Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were many opportunities to sack him, most notably in the last off season. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but deciding to move on in this current period would be a really stupid idea.
Besides some poor results it’s the best we have looked during Madge’s tenure. If we were close to full strength all season with these results I’d maybe agree with releasing him at the end of season, but if we continue to improve as players return I definitely want him coaching next year

Finally we have close to full strength side v south sydney .hopefully no more injuries to finish season.
So it's up to Madge now to see if he keeps his position

In Buzz’s perfect world, we get Flanagan and Madge goes to Bulldogs. I think Madge is the much better coach.
Yes Madge is the best, only took him like 3 years to work out that brooks doesn’t have the brain to be a controlling half.
I only needed one post game interview to pick that one up...

Extremely disappointing time for any "Madge Sacking Articles"

For starters, people forget Tigers are missing several key players and are still busting their asses every week. Since the arrival of Cayless, defence has improved immensely in which needs to be applauded, and not leaking huge amounts of points, they've gone 3-3 after the first 5 rounds. Especially after some big wins against the Eels & Rabbitohs, things are looking brighter and Madge has worked hard to make that happen. Tossing it away is like saying a big f you.

No way any other team would keep winning games with the number of injuries Tigers have had. I understand Madge has been at the club 4 years and is running out of time but this is the absolute best we have looked in 11 years, throwing it all away now and start again would be very dumb imo.

The club has lured some pretty big guns next year. I'd give Madge 2023 and see how things turn out from there imo.

Yes Madge is the best, only took him like 3 years to work out that brooks doesn’t have the brain to be a controlling half.
I only needed one post game interview to pick that one up...
No offence two other coaches thought he was a halfback as well.

Extremely disappointing time for any "Madge Sacking Articles"

For starters, people forget Tigers are missing several key players and are still busting their asses every week. Since the arrival of Cayless, defence has improved immensely in which needs to be applauded, and not leaking huge amounts of points, they've gone 3-3 after the first 5 rounds. Especially after some big wins against the Eels & Rabbitohs, things are looking brighter and Madge has worked hard to make that happen. Tossing it away is like saying a big f you.

No way any other team would keep winning games with the number of injuries Tigers have had. I understand Madge has been at the club 4 years and is running out of time but this is the absolute best we have looked in 11 years, throwing it all away now and start again would be very dumb imo.

The club has lured some pretty big guns next year. I'd give Madge 2023 and see how things turn out from there imo.
I agree. All these media types speaking about the ladder position has no idea we have had the biggest injury list of all teams.

Sign Madge again with certain KPIs.
Top 8 next year would be my aim and if he doesn't get there we will get a new coach.

I think it makes 0 sense to sack Madge now. Stability there is a good thing for attracting players and the perception of the club is improving by staying loyal to him. If his results continue to suck next year, it's a different story.

Read say's there's "Every Chance" WT's will review the coach over the bye...

What a load of crap... He doesn't even say that we ARE reviewing the coaching situation.... Just that there's a chance we will.
If we beat souffs we are probably 2 pts outside the eight after the bye and about par based on our roster. Lose and we’re probably 15th and season over. It’s an easy conclusion to draw. Cut throat industry!

Might as well get our moneys worth for next year. If he fails against then it on him one thing I'll give him credit for is he has always tried his best and wears his heart on his sleeve.
It truly is his roster next year when we stop paying Mumbai

Reactions: BZN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back