Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

If there was ever a time to cut him loose, it would have been before his last re-signing. Certainly not now that halfbacks are as scarce as Tigers with no claws.
Doubtful - we extended him because he was playing good football (forgotten quickly here) Cronk was on his way out - JT was gone… there weren’t halves cropping up everywhere - there still isn’t.

I think Brooks should move on and take a massive pay cut to go to another system. If I was advicing him, I would be happy to lose $300k a season to play 14 at Storm.

From our perspective, there isn't anyone better than Brooks in the market. 6. Douehi, 7. Hastings leaves us with no depth. Even if we were to buy an average halfback like an Aiden Sezer or someone, we would be paying him $350k at least plus whatever Brooks' left over costs are.

It's just not worth it.

6. Douehi
7. Brooks
13. Hastings

Let's hope we make this combo work. Otherwise,

6. Douehi
7. Hastings
14. Brooks

Laurie, Api, Brooks, Hastings and Douehi. These guys are in the 17 for almost every team in the comp. Let's build the club around them. That's our 1,6,7,9,13- at their best, these guys shouldn't get the spoon again.
Agree except for Laurie. I hope he's a good half because I don't think he's a good fullback.

if we keep him?just want to see him finally hit his straps for a year,at least.

The only way I could see Sheens allow Brooks to leave before his final year contract with us is done is if another Club takes the full load of his $1m contract or we get swap player benefit.
My guess would be that the only club that would be able to contemplate something like that would be Newcastle and maybe Dolphins.
But yea …. I expect that he will stay and possibly on restructured contract.

Crikey! 4569 posts on Brooks. Could it be that many of us know he has the skill but hasn’t produced for a few seasons now?
The club has had a disappointing record of not developing players. His mates made the right move.

Worst player in history for the $

No way and it's not even close.

Mbye, Reynolds and Packer.

Brooks has been decent value until now. Now he is overpaid. Brooks though isn't even in the top 50.

The hyperbole against Brooks is hilarious.

Last edited:
Worst half in history for the $ return
🥾 the imp

At least it's somewhat qualified.

Still way off. Brooks may not be good but I reckon he is a first grader. He is nowhere near a marquee half and I'm pretty sure we are paying him that money next year. He is rarely injured. Up until next year he was decent value.

The big realistic question to me is if we can downgrade his pay to more like 600k for the next 3 seasons is that acceptable or do we wear his contract next year and let him go.

There is no way he is a million dollar player. There is no way Doueihi is a 650k player though.

Those guys are on massive overs.

I wouldn't pay Moses or Dylan Brown anywhere near a million and they are both better than AD and Brooks based on performances.

Still way off. Brooks may not be good but I reckon he is a first grader. He is nowhere near a marquee half and I'm pretty sure we are paying him that money next year. He is rarely injured. Up until next year he was decent value.

The big realistic question to me is if we can downgrade his pay to more like 600k for the next 3 seasons is that acceptable or do we wear his contract next year and let him go.

There is no way he is a million dollar player. There is no way Doueihi is a 650k player though.

I wouldn't pay Moses or Dylan Brown anywhere near a million and they are both better than AD and Brooks based on performances.
So you say brooks is no good but in the same sentence you say he’s a first grader 😂

Get off the fence Earl

I'm laughing. The fence is the only spot that makes sense at times.

I view all our spine players as having massive flaws but offering plenty of positives at times. I suppose this is why people state the coach may fix the situation. I'm not convinced Sheens and co or anyone can turn our spine into a premiership winning spine.

I'll add a qualified statement and that is Brooks and Doueihi are not worth 500k based on their performances last year and Hastings is probably worth no more than 650k.

Who was responsible for Brooks getting a million plus next year...Unbelieveable

Back