Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk mate, I don't see the point recruiting good juniors and players, when we don't have Sheens or a sheens style coach, coaching them.

Sheens has said many times he is not coaching and him and madge are different style of coaches.
I agree with you. We need Payten or Morris at WTs. Just my view and I'm sure TT and the remainder of Maguire's defenders will join us shortly.

These Murdoch types can't help themselves. I was hanging out with one, who has a link to the sport department, seemed like a good enough person. About 15 drinks in I started hammering their colleagues in the RL department. They defended them all as "good blokes". 20 minutes later started trying to sell me a subscription. Read the room dude. I think they actually believe their own crap or are on commission.
Wow 15 drinks 👏

These Murdoch types can't help themselves. I was hanging out with one, who has a link to the sport department, seemed like a good enough person. About 15 drinks in I started hammering their colleagues in the RL department. They defended them all as "good blokes". 20 minutes later started trying to sell me a subscription. Read the room dude. I think they actually believe their own crap or are on commission.
I think if you hang around that environment you would believe that crap too much. When all you hear is their made up Fudd.

A mate of mine had Mike Munro cover his Bikie wedding. Which was great as his gang turned up to the wedding and did their thing. Next month Mike Munro covers drugs in Bikie gangs, Yep guess where he gets the footage for that...... The wedding (Which had Zero to do with it).

Murdoch=manipulation. They don't care that the Tigers have a strong heart in Sydney. They want us to move to WA or NT or PNG or just close up shop entirely. Meanwhile Easts and Sharks get sponsored as more viable teams.

I agree with you. We need Payten or Morris at WTs. Just my view and I'm sure TT and the remainder of Maguire's defenders will join us shortly.
Hang on Paws,you may need Payton and Morris at the WTs,maybe others such as myself can understand that Madge has had a plan to CHANGE the culture and the way the team plays football ever since coming here...we were scintillating in attack BUT our defense was woeful,now we have a team of fringe fgers going out each week performing for 80 mins and sticking to a plan that Madge has formulated for them with 1/2 the NRL side on the injured list...thats an outstanding effort even under defeat...
Once we can field the top 17 fully fit we will see the wins start coming...every excuse under the sun has been thrown at Madge so the club gets rid of him,but he has the teams backing and he backs them no end...
My view has always been that Madge should be given the opportunity to show his worth as an NRL coach to the WTs club,he had salary cap problems,he had Clearys recruits on big money with bugger all input and some ordinary players as well..
He should be given next year without any bias from members and fans to mould this group of experienced players and a lot of youth into a finals team...after that I hope the WTs whoever puts in to coach, has as much loyalty and drive as what Madge has given during his tenure.....cheers...

We’re you with Buzz?

Hang on Paws,you may need Payton and Morris at the WTs,maybe others such as myself can understand that Madge has had a plan to CHANGE the culture and the way the team plays football ever since coming here...we were scintillating in attack BUT our defense was woeful,now we have a team of fringe fgers going out each week performing for 80 mins and sticking to a plan that Madge has formulated for them with 1/2 the NRL side on the injured list...thats an outstanding effort even under defeat...
Once we can field the top 17 fully fit we will see the wins start coming...every excuse under the sun has been thrown at Madge so the club gets rid of him,but he has the teams backing and he backs them no end...
My view has always been that Madge should be given the opportunity to show his worth as an NRL coach to the WTs club,he had salary cap problems,he had Clearys recruits on big money with bugger all input and some ordinary players as well..
He should be given next year without any bias from members and fans to mould this group of experienced players and a lot of youth into a finals team...after that I hope the WTs whoever puts in to coach, has as much loyalty and drive as what Madge has given during his tenure.....cheers...
TT, you have your view which I won't change. Similarly, my view won't change that Maguire was never a good fit for WTs. It is not personal, but his style does not suit WTs. On the day he signed (which is the only tip I ever had), the person who told me who was involved with an NRL club and is someone I highly regard said he is not the style of coach for WTs. That has proven to be correct as I knew it would be because his opinion is valued.

TT, you have your view which I won't change. Similarly, my view won't change that Maguire was never a good fit for WTs. It is not personal, but his style does not suit WTs. On the day he signed (which is the only tip I ever had), the person who told me who was involved with an NRL club and is someone I highly regard said he is not the style of coach for WTs. That has proven to be correct as I knew it would be because his opinion is valued.

Yep your view of madge has been consistent for the start.

Keep on gnawing at that bone if it keeps you happy but the majority of us supporters don't agree with you.We have had more than a few polls on it and you are in the noisy minority but the most important thing is the club has faith in Madge

Thing is Paws after Sheens left nobody seemed to be the fit for WTs ....
Taylor gone,Potter gone, and Cleary seen what the place was about and dumped us to coach his son....At least Madge has made the effort to change the culture in the place and has stuck by his intentions...the other thing where you say Madge isnt the fit for us,is this scenario where we are an exciting team that lights the place up but have woeful defensive deficiencies....thats good if you have those type of players and Sheens with his style back then,however times and the game change,unfortunately some people cant see that....

Keep on gnawing at that bone if it keeps you happy but the majority of us supporters don't agree with you.We have had more than a few polls on it and you are in the noisy minority but the most important thing is the club has faith in Madge
My view is not formed by opinon polls or the majority of supporters on this forum. I respect the opinions of those with differing views, realise I will not change them, but submit my post because this is a two way sounding board.

Thing is Paws after Sheens left nobody seemed to be the fit for WTs ....
Taylor gone,Potter gone, and Cleary seen what the place was about and dumped us to coach his son....At least Madge has made the effort to change the culture in the place and has stuck by his intentions...the other thing where you say Madge isnt the fit for us,is this scenario where we are an exciting team that lights the place up but have woeful defensive deficiencies....thats good if you have those type of players and Sheens with his style back then,however times and the game change,unfortunately some people cant see that....
I don't disagree that Maguire is passionate about what he does and is a good bloke from what I read. There is no argument from me about his effort and I'd suggest he would be a great fit at the Bulldogs with his qualities.

The club could re-sign him now if they wanted to, I think the club have faith in him this year but end of season who knows...

I don't disagree that Maguire is passionate about what he does and is a good bloke from what I read. There is no argument from me about his effort and I'd suggest he would be a great fit at the Bulldogs with his qualities.

It appears Sheens disagrees with your assessment. He went to great lengths this week to explain a major issue at the club has been knifing coaches too quickly. Sheens is a massive supporter of Madge and is not known to change his opinion very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back