Meyer: cambo has once last chance

@diedpretty said:
As a number of people have misinterpreted my comment I thought I should follow up on what I was getting at. When I lived in Sydney I followed my team every week rain or shine and no matter where they played or where they were placed on the ladder. My original point was that how many of the 16000 that attended that game are truly WT supporters or are they more likely to be only Leichhardt Oval supporters. A glance at our membership numbers would support this. And I am not knocking the fact that nearly double our membership numbers attended the game. A lot of has to do with the aura that has been given to a game at Leichhardt on a Sunday. I bet half of that crowd only attends games at Leichhardt. I think we are overestimating the number of diehard fans we have - those who will travel to all games no matter our ladder position or weather.

I don't think it's fair to call people casual fans because they can't attend all home matches or prefer one ground over another.

If I didn't have a young family, didn't have to work, and had endless cash reserves, I'd attend every single match every single year.

A few years ago I did attention it's matches, but I'm not in that situation anymore, so when I can attend a match and fork over my hard earned cash, it's usually a match that appeals to me more so than others.

Am I still a die-hard fan?? Bloody oath I am!

The club might be geographically split between the inner wear and south west, but our fan base isn't. We are from all over the place and I'd hazard a guess that most people on here don't live in either regions of the club.

So blaming "inner city" fans for Campbeltown's low crowd is as ludicrous as blaming Campbeltown fans for the corresponding match last year at Leichhardt when a similar low crowd was registered.

As I mentioned in my initial reply, our two home grounds cater to different tastes and different markets, so it's pointless comparing the two and apportioning blame to one set of fans over another, when the only issue should be making Campbeltown more appealing for everyone.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@simonthetiger said:
Rubbish…....we are in a special situation,

Two...even three sets of supporters....its all well and good to say go to the game,but expecting peeps form the city to go to Cambo and vice versa is just plain unrealistic....

Its up to those specific areas to go to the games when on offer......

One ground will sort this BS out

Hopefully its not too far away

We'll then see who's fair dinkum and who aint

@simonthetiger said:
Rubbish…....we are in a special situation,

Two...even three sets of supporters....its all well and good to say go to the game,but expecting peeps form the city to go to Cambo and vice versa is just plain unrealistic....

Its up to those specific areas to go to the games when on offer......

Isn't it the same team playing at all these venues ?I travel as many others travel to all 3 of our home grounds. A million miles? Actually 46 Kim's or 45-50 minute travel time from one extreme to another it's people like this and Baboon that split and divide our beloved club. Just watch in on tele and stop talking crap. You either support or you don't.

@Abraham said:
I don't think it's fair to call people casual fans because they can't attend all home matches or prefer one ground over another.

If I didn't have a young family, didn't have to work, and had endless cash reserves, I'd attend every single match every single year.

A few years ago I did attention it's matches, but I'm not in that situation anymore, so when I can attend a match and fork over my hard earned cash, it's usually a match that appeals to me more so than others.

Am I still a die-hard fan?? Bloody oath I am!

The club might be geographically split between the inner wear and south west, but our fan base isn't. We are from all over the place and I'd hazard a guess that most people on here don't live in either region

We all support WT in our own way, sure if you (or your family) can afford it and get to most home games, go ahead and buy the respective platinum package and purchase merchandise through their website or store as this is best way you can help the club.

I have little doubt that a reasonable number of posters on here are not members, some through circumstance, others by choice and that is their prerogative. Some would also call me a fair weather fan as I chose not to attend the last two games because of exactly that, albeit the wrong decision for Cambo as it cleared up for the game. But that is my family's choice, not yours or any others.

I will be going to the match this afternoon as circumstances allow us to attend and will cheering loudly for the team, just as others will be screaming at their, or the local pub's screen and supporting our WT in our own different ways. Together we are one.

On topic. Though I have only been there once before, if the conditions are anything other than wet, we will be at the next Cambo game to get the numbers up.

Nothing wrong with casual fans, I too am one myself - Ive never gone to all games

I do recall many people getting very upset when Mayer mentioned 'casual fans' in relation to memberships in a recent article somewhere…some took it the wrong way

I never really bought into the ''memberships'' thing when they really first started pushing them, I thought it was a bit elitist, but over time as the membership packages have improved, it suits me to become a member, its convenient, Ive got all my game tickets sorted before the season starts, one less thing to bother about...plus im supporting the club so its win/win afaics

i dont think we're alone with fans going to one home ground more than the other, pretty sure dragons have same issue.

Back