madden for 3 years for half of the Brooks deal but doubt they can keep madden if Brooks signed

Back