Mental Health Discussion

My step sister has only recently been diagnosed with butterfly cancer ...only has a few months to live ......

She's had a tough life ...she came off a motorbike at 17 and almost lost her leg ...broke her pelvis .....has the biggest asshole on the planet as a husband and dealt with the complications of her leg all of her life

Turns out her Dad's family (my step Dad ) I'm in a weird situation ...my parents and step parents literally switched over as a marriage when I was 8 ...go to Stradbroke Island camping with one set of parents come back with 2

But her Dad inherited a particular gene that makes their family far more likely to get cancer .....and they have all died or are dying from cancer ...My step dad made it 73 but the rest have been way younger .....if my step sister lives until April ...her and her brother will both pass at 58 years of age

Whole family doing it tough

My step sister has only recently been diagnosed with butterfly cancer ...only has a few months to live ......

She's had a tough life ...she came off a motorbike at 17 and almost lost her leg ...broke her pelvis .....has the biggest asshole on the planet as a husband and dealt with the complications of her leg all of her life

Turns out her Dad's family (my step Dad ) I'm in a weird situation ...my parents and step parents literally switched over as a marriage when I was 8 ...go to Stradbroke Island camping with one set of parents come back with 2

But her Dad inherited a particular gene that makes their family far more likely to get cancer .....and they have all died or are dying from cancer ...My step dad made it 73 but the rest have been way younger .....if my step sister lives until April ...her and her brother will both pass at 58 years of age

Sorry to hear that happy. Cancer is such a bastard of a disease.

Sorry to hear that happy. Cancer is such a bastard of a disease.
Thanks DP

My step sister doesn't deserve it ..she has had a hell of a life ....their property has no running water and no power and her DH husband won't let her move back to civilization ..it is hot as hell out there and if they run out of fuel ......don't get me started ......

Shit like this certainly questions my loyalty to the big marn upstairs .....

That is terrible,cancer is such a horrendous way to go.I am sure you will give her all the support you can do at this dreadfull time.

Thanks DP

My step sister doesn't deserve it ..she has had a hell of a life ....their property has no running water and no power and her DH husband won't let her move back to civilization ..it is hot as hell out there and if they run out of fuel ......don't get me started ......

Shit like this certainly questions my loyalty to the big marn upstairs .....

Sorry to hear that happy, terrible
news for your sister keep faith 🙏🏼

I hear your stories people and offer my deep concerns and moral support to all out there who may be suffering. Hang tough brothers and sisters.

I am about to enter my own program, giving up darts after 55 years. Am on my first 21mg/24 hr Nicobate patch. I know it’s only small potatoes compared to others suffering but I’m already up on my roof smelling smoke from a guy 2 doors down who’s having one now.
Things can only get better.
And for everyone can I please ask for someone to Google and post John Greenleaf Whittiers famous poem; First 2 lines.
“When things go wrong as they sometimes will, when the road you’re climbing is all up hill”
There will be something in there for all of us !
Best regards to all of you . Browney

Cracker poem Browney, keep going

"When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
And the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than it seems
To a faint and faltering man.
Often the struggler has given up when he
Might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems afar.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.
It's when things seem worst that
You musn’t quit.

- Edgar Guest, 1921

That is terrible,cancer is such a horrendous way to go.I am sure you will give her all the support you can do at this dreadfull time.
Mate unfortunately she would even remember if she saw me she has gone so downhill so quick ....this cancer is a brain cancer .......the only good thing ...if you can call it a good thing is that it is painless ......compared to many other types of cancer ...jus hoping she doesn't suffer any seizures .....

🙏🙏🙏

T
Cracker poem Browney, keep going

"When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
And the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than it seems
To a faint and faltering man.
Often the struggler has given up when he
Might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems afar.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.
It's when things seem worst that
You musn’t quit.

- Edgar Guest, 1921
Thanks Kaito, yes it’s a good un!
First heard about it through Wayne Bennett, seems it was a favourite of his at the Broncos and soon as I read it I liked it.

Never give up, never give up, never give up !!!!

Hope all those suffering ( and all those who are not) find some inspiration.

Watching someone you love pass from cancer is horrendous and I feel for you & send you strength. Life can be so very unfair and yes it certainly makes you question if there is someone upstairs or if they are paying attention. No doubt everyone wishes they could do more to help you but of course no one can. Just know that all your forum buddies are thinking of you and sending moral support. If you need to talk to someone just reach out to any of us, we are all here if you need to vent. Stay strong.

I feel ur pain , hope u have heaps of support from family and friends.
I got told two days before Xmas I had cancer , was the lowest feeling I have ever had , but my family and friends have been very supportive .
So sorry to hear that, I am glad you have a strong support network around you & remember your forum family are here if you ever need us.

I got told two days before Xmas I had cancer , was the lowest feeling I have ever had , but my family and friends have been very supportive .

That is shocking,i hope that it responds to treatment and you make a full recovery.i know it is hard but try to stay in a good frame of mind

Stay strong... Stay positive 💪
Gone thru this myself last year.. Liver cancer.. and first MRI post surgery on this thurs

I wish you all the best 🙏

Back