Status
Not open for further replies.
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464959) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464950) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464946) said:
@mike said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464944) said:
@tigerap said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464884) said:
Brooks will survive

Then we won’t make the finals again next year if Brooks is still halfback.

We won’t make finals regardless of whose halfback.

Hastings will give it a better shot than Brooke

Maybe. But that doesn’t mean he’s the answer either. But again, that’s just blind faith to believe that he’d give more of a stuff than anyone else wearing the jersey. No one would have thought that way about Tamou last year, yet look at him this year. The jersey is diseased and the joint is cancer. It sucks the life out of anyone that comes in contact with it.

In the case of Tamou, BJ, Roberts one can argue that they were "no hope" when we bought them.
On the positive side we have Utoikamanu, Laurie, and Seyforth.
So it is not all doom and gloom.
IMHO, the couch must be held responsible for a part of this debackle,
he picked his players, he had enough time to introduce his "culture", and at the end, he prepared and selected the team. IMHO, he supported mediocracy, so he picked: C-K (Lovett deja vu :angry: ), Mbye, L Leilua, Talau, Nofoaluma and Brooks game after game, and would not even try something new.

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464977) said:
@moh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464976) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464970) said:
@moh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464965) said:
I don't know if I believe the rumour that Madge and Brooks don't get on.

Its going to be an interesting off season.

IMO Tigers ruined Brooks more than Brooks had ruined the Tigers.

8/10 years ….Brooks has stunk it up …

Not disagreeing, but Brooks would have gone better every one of those years at a club with talent.

I Doubt he’d have been retained by a better club for more than half a season mate …
Only we put up with rubbish for this long

Even the bulldogs would have gotten rid of him after 2 seasons. Only this mediocre club would keep a mediocre half for the dream of a local junior leading us to a glory.should we go another 5 years with him.

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464983) said:
@merlot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464981) said:

Not disagreeing, but Brooks would have gone better every one of those years at a club with talent.

I Doubt he’d have been retained by a better club for more than half a season mate …

any tickets left 4the LB fan club

@happy_tiger was the last remaining member ..
The fan club has been dissolved.

secret sociatey,your invo is in the mail

@merlot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464996) said:

Return to sender lol

Brooksy has some great skills but lacks descission making ability.

Our season isnt his fault alone but can he steer our improving young team into a finals????

Im not confident.

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464999) said:
@merlot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464996) said:

Return to sender lol

smoke signals buddy

He still has @Geo

@happy_tiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465006) said:

He still has @Geo

Confirmed ?

Brooks was interviewed pre game on Fox. The interviewer, Parker I think, asked him if the Tigers would be going out to have a bit of fun today and Brooks’s replied yes, they would have some fun with the pressure off.

With that attitude is it any wonder he served up that complete turd sandwich of a performance.

He needs to go.

@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1452058) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1451989) said:
Happy clappers everywhere

You’re quite happy to throw the baby out with the bath water . No ones happy , it’s infuriating.
But theres no quick fix . And guys like you always go for the quick fix , when it doesn’t work , we get another quick fix . And at no point is it ever fixed . Because quick fixes don’t fix anything . They’re just band aids until it falls apart again .
You were on the sack Taylor bandwagon . You were on the sack sheens bandwagon . You were on the sack potter band wagon . And now you’re on the sack Madge bandwagon .
Maybe it’s people like you who are the problem . As soon as the seas get rough , you look around for someone to save you.
We only save ourselves . No one else will. The nrl/ fox want us gone to Perth . So the Cronulla boys club , and all these inferior clubs with no supporters , don’t have to face thier inevitable demise .

And that’s what we are swimming against . It comes up so often by key people in the know , that it’s not really a conspiracy .
So the only way to pull us though is to have the fortitude to deal with bad times like this .

I will state for the record i have never been on any so called band wagon about the coach until now.

I have watched this team go backwards under Madge.
His selections baffle me (Cini today) Non selection of Madden until late in the season. Why he had always selected brooks and benched him only not dropped.
Although i agree with letting Benji go is'nt he playing better football now at Souths?
The players don't know there role.
There are no leaders on the field and nil talk.
He has a jrn player running the water bottle today than any of the other coaching staff???? Go figure, he is gone after this season unless management can't find anyone willing.

Would take Morris over Madge at this stage.

@spartan117 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465002) said:

Our season isnt his fault alone but can he steer our improving young team into a finals????

Im not confident.

We need to review each player and ask- will they win us a grand final?

Answer for Brooks is no. At least not at 7.

He doesnt have the killer instinct.

We need to start amking some tough calls and dramatic changes, otherwise next year will be the same as this year

Madge should do the honourable thing and resign. Put everyone out of our misery ( and by the way take Brooks with him).

@droppy said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465016) said:
Madge should do the honourable thing and resign. Put everyone out of our misery ( and by the way take Brooks with him).

Would you walk away from $750k ?
Didn’t think so !

@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464636) said:
@tv-ted-ellery said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1464628) said:
The club has to part ways with Brooks in the offseason. If we shop him around, we may find a club willing to pay 500 of his 850 salary in the hope that he rediscovers his 2018 form. It's the best chance that he has to revive his career as well.

You’re dreaming if you think any club would pay him 500k. As previously said, the club is already paying half of Mbye’s contract. Highly unlikely they move him on, pay half his contract as well, AND sack and pay out the coach. Then there will also be some delusional enough to think we’ll offload Noffa as well. Simply won’t happen.

Noffa is the biggest disappointment, coming through with Tedesco and Simona Noffa had a hell of a lot of potential.. he ran hard, did the dirty work and used to support and tackle well… now he’s turned into a poser,, he runs backwards and sideways and makes Mbye like stuntman like efforts to miss tackles without putting his body on the line…. It’s a real shame He’s not fulfilling his potential. He’s not hungry and seems to feel entitled, living off his rep or something but he’s not the noffa he looked like becoming!

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465023) said:
@droppy said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465016) said:

Would you walk away from $750k ?
Didn’t think so !

If Tigers half smart they give him the option, resign with lower pay out or get sacked ( which would affect his future employability). Either way they need rid of him.

This is the 1st I have heard the rumour.
Who did you hear it from?
I doubt very much Madge would give Brooks the honour of Capt if they didn't respect each other.

AS a few may know I was up in Rocky for the Sharks game and had the perfect seat to see the players coming into and out of the sheds

When the boys were coming in at HT I tried revving a few of the blokes up .....most smiled and gave a thumbs up .....when Brooksy was walking in I decided to give the same advice I give on here ....." Run the damn ball Brooksy .......it's your bloody biggest strength "......I got his attention and we locked eyes ...and his were dead ...lost like he just been to a funeral ...like he had already given up ......

Yeah he has probably had a thousand numbnuts like me yell our advice .....but the look in his eye ...no fire ...no desire

He tries his nuts out every week ...but he has been bloody ordinary for 2 months now ...

Maybe Sheens can help find his mojo .....his biggest problem is his best and worst for a half are so far apart its insane ...it's almost at Milford levels ......

He is so bloody frustrating ......

@frullens said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465015) said:
@spartan117 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1465002) said:

Im not confident.

We need to review each player and ask- will they win us a grand final?

Answer for Brooks is no. At least not at 7.

He doesnt have the killer instinct.

We need to start amking some tough calls and dramatic changes, otherwise next year will be the same as this year

rock paper scissors which 1of us coaches /off sider into affinaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back