Meyer: cambo has once last chance

@Knuckles said:
@cochise said:
He doesn't say that the game broke even in that article. He states that the game made budget, the budget may have been that the game lost $20000\. If that was the case making budget means they didn't lose more than they expected to.

Quite so …. However the questions still remains, in my mind anyway, how did we make budget with only half the crowd that was forecast and merchandise sales without the two biggest sellers ... ie the main and alternate strip ? We must have sold a lot of caps, t-shirts and track suits !

I don't know mate, I'm not arguing in defense of Mayer. I'm just stating a possible meaning of what he said. Maybe they budgeted for lower sales based on those items being missing, though he does say they sold more than they have recently. I really don't know. I just wanted to point out that those stating we broke even at the game may be incorrect based on what he said.

We made budget because there was more than 6.4 k crowd at the game. Anybody who is a regular at CSS and was their will tell you that!

How can people still believe that the announced crowd figure was false.

it did look a bit more than 6.5k im not gonna lie…. but that's what they published so i guess we have to accept it.

but i dont think youll find anyone who said it was 13k+ which is what it needs to be for it to be financially sustainable for the club in the long run

I think it is very important to get the crowd numbers right… As a business, we need to know a few things of who makes up our customer base.

1\. How many customers came today?
2\. Where were they from? [postcode for non ticketed members]
3\. What was the average spend?

These are basic questions, but it identifies where we are, and where we are going…

Do we need to increase our gates by 5% [very realistic] or is the growth too far away to be a viable option[50%]?

@Sabre said:
How can people still believe that the announced crowd figure was false.

I was their Sabre and as a long time attendee of CSS I know the crowd was bigger. What I can't believe is how they got it wrong or why??. I'm not saying it was huge but there was at least 9k to 10k guaranteed!

@cochise said:
@Knuckles said:
@cochise said:
He doesn't say that the game broke even in that article. He states that the game made budget, the budget may have been that the game lost $20000\. If that was the case making budget means they didn't lose more than they expected to.

Quite so …. However the questions still remains, in my mind anyway, how did we make budget with only half the crowd that was forecast and merchandise sales without the two biggest sellers ... ie the main and alternate strip ? We must have sold a lot of caps, t-shirts and track suits !

I don't know mate, I'm not arguing in defense of Mayer. I'm just stating a possible meaning of what he said. Maybe they budgeted for lower sales based on those items being missing, though he does say they sold more than they have recently. _**I really don't know**_. I just wanted to point out that those stating we broke even at the game may be incorrect based on what he said.

All good mate …. That's the problem as members in that we never get a chance to ask these sort of questions. As a member of a club you normally get an opportunity to vote on various resolutions or ask questions on decisions the club has made or what the vision is for the future .... In our case we don't get that opportunity so we are always trying to interpret what they are doing.

@diedpretty said:
The only people who constantly whinge about poor crowds at Campbelltown are the inner city crowd. I'd like to know how many of the 16000 that braved the atrocious conditions at Leichhardt because they are the real supporters of the Tigers actually went to the Campbelltown game or for that matter have ever been to any game at Campbelltown.

As a number of people have misinterpreted my comment I thought I should follow up on what I was getting at. When I lived in Sydney I followed my team every week rain or shine and no matter where they played or where they were placed on the ladder. My original point was that how many of the 16000 that attended that game are truly WT supporters or are they more likely to be only Leichhardt Oval supporters. A glance at our membership numbers would support this. And I am not knocking the fact that nearly double our membership numbers attended the game. A lot of has to do with the aura that has been given to a game at Leichhardt on a Sunday. I bet half of that crowd only attends games at Leichhardt. I think we are overestimating the number of diehard fans we have - those who will travel to all games no matter our ladder position or weather.

I was involved in balmain Jnrs for a decade, lived in the area for longer, I still work in the district
I know dozens of people that fit your description diedpretty…

We have thousands of casual fans

Well Boonboon proudly admits to not driving all the way out here. So thats one supporter we know for sure that supports that argument.

@smeghead said:
That would be the excellent merchandise sales that helped them break even.

Don't let logic get in the way of your flat out dislike for a guy though mate. Why use logic when it is easier to push your own wagon.

Yes, it would be the merchandise because imagine if a CEO made a threat based on incorrect information.

I dont go to Cambo…..and Im not gonna apologise for it.

Surely there are enough people in the Macarthur to fill it up without having to rely on us basket weavers to top it up.

Why is it laughable…...Its a million miles away for me.

I go to the ANZ and Leichhardt games.....I am a member.

Easy to watch at home for nothing and not travel.....

But lets play the blame game.....its evill Annandale,magpie hating nazis boycotting Cambo that led to the 6k crowd......now thats laughable.

No, its laughable that people point the finger at others for not going when they don't go themselves. The moment you refuse to get off your arse and get out there, you give up your right to criticize others for not going.

If Leichhardt Oval got a bad crowd I sure as hell would not be blaming people of the Macarthur for not going.

And they would have every right to ask why it was such a poor crowd being tigers fans who go to their local ground.

@simonthetiger said:
If Leichhardt Oval got a bad crowd I sure as hell would not be blaming people of the Macarthur for not going.

And they would have every right to ask why it was such a poor crowd being tigers fans who go to their local ground.

No one area has the right to blame the other …come on guys it is the Weststigers fan base that is not attending certain games. We are all supporters of one club as no other entity exits in the NRL . This devise issue HAS to be addressed as soon as possible one ground..one supporter base ,the Weststigers are never going to go forward as long as this situation is left to fester and the new board should be monitoring this and some decisive action needs to be taken for next season.

Rubbish…....we are in a special situation,

Two...even three sets of supporters....its all well and good to say go to the game,but expecting peeps form the city to go to Cambo and vice versa is just plain unrealistic....

Its up to those specific areas to go to the games when on offer......

…....anyway. hope ANZ is a success tomorrow. Should be a ripper of a game. Will be so stoked if we win, with a depleted side.

@Tigerdon said:
…....anyway. hope ANZ is a success tomorrow. Should be a ripper of a game. Will be so stoked if we win, with a depleted side.

X2

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Back