McKinnon set to be resigned until 2013

Bazzinator

UNWANTED by the Warriors a few weeks ago, it appears Wade McKinnon has finally found a home. Brought to Concord for the remainder of 2010, the former Eels and Rabbitohs fullback is now poised to re-sign with the Tigers until 2013.

It's from an article in the Tele regarding the Sharks hoping to sign a few players but of more interest is the last paragraph

Please be true, pleae be true :pray:

He provides us with so much more then Moltzen does at fullback, and that is not a reflection of Moltzen at all. Moltzen should be in the halves with McKinnon at fullback.

He has been good so far with the potential to get better as he gets to know the players in front of him
and they know him.
Hope that doesn’t change with the signing of a longer term contract.

good news if it happens wade fits right in with our style and seems to have brought a lot of energy to his game, he was every where in the cowboys game, still waiting for him to make an awesome try saving tackle as fulllback?

2013? I don't like that long, I'd be thinking til end of 2012 max. I'm happy we are looking to keep him but he isn't gettig any younger…

I think it's without doubt the right move by the club. I know it puts pressure on the position of both Moltzen and Lui who will have to fight for the 7 but putting that problem aside it really is the right move for the club heading forward.

@Tigerpete said:
I think it's without doubt the right move by the club. I know it puts pressure on the position of both Moltzen and Lui who will have to fight for the 7 but putting that problem aside it really is the right move for the club heading forward.

Thats all OK but where does it leave young Jake Mullaney.

I don't think he's ready for NRL yet, but 12 months is a long time in rugby league and he should only get better.

McKinnon for 3 years I'm not sure about.

I agree about Mullaney. I don't really know how good he is but a lot of posters here rate him. Let's hope he gets the right sort of encouragement and also some game time in NRL over the next year or so. A lot can happen in the game and he may get a start somehow before 2013.

@tigesup said:
@Tigerpete said:

Thats all OK but where does it leave young Jake Mullaney.

I don't think he's ready for NRL yet, but 12 months is a long time in rugby league and he should only get better.

McKinnon for 3 years I'm not sure about.

If Mullaney is good enough hopefully he'll get a start. McKinnon doesn't have a guarantee to play top grade. Besides Jake has been injured most of the year and we need an NRL standard fullback.

Is Mullaney contracted past this year?

Rumours I hear is that he is as good as gone for next year.

I heard that mullaney is abig chance of going to the dogs & that rumour has been around for a couple of months, has anyone else heard it?.

I'd be offering 2 years at most for McKinnon. Mullaney may not be ready right now, but he could be in 12 months time if he puts on some size.

its a hard 1 with Jake as i think he will become a good NRL player in the years to come but at the moment i would like to see him bulk up a little and maybe throw him in for wests or balmain in state cup to give him a feel of playing against older and bigger opposition. in saying that what do we do. do we not sign another fullback and hope he is up to it or risk losing him by signing Wade for 3 years. well to be honest i am not sure which is the better option. if we dont sign a fullback and Jake is found to be not ready i could see alot of posters on hear blowing up that we did not sign mckinnon. at times you cant win eother way.

2 years sounds fair unless he brings something else to the team like goal kicking..
Finally Molzten at 7 and he will be potent with his change in direction and pace.. Felt sorry for the kid always getting busted playing fullback and it appeared Tim Sheens got great pleasure in seening the kid get bumped around.Not everyone has the same courage as Brett Hodgson to play fullback , get tossed around and then be involved in the next play.I think wade will need to bulk up or get more upper body strength as the last couple of games he has really got hit hard.Having said that he knows how to look after himself and will getter better .

Great news if true,my take on this is TNT is no good,as Lote was going to play at the back,I hope this means Fitzy is gone and Moltz plays half,then I would be happy.

Thats great news if true.He really is looking the goods & i think there is better footy in him so that's awesome.
I hope that does not mean the end of Mulleney who is a superstar in the making.Someone has said there are rumours he is off to the dogs.I hear that they have made offers but i don't know what came out of it.
Hopefully he stays with us & we play him on the wing for a couple of seasons but to be honest i can't see him staying especially now that Patton is confirmed as gone from the dogs

Latest posts

Members online

Back