Must win game v Broncos??

innsaneink

Is next Fridays game a "must win" game?

As I mentioned in another thread, a win against the Broncos will see us solidly in 3rd
One of either the Dragons (1st) or Penrith (2nd) will lose which with a win to us would put us closer to the top

A loss however to the Broncos sees them move to 20 points and jump us on f/a
The byes to Souths -18 Gold coast- 18 and manly - 18 would also see all them jump us on f/a
A win to the Roosters would likely see them pass us too.

Which could see us in 9th - and a familiar spot - in 5 nights time…

So....is this one a must win?

I definately see this as a must win match. I think if we loose it, it will be yet another one of those matches were we look back and say if only we had won that. Brisbane will have Lockyer, Thaiday and Falou out also so we really should win.

The Tigers need to strike with the Broncos missing Lockyer, Thaiday, Folau and possibly Yow Yeh or Teo (both have been named as 18th man in game 1 and 2 for Qld). That's their key playmaker, key workhorse forward and backline strike weapon missing. The Tigers have a full week to prepare and from the sounds of it, may not anyone to Origin, if that's the case, there is no excuse if they get beaten. With homes games against the Titans and Cowboys to follow, they need to get back in the winners list and build some momentum. They just need to work on a few of the basics which let them down against the Dragons and they're right in it.

In light of this is it wrong then to hope that Robbie and both Chris H and L do not get called up for origin duty

Nothing is a "must" win yet, but I think this is as good a gauge on whether we actually deserve to be the finals or not. Win this and we're looking more and more likely as a finals team, or at least one who puts the games they should win to bed. This is definitely a game where we shouldn't drop the points, put it that way.

i really think so, with the huge line up of matches coming up that we could lose, manly, penrith, melbourne etc we need to put away the games we can/should win. i hope the boys come out and show everyone why they are 3rd!

It will be sad to see us drop to 8th/9th if we lose.

lol i get slammed for saying the dragons game was a must win then you produce this? well like 98% of the people in my thread said…if the dragons game wasnt a must win why is this one? infact most deluded people on here will say that no game is a must win unless its for us to make a finals spot.

bottom line is you take these must win games out of the equasion by winning games like last week......

yes its a must win realistically we are in 7th spot now so yes its a must win just like the dragons game was

@ron burgandy said:
lol i get slammed for saying the dragons game was a must win then you produce this? well like 98% of the people in my thread said…if the dragons game wasnt a must win why is this one? infact most deluded people on here will say that no game is a must win unless its for us to make a finals spot.

bottom line is you take these must win games out of the equasion by winning games like last week......

yes its a must win realistically we are in 7th spot now so yes its a must win just like the dragons game was

Exactly. Put it this way… if we didn't have our second bye until round 18 like Brisbane and Dragons then we would be in 7th position and I think everybody would agree it would be a must win game. I think our second bye is giving us a false indication at where we actually are. Currently we have beaten one top eight side (Manly) and have lost to four (Dragons, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Roosters x2).

The Manly game wasn't all too convincing either, so really if you think about it all we have really done this year is beat sides which we should beat... which in the past we haven't been able to do.

It's time to step up Tigers - the next two games against the Broncos and Titans are vital. They are going to defy our season imo!

so if robbie is ruled out for the broncos match with an injury to the ankle and the halfback issue still unsolved, whats the solution, fitzy in the number 9 or fulton if he's fit, then benji to half again and whos playing 5/8 ? its going to be another big week of watching the news for positions and injuries.

hope it all works for the tigers though

@innsaneink said:
Is next Fridays game a "must win" game?

As I mentioned in another thread, a win against the Broncos will see us solidly in 3rd
One of either the Dragons (1st) or Penrith (2nd) will lose which with a win to us would put us closer to the top

A loss however to the Broncos sees them move to 20 points and jump us on f/a
The byes to Souths -18 Gold coast- 18 and manly - 18 would also see all them jump us on f/a
A win to the Roosters would likely see them pass us too.

Which could see us in 9th - and a familiar spot - in 5 nights time…

So....is this one a must win?

Yes. Ive been waiting all year for this and will be totally gutted if we blow this chance to roll the cocky ponies in there own backyard.

Also as you say this one loss could see us drop all the way to the fringe of the 8\. Its a bye round and we need it.

We wont win every home game and this is an away game we have a real chance in as i think the broncs at full strength would flog us at the moment.

:sign:

Can the Wests Tigers make the semifinals without winning this game? Yes. Therefore, it is not a "must win" game.

Not really a must win. Unfortunatly I think the Tigers will again experience 8th-9th poistion before long. But if so I also think they can bounce back.

@Cultured Bogan said:
I would consider every game to be a must win game.

So what happens if you happen to lose a "must win" game? Putting too much pressure on individual games is dangerous, in my opinion.

I think it is, I'd be concerned about the Tigers getting into a losing streak again if we drop this game

This is an important game when you start looking at the draw. I'm pretty confident after last week, we will get the Broncos. Brisbane have been winning games over the past month on the back of DL, Thaiday & Falou, but have been doing so without too much intinsity. Our intensity will be far superior against Brisbane, and with a full-strength team (Lui being fit), we could do some damage to them…

I'm tipping Tigers by 18!!!

i agree if we are contenders then this is a must win game. i know if we lose we can still make the finals but in all honesty if we cant beat the broncs without their best 3 players then we have no chance of taking out the comp. we cant afford to drop 2 games in a row at this stage of the season. Sheens must have the boys fully primed fot this game and we have a week to prepare so no exuses. carn the tiges

Except of course in the unlikely scenario that Lui is still unfit and Heighno & Farah get picked for the Blues.

I think if that happens it becomes a whole new ballgame

Back