Michael Gordan

Sabre

Penrith are holding off talks with Michael Gordan, should we be talking to him? I know we dont really need a winger but we do need a goalkicker and he is the best in the comp. Im also sadly starting to doubt whether Tuiaki will be able to return to the wing and he may have to move to the forwards. what if our backline was like this next year:

1\. Mullaney / Mckinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Lawrence
4\. Daniella / Ayshford (I wouldn't mind Ayshford being utility if Taumata doesn't work out)
5\. Gordan
6\. Marshall

No thanks, I'd rather delve into either Wests or BRET and perhaps NYC.

@Sabre said:
Penrith are holding off talks with Michael Gordan, should we be talking to him. I know we dont really need a winger but we do need a goalkicker and he is the best in the comp. Im also sadly starting to doubt whether Tuiaki will be able to return to the wing and he may have to move to the forwards. what if our backline was like this next year:

1\. Mullaney / Mckinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Lawrence
4\. Daniella / Ayshford (I wouldn't mind Ayshford being utility if Taumata doesn't work out)
5\. Gordan
6\. Marshall

You dont think Beau Ryan has been competitive?

If Lui keeps growing, Id say you might have to find room for Tim Moltzen in the Centres also…

Would a great…we always complain about the goal kicking..this guy would definitely add 4 - 6 points per match on average. He is also a good winger. Though I like Beau, Michael would be a far greater asset in that position. There is no-one in the lower grades anywhere near his capability - if so would be playing first grade. Michale Gordon would be on the wing and goal kicker for virtually every other club in the competition. His caliber does not exist in the lower grades - in fact he is rare in FG. The top six mentioned about looks great to me - even the comments RE Ayshford. We will be losing players in the next few years. Question is which ones are we going to keep. Can't have them all.

@Tiger Watto said:
@Sabre said:
Penrith are holding off talks with Michael Gordan, should we be talking to him. I know we dont really need a winger but we do need a goalkicker and he is the best in the comp. Im also sadly starting to doubt whether Tuiaki will be able to return to the wing and he may have to move to the forwards. what if our backline was like this next year:

1\. Mullaney / Mckinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Lawrence
5\. Gordan
6\. Marshall

You dont think Beau Ryan has been competitive?

If Lui keeps growing, Id say you might have to find room for Tim Moltzen in the Centres also…

Its not that i dont think he hasn't been competitive i just think this backline is more skillful and faster. Also i wouldnt have Moltzen in the centres.

And there is nobody in reserves as good as Gordan because like Wildcat said, thats why they are reserves

Penrith have apparently withdrawn the offer they put to Gordon earlier in the year as they want Inglis bad. Cronulla have apparently shown interest in Gordon if Penrith do let him go. I can't find a place for him at the Tigers with the current crop of players they have.

A quality winger who kicks at better than 80%, we would be mad not to have a go. I just cant see us having to much cap space in 2011\. I think a lot will depend on Lawrence signing or not signing

Gordan is one of the deceptive players. He doesnt look like much but he's all qaulity.

If we didn't sign McKinnon I'd be up to it.

1\. Tuqiri/Ryan
2\. Other
3\. Daniela (Aysh as utility)
4\. Lawrence
5\. Gordon

would look the goods.

I'm happy with the situation though currently. Need more props instead outside backs however.

i mentioned gordon a few months back

penrith are clearing the stocks to sign GI…..i'd take gordon in a heart beat
\
\
i get the feeling the beau -----> melbourne rebels rumour has some substance

Back