Michael Maguire should be our new coach

@don_kershane said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467225) said:
The Tigers being trailblazers with their own TV show should hire a female coach.

😂😂
Love it

@don_kershane said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467225) said:
The Tigers being trailblazers with their own TV show should hire a female coach.

Ruarn Sims.

With Tariq Sims as a player.

2 for 1 deal.

@hobbo1 approves.

@demps said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467298) said:

Ruarn Sims.

2 for 1 deal.

@hobbo1 approves.

She’d conjure up a mad feed .. I’m in !

@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466955) said:
@cochise said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466952) said:
@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466948) said:
Is Laurie Daley not getting a mention because of his tenure with the blues? He was up against arguably the best origin side ever. Wasn't he penciled in with us for a job as a halves coach a few years back? Sheen's connection.

Not getting a mention because he isn't rated.

Yeah that's my point, how are we rating people like John Morris higher then Laurie Daley?

Because Morris actually has NRL coaching experience?

In hindsight, starting this thread before the Bulldogs game probably wasn't a great idea.

@demps said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467298) said:

Ruarn Sims.

2 for 1 deal.

@hobbo1 approves.

Ruan would smash our blokes and Tariq as well for that matter.

@tiger5150 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467308) said:
Is Laurie Daley not getting a mention because of his tenure with the blues? He was up against arguably the best origin side ever. Wasn't he penciled in with us for a job as a halves coach a few years back? Sheen's connection.

Yeah that's my point, how are we rating people like John Morris higher then Laurie Daley?

Yeah, GNR4LIFE pointed that out to me. I should have mentioned the rest of the coaches whose names are being mentioned as to not seem as though I was singling out Morris. Ciraldo hasn't been a head coach at any level yet he's at the top of a lot of peoples list, including mine.
I was generally just curious as to why Laurie Daley seems to have been written off as a coach.

I think there would be little chance of Ciraldo coming here because he would see it as coaching career suicide, and a lot of people believe that Daley is clueless after his lack of success at State of Origin Level.

I'm surprised Robbie Farah hasn't been suggested as coaching material a bit more often, and before anyone goes off, I'm not suggesting that Robbie should be the coach and realize that he can be a very divisive figure, particularly on this forum.

@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467566) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467308) said:

Yeah, GNR4LIFE pointed that out to me. I should have mentioned the rest of the coaches whose names are being mentioned as to not seem as though I was singling out Morris. Ciraldo hasn't been a head coach at any level yet he's at the top of a lot of peoples list, including mine.
I was generally just curious as to why Laurie Daley seems to have been written off as a coach.

Ciraldo was the Italian national team coach.
Not judging that achievement just providing the information.

Benji Marshall also backing Benny Elias & saying Tim Sheens should be coach but Madge is still safe for now but not guaranteed

You don’t even know that Daley is even interested in a NRL coaching role. At least with Ciraldo, he has runs on the board, implementing systems as an assistant coach. Daley has coached NSW, but at that level it’s more about being a man manager than an actual coach.

@tiger-woods said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467794) said:
Benji Marshall also backing Benny Elias & saying Tim Sheens should be coach but Madge is still safe for now but not guaranteed

That is very hypocritical of Benji considering that i have heard that he was the main player trying to remove Sheens,Farah got the majority of the flak but it was mainly Benji

@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1462463) said:
Let's look at the basket case Broncos. They run last, lose Fifita and TPJ, yet at the end of this season you'd have to be a fully paid up Madge cult member to not admit they currently are playing decent footy and unlike us have something to build on.
They HAVE attracted a couple of big names and are more likely than not to be playing finals footy next year.
It doesn't take a mythical 10 year plan apparently.

If I can be honest - this is a poor argument, using predictions as evidence.

Broncos have done nothing in 2022. They may not play finals football. They may not finish higher than Tigers. They haven't managed that for 2 seasons. Your prediction of an improvement is meaningless in the context of an analysis, because anyone else can just predict the opposite without thought or effort.

I'm not even disagreeing that Broncos aren't a good chance to improve in 2022 (it would be hard to do any worse).

As it stands, Broncos have done nothing better than Tigers in two seasons, except, arguably, in recruitment. I'd be shocked if Broncos ever did worse than Tigers in recruitment, given they are a one-team town and still have very large financial clout.

But it also cannot be denied or ignored that Michael Maguire is 3 and 0 against Broncos during his tenure. So the irony is, by way of comparison against Broncos, Tigers have only ever beaten Brisbane 8 times 30 attempts and Madge owns 3 of those 8.

@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467802) said:

You don’t even know that Daley is even interested in a NRL coaching role. At least with Ciraldo, he has runs on the board, implementing systems as an assistant coach. Daley has coached NSW, but at that level it’s more about being a man manager than an actual coach.

Were all hoping for Ciraldo but if we're being realistic, there's zero chance he's comes to the Tigers. I'm not trying to argue for Laurie over Ciraldo or Morris, and he may not be interested in an NRL coaching gig but I just thought it was weird he hasn't been mentioned considering he has coached at some capacity, was nearly here as a halves coach and has a connection with Sheens.

I'm personally rooting for Ciraldo but I honestly don't think we're a chance and worried we’ll end up with a Paul Green or something.

4 more years.... 4 MORE YEARS

Nah, seriously. Give madge another year. He has the backing of the players and Sheens can help out with some of the coaching strategies.

A lot of the missed acquisitions seem like bad luck. I would suggest if anyone, that Hartigan might be at fault for not realizing that paying overs for the 1st key player was needed to attract others.

I'm actually starting to think that maybe moving to cambo, into the growth area, for the majority of games needs to be our positive light. I'm just not sure of the financial impact of that though given the lack of incentives and crowd figures. We may need Ashfield to chip in the shortfall so we can keep the same levels of caoching staff.

@hammertime said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467949) said:
He has the backing of the players

Are you sure about that? Looking at the way they play I wouldn't have thought that to be true

@avocadoontoast said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467951) said:
@hammertime said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467949) said:

Are you sure about that? Looking at the way they play I wouldn't have thought that to be true

There is an article out with Luciano, Harry G and Tamou giving their support. Plus Robbie (who hardly liked any coaches). Good representation.

@hammertime said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467952) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467951) said:

There is an article out with Luciano, Harry G and Tamou giving their support. Plus Robbie (who hardly liked any coaches). Good representation.

That's 2 current WT players out of 30 who are publicly supporting him, both of whom should have been dropped for their terrible form.

@hammertime said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467952) said:

Well he employed Robbie this year. The next coach may not.

@jadtiger said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467819) said:
@tiger-woods said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467794) said:

That is very hypocritical of Benji considering that i have heard that he was the main player trying to remove Sheens,Farah got the majority of the flak but it was mainly Benji

Benji is just trying to exact some revenge on Madge, for him being perceived as the instigator of him not being re-signed, imo.

Back