Membership Numbers 2024

Tigerton

Apparently at the season launch tonight Richo told everyone we only have 7,900 members so far this year.

Seems like the previous admin may have been fudging the numbers.

In any case we need as many people who are fans to become members and show support for the club and the changes made in the off season.

Join up peoples and support our club and this rebuild!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently at the season launch tonight Richo told everyone we only have 7,900 members so far this year.

In any case we need as many people who are fans to become members and show support for the club and the changes made in the off season.

My missus bought three pet memberships which I believe rollover. 🙄 They were 100% on the fudge.

That just doesn't sound right to me..
With all the changes to the club and have seen heaps of people saying they are back as members now it just seems too low.

Wonder if there is a way to get a true number

That just doesn't sound right to me..
With all the changes to the club and have seen heaps of people saying they are back as members now it just seems too low.

Wonder if there is a way to get a true number
Sounds much more realistic than 20,000 when we consistently only get 11,000-12,000 at home games.

Previous admin may have worked out how to sell “memberships” but what you actually got was some cheap merchandise and no real desire to watch your team play live.

Crowd numbers will be a truer indicator of fandom if we start competing.

if you build it they will come.
Full disclosure I am one of the few that was a member last year and isn’t this year (for now).
I usually get the Leichhardt membership but I’m finding the draw not exactly family friendly for me with a newborn and toddler especially at Leichhardt with only 2 outa 5 games played before dark.
With the change to the home grounds, although a positive it does make it difficult to commit knowing that attending a game is really up to how the family is feeling on the day.
I wish they would offer a flexible membership again of 4 or so games of your choice.

if you build it they will come.
Full disclosure I am one of the few that was a member last year and isn’t this year (for now).
I usually get the Leichhardt membership but I’m finding the draw not exactly family friendly for me with a newborn and toddler especially at Leichhardt with only 2 outa 5 games played before dark.
With the change to the home grounds, although a positive it does make it difficult to commit knowing that attending a game is really up to how the family is feeling on the day.
I wish they would offer a flexible membership again of 4 or so games of your choice.
A newborn and a toddler! What a time in your life mate, that's great

Yes we need a flexi option of 4, 6 and 8 games at CSS/LO... but that would see the popular Hugh drawing opponents/good time slot/good weather get high crowds and interstate teams/poor times get crap attendance... They don't want that
I'd get a membership with a flexi option of games I could choose... But for.now it'll be the occasional walk up wait see what the weather's like etc

Speaking about fudging numbers, I live overseas and will be in Sydney over Easter. I was looking at tickets to the Easter Monday game against Parramatta. Someone help me if I'm wrong, but from what I could see, in order to get tickets I have to sign up as a 1 game member of the Eels. How wrong is that?

Speaking about fudging numbers, I live overseas and will be in Sydney over Easter. I was looking at tickets to the Easter Monday game against Parramatta. Someone help me if I'm wrong, but from what I could see, in order to get tickets I have to sign up as a 1 game member of the Eels. How wrong is that?
I remember the talk of this last year... Wasn't aware it's still the case
What's the story? Parra members get priority and they have more members than the ground capacity?
Shod be made to take it to Homebush if that's the case and fans are being turned away.
Just another way of rotting membership numbers

I remember the talk of this last year... Wasn't aware it's still the case
What's the story? Parra members get priority and they have more members than the ground capacity?
Shod be made to take it to Homebush if that's the case and fans are being turned away.
Just another way of rotting membership numbers
1000045474.jpg

Think I'd rather find a nice pub to watch it in than be forced to become an Eels member. This is really poor form and the NRL shouldn't allow it.

View attachment 10451

Think I'd rather find a nice pub to watch it in than be forced to become an Eels member. This is really poor form and the NRL shouldn't allow it.
There was a bit of outrage about this a few years ago, Hastings field goal game. Fans here spewing they couldn't but a ticket but I got tickets easily when they went on sale to the public.

whatever the case, seems like a good time to renew after many years, plus i need a few more fridge magnets!

Sounds much more realistic than 20,000 when we consistently only get 11,000-12,000 at home games.

Previous admin may have worked out how to sell “memberships” but what you actually got was some cheap merchandise and no real desire to watch your team play live.

Crowd numbers will be a truer indicator of fandom if we start competing.

Not a real gauge,
I have a decent fully ticketed Membership and I'm lucky to get to 2 games a year.
I'm not alone...

Reactions: BZN
I joined as soon as the board were punted. I'd have thought thousands of others would do the same...

Plenty of people like to take the talk and no action route.

I haven't been a member since after the first year that we started playing at Parramatta, and having moved up the coast, doubt that I will again.

Not a real gauge,
I have a decent fully ticketed Membership and I'm lucky to get to 2 games a year.
I'm not alone...
And I have more animal members than people in my household and none of us have gone to many games the past 5 yrs so 20000 is full of shit.

Back