Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last four games over 30 points scored against us each game and 22 by the wooden spooners. And an almost full squad back, what have the Madge lovers got in their excuses jar?????

I don't blame Madge for that loss. I'd still retain him until the end of his contract.

It's not really an excuse. We need to improve. Losing all the time sucks.

I Like Madge and want him to stay but I just have a gut feeling he is gone very soon.. The club will want to get the right coach before other clubs take the good ones. I started to get believe we were building something and yet again we fall over on our faces..

I Like Madge and want him to stay but I just have a gut feeling he is gone very soon.. The club will want to get the right coach before other clubs take the good ones. I started to get believe we were building something and yet again we fall over on our faces..
I honestly believe that is what is happening. Feel a 2017 reoccurrence reoccurring again. Though I’m not sure who is the Ivan Cleary this time around. Maybe it is Flanagan. Whilst we suck balls as a team we’d be stupid not to replace a premiership winner with another premiership winner. I guess Flanno was the fourth last coach to win one and is the only one not tied to a club.

Really unsure. I mean if we sack him its because the ref missed a fair try v Warriors and we lost to a freak try to titans without most of our best players in both. We win those and its an unconvicing 10 points on the ladder but he isnt going anywhere and i dont think a different coach wins those games with the team we had any more then Madge

HS - Even though I am not a Madge supporter, I sure wanted him to do well and saw some hope this year. I would like to see us get a new coach now, rather than wait any longer.

I don't blame Madge for that loss. I'd still retain him until the end of his contract.

It's not really an excuse. We need to improve. Losing all the time sucks.
Sorry I’m a bit confused don’t blame him, not an excuse,need to improve. Yet you seem to be happy to continue down the same path. Maguire needs to go at the end of the season if not sooner

Really unsure. I mean if we sack him its because the ref missed a fair try v Warriors and we lost to a freak try to titans without most of our best players in both. We win those and its an unconvicing 10 points on the ladder but he isnt going anywhere and i dont think a different coach wins those games with the team we had any more then Madge
I think your wrong but like you it’s just an opinion

@pawsandclaws1 you want Madge sacked so bad but stand by Brooks

You come across as a wise poster but surely you can see its not just the coach that needs to go...

Madge isn't the only reason for years of failure.
Brooks is one of our better players. He is not perfect but I'd suggest he'd be one of the first players picked by a new coach.

You come across as a wise poster but surely you can see its not just the coach that needs to go...

It’s a JT / Farah scenario for mine. Both needed to go at that particular time of our history. That history is repeating.

Well then why doesn't Madge drop Brooks to Reserves starting form the next match and maybe continuosly. He (Madge) is responsible for rotting this club. No wonder the club is getting so many knock backs from player approached by the club. you don't have to realis that these players being approached don't want to play for a club coached by Madge.

It depends on the vision and plan. Sheens doesn't react to outside noise.
Sheens has mentioned a 3yr plan, he was also very very open about expectations this year. They didn't set a target on wins and loses for this season it was about the teams performance improving. Changing our structures and setting ourseleves for the next few years. He also said the aim is by year 3 we challenge for the title.

To me this indicates if the team as they are show signs of improvement and we manage to improve the quality in the side which is somewhat happening next year (Api/Papa heck even Naden) then next year will be the year Madge gets judged on W/L not this year.

The team didn't gel in the opening rounds & I have no doubts Madge was in serious trouble, the wins against the Eels and Souths showed something and since then we have been somewhat up and down during games which losing a fullback, wingers, halves, centers, backrowers and hookers & most teams would be.

I think Madge is safe this year if the team continue to hold tight in defence & do improve the attack with some key players due to come back in the backend of the season. If they slip & regress to the early part of the season he will be gone.
We've slipped and regressed to 15th, the same pattern since he's been here. I don't see how he's worthy of a 5th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back