Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you bother to watch the game and work out that the Storm made 70 more tackles than us because we were playing good footy and keeping pressure on them? Did you notice in the period you think we clocked off that we crossed the line twice and were unlucky not to score on both occasions, which could have won us the game. Sure we weren't perfect but we were better, good enough to compete with a team that hasn't lost in the first round for 10 years.
Noted the more tackles but the stats state 35. Possession 55% however
They have not lost now in 20 years and we’re ripe for the kill but we could not finish them off.
They competed I agree and it was a good game for 60 mins by us.
Still ? the coach and game management, Garner came into the game to late who can score points.

Gildart offers nothing, a defensive liability, also you do not go into a NRL season without a recognised goal kicker, it should have been at 20 -4
Hopefully Gildart can improve.

It's another year where we are going into the season with weak centres.

When will this club ever learn?
Gildart needs time in cup.
Jet ? He hasn't been good in years.

Hopefully Gildart can improve.

It's another year where we are going into the season with weak centres.

When will this club ever learn?
Gildart needs time in cup.
Jet ? He hasn't been good in years.
I think that Starford Toa is a hot chance to claim Roberts' centre position next week against his old club.

Gildart offers nothing, a defensive liability, also you do not go into a NRL season without a recognised goal kicker, it should have been at 20 -4

I reckon he has looked good the last trial and this game. He offers some strike out wide which we haven't had. I also think Roberts looked good.

To'a also looks good.

I wouldn't drop Gildart or Roberts now. It's way too reactive.

I reckon he has looked good the last trial and this game. He offers some strike out wide which we haven't had. I also think Roberts looked good.

To'a also looks good.

I wouldn't drop Gildart or Roberts now. It's way too reactive.

I'd say the defence on Oliver and Ken side is the biggest concern

The first 60 mins in which we conceded 3 very soft and preventable tries?

The first half was ok, but we had 68% possession. Any other team would have been up by 20 at that stage.

Our attack was poor, defence worse, fitness poor, coaching poor.

If your argument is that we can look solid when we have 68% possession then we're in deep deep trouble
Half the teams in the comp wouldn't manage a 20 point lead against Melbourne with one half of 2/3rds possession.

I'd say the defence on Oliver and Ken side is the biggest concern

It is right now but I don't have much confidence in Nofo and Roberts.

It's really hard to target a single player on an edge as being the problem though isn't it. I watched a little of Gildart in the ESL and he was a terrible defender. I haven't seen him make the same misses in the NRL as he did in the ESL but I assume it's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back