Madge has to take the blame!

tigerap

Another heartbreaking loss from a game we should've won!.

You can blame Jennings, you can blame Douhei, but IMO the blame lays squarely with Madge for this loss.

Look at how Arthur has instilled mongrel in the Eels, they compete for EVERYTHING!, they scratch and claw their way to win EVERYTHING they are involved in!. They do not accept second best...That attitude is down to the Coach. They even bash each other up in opposing sessions. Our Boys are satisfied just to take the field and cross the stripe, they are content to just play They showed no urgency to get that short kickoff...reminded me of the 2011 semi final scrum play where we just froze!.. Our Coach swaps out our most competitive player in Thompson for Jennings, who is content to play in second gear. Our Coach swaps out our most mongrel bench player in Musgrove for pillow top Clark, he then promotes Seytharth who is clearly not ready for NRL; we then have Lawrence...our bench has NO impact, NO X factor....That is all down to the Coach....So Madge, its time you owned up and took a bullet for a loss...Our most competitive player is leaving, so what are our options for the wing...Oh well here comes 9th again!.

@tigerap said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158136) said:

You can blame Jennings, you can blame Douhei, but IMO the blame lays squarely with Madge for this loss.

Look at how Arthur has instilled mongrel in the Eels, they compete for EVERYTHING!, they scratch and claw their way to win EVERYTHING they are involved in!. They do not accept second best...That attitude is down to the Coach. They even bash each other up in opposing sessions. Our Boys are satisfied just to take the field and cross the stripe, they are content to just play They showed no urgency to get that short kickoff...reminded me of the 2011 semi final scrum play where we just froze!.. Our Coach swaps out our most competitive player in Thompson for Jennings, who is content to play in second gear. Our Coach swaps out our most mongrel bench player in Musgrove for pillow top Clark, he then promotes Seytharth who is clearly not ready for NRL; we then have Lawrence...our bench has NO impact, NO X factor....That is all down to the Coach....So Madge, its time you owned up and took a bullet for a loss...Our most competitive player is leaving, so what are our options for the wing...Oh well here comes 9th again!.

9th would be an achievement.

I am a Madge fan, but today was a let down.

Both halves were way off and the 7 tackle sets we gave away were unforgivable.

Neither half had any control, and you could feel the loss coming as a result.

Conversely...Grant was best on park by a mile.

Would have loved Madge to hook a half...send Walters into 6 or 7 with a clear "this game belongs to Walters and Grant" to get us home message.

Would have taken enormous guts to do it, but the 6 and 7 were unforgivably bad today ending our sets.

@tigerap said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158136) said:

Parra scratch and claw for everything WHEN THEY ARE WINNING. Will be funny to watch them implode once the poo hits the fan and they are getting stomped on. But yep, I get your point, we are soft as butter as a club. Still! Maybe one day we'll get a killer instinct.

I'm a Madge fan. I believe in what he says and the vision he has for the club. But for whatever reason, that isn't being translated onto the field.

As others have mentioned we don't look like a cohesive unit. In either defense or attack. They look disjointed and doing anything other than running one out looks really uncomfortable for them. Leilua and Mbye haven't seen any clean ball or any space all season.

The bench was always going to let us down. But the selection of Jennings was particularly painful.

Another year, a new roster, a new coach, same old Tigers.

If Madge had half the quality players we have not been able to retain over the past few years then - yes he would have to hold blame. Two of his highest paid players are not in the first grade side.

@Fraze23 said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158177) said:
I'm a Madge fan. I believe in what he says and the vision he has for the club. But for whatever reason, that isn't being translated onto the field.

As others have mentioned we don't look like a cohesive unit. In either defense or attack. They look disjointed and doing anything other than running one out looks really uncomfortable for them. Leilua and Mbye haven't seen any clean ball or any space all season.

The bench was always going to let us down. But the selection of Jennings was particularly painful.

I think the straw just broke the camels back after watching his press conference.
Hope he goes for the jugular.

It’s not the coach .... it’s our Clubs DNA that a procession of coaches have attempted to surgically remove and replace with little success.
This team just has not got the talent and will not get a sniff of anywhere near the success we all so strive for. That’s just reality.

@cktiger said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158202) said:

I think the straw just broke the camels back after watching his press conference.

Haven't seen it yet. Did he blow a gasket?

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/06/07/press-conference-nrl-round-4/

Was he livid ?
Hope so !

@Telltails said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158194) said:
If Madge had half the quality players we have not been able to retain over the past few years then - yes he would have to hold blame. Two of his highest paid players are not in the first grade side.

Madge picks the team though. If Reynolds isn't in the side that is Madge's decision. Would probably give Benji/Reynolds combo a go after tonight, Brooks was hopeless.

@Fade-To-Black said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158213) said:

Madge picks the team though. If Reynolds isn't in the side that is Madge's decision. Would probably give Benji/Reynolds combo a go after tonight, Brooks was hopeless.

Reynolds would struggle to hold a first grade position based on current form in any team other than ours and maybe the Bulldogs - and yet he is our highest paid player. Not how a good roster works.

@Fraze23 said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158209) said:

Haven't seen it yet. Did he blow a gasket?

Nope. Same old same lip service.
He should've flat come out and stated "some blokes will not be playing next week".

@TheDaBoss said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158210) said:
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/06/07/press-conference-nrl-round-4/

Same ol same ol......heard this many times over....we will get flogged by a hungry Raiders team meet week..

@Telltails said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158226) said:

Reynolds would struggle to hold a first grade position based on current form in any team other than ours and maybe the Bulldogs - and yet he is our highest paid player. Not how a good roster works.

As would Brooks.
Change is as good as a holiday.

He won't.
Jenko jnr will still be stinking up a treat next week. Guaranteed.

@Telltails said in [Madge has to take the blame\!](/post/1158226) said:

At least with Reynolds he’d have a crack and gives his all each game ..both our halves were cardboard cutouts tonight ..

And I couldn’t see Brooks getting a run at any other NRL team ...
That’s why we’re still lumbered with the nuffie !

Can’t blame Madge for this. He genuinely seems shocked and disappointed about this performance.

The players didn’t do what he asked and that’s on them, they didn’t even look like they wanted to win that’s not something he’s coachin.

Back