Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely disappointing time for any "Madge Sacking Articles"

For starters, people forget Tigers are missing several key players and are still busting their asses every week. Since the arrival of Cayless, defence has improved immensely in which needs to be applauded, and not leaking huge amounts of points, they've gone 3-3 after the first 5 rounds. Especially after some big wins against the Eels & Rabbitohs, things are looking brighter and Madge has worked hard to make that happen. Tossing it away is like saying a big f you.

No way any other team would keep winning games with the number of injuries Tigers have had. I understand Madge has been at the club 4 years and is running out of time but this is the absolute best we have looked in 11 years, throwing it all away now and start again would be very dumb imo.

The club has lured some pretty big guns next year. I'd give Madge 2023 and see how things turn out from there imo.

You'd forget it pretty quickly if we strung > two wins together.

No offence two other coaches thought he was a halfback as well.
Non taken,
No offence two other coaches thought he was a halfback as well.
either way he was the one spouting ‘its his team’ over and over again! Putting more pressure on a guy who’s not the sharpest...
Not great coaching by any measure, you wouldn’t see Bennett doin the same. Only taking the pressure off, that’s the difference

I think it makes 0 sense to sack Madge now. Stability there is a good thing for attracting players and the perception of the club is improving by staying loyal to him. If his results continue to suck next year, it's a different story.
This is why he should go. Sheens, the two assistants and the remainder of the organisation is in place. The impact would be similar to a ripple in the Pacific Ocean.

I find this interesting by Brent Read as I find him quite reliable most of the time
I hope this is not the caseView attachment 1149
What a load of baloney.

So the "timing is impeccable" that Bulldogs have sacked their coach after some 11 rounds, as if mid-season is ever a good time to sack a coach.

And the timing is impeccable only if Bulldogs specifically want to hire Michael Maguire, on the chance Tigers sack Maguire also mid-season. If they don't want Maguire, Bulldogs are up the creek because there are hee-haw quality coaches available.

And then even worse - to assume Bulldogs will want to sign Maguire after he gets the sack at Tigers, who are barely doing better than last. The best option for the bottom-ranked side is to pick up the sacked coach of the third-last side?

What a waste of ink.

Madge is under contract next year. Give him a crack with a better side. If it doesn’t work out we should be able to improve the roster again. Now is not the time to be in the market for a coach talent is weak and we are not very attractive.

Would be ludicrous to sack Madge if we lose to the bunnies this weekend. We have some very winnable games after the bye and with some players back from injury.

Not only do i believe he should be the coach for this season, i think he should see out his contract for 2023 and be judged then (hopefully after we win the comp ;).

Would be ludicrous to sack Madge if we lose to the bunnies this weekend. We have some very winnable games after the bye and with some players back from injury.

Not only do i believe he should be the coach for this season, i think he should see out his contract for 2023 and be judged then (hopefully after we win the comp ;).
Media nonsense.

Things are falling into place for the Tigers. They just love trashing us.

As @batboy said...

Toa, Naden, Api, Papalii.. all in the last 6 months.
Plus releasing Tommy - underperformer.

Few more adjustments and some returning injured players and we're competitive.

We gotta deliver on the field though.
The next few games are must wins and realistically possible.

Shut these fools up, I reckon.

Madge is under contract next year. Give him a crack with a better side. If it doesn’t work out we should be able to improve the roster again. Now is not the time to be in the market for a coach talent is weak and we are not

Wonder if the assistants would be retained or promoted if madge goes, the assistants seem to have a good rapport with the players.

Guess you have to look at coaching staff as a whole

Reactions: BZN
Wonder if the assistants would be retained or promoted if madge goes, the assistants seem to have a good rapport with the players.

Guess you have to look at coaching staff as a whole
It’s a lesson the club has to pay good money for quality assistants. The good clubs always do this. We have to make sure our operation has quality people so the coach doesn’t make or break the team.
It was obvious the club was expecting too much of Madge and he’s probably motivated enough to try doing everything himself. Never works.

Barrett now gone no more drama there atm, is it really any surprise that they have resorted back to Maguire? Holbrook with a much more talented roster they skim over cause no one much cares. The Wests Tigers however a whole different level of interest.

It’s a lesson the club has to pay good money for quality assistants. The good clubs always do this. We have to make sure our operation has quality people so the coach doesn’t make or break the team.
It was obvious the club was expecting too much of Madge and he’s probably motivated enough to try doing everything himself. Never works.

Honestly, I think madge prefers total control which backfired on him.

I don't see what the point would be in sacking Madge mid season would provide/deliver unless their was a clear candidate coach ready to jump right in.

Reactions: BZN
Sheens and co believe that making the 8 must be feasible at the midpoint of season that is 5 wins by Rd 13 .If we are not at that point then its likely another year gone making 10 straight and 4 under madge . We need 2 wins out of south's, manly and dogs or changes might happen ,This is NRL 360 view

If you were going to sack Madge, last year would have been the correct timing. After his 3rd year of failure with results declining year on year and copping a 38 to blot drubbing by the spoon winners to finish the year out…that was the correct time to load the gun.

Sacking him this year, when all of our good players have been missing at some point…all for more than 2 weeks each and with some not even appearing at all yet, that would be knee jerk BS.
Its not a fair go to sack a bloke when he hasn’t been able to field competitive teams most weeks.

The media are driving this - they won't let it go. No one rates his squad yet they say he is under pressure and then make excuses for why South's are losing games - re missing quality players!

Too many sources are saying it's club too.

we’re only 2 wins out the 8 with half a season still remaining
Players coming back plus the newbies & a reasonable draw
Me thinks we’ll break the 10 year drought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back