Next Player To Debut for Tigers?

Talau and Seyfarth’s athletic profiles aren’t good enough for them to ever be average first graders IMO. The jury is still out on Simpkin, happy to give him a couple more years to develop as it’s tough for a young (and small) bloke to play in the middle. Mikaele and AJ Kepoa are athletic enough, but maybe lacked motivation, skill, IQ, and, dare I say it, good coaching?

Remember, just because you are a great athlete doesn’t mean you’ll be a great rugby league player. But almost all great rugby league players are great athletes.

Talau and Seyfarth’s athletic profiles aren’t good enough for them to ever be average first graders IMO. The jury is still out on Simpkin, happy to give him a couple more years to develop as it’s tough for a young (and small) bloke to play in the middle. Mikaele and AJ Kepoa are athletic enough, but maybe lacked motivation, skill, IQ, and, dare I say it, good coaching?

Remember, just because you are a great athlete doesn’t mean you’ll be a great rugby league player. But almost all great rugby league players are great athletes.
Where there’s a will there’s a way. Toovey looked like a jockey, Cam Smith an accountant. Don’t underestimate smarts.

Where there’s a will there’s a way. Toovey looked like a jockey, Cam Smith an accountant. Don’t underestimate smarts.
I agree smarts can make a difference. But the two players you’ve named played halves and hooker. IMO they are the only positions in the modern game where you can get by with little to no athleticism (Hastings for example). There’s an argument for a Twal type as well, a big guy with a big motor who can play big minutes but is not explosive.

I agree smarts can make a difference. But the two players you’ve named played halves and hooker. IMO they are the only positions in the modern game where you can get by with little to no athleticism (Hastings for example). There’s an argument for a Twal type as well, a big guy with a big motor who can play big minutes but is not explosive.
Yep, the piggy riddells are no more unfortunately 🤣

Weight of expectation is killing these guys. Talau for example would shine in the Storm set up because he’d be a handy young player surrounded by winners. When they come into a losing WT team and have to be instantly impactful, it’s bound to fail. Need to cherry pick these senior players Sheens speaks of. Good luck to Pole, but don’t expect too much.

Did the same thing last time out mate, People can blame the Coach - Pascoe anyone they like.... We bought in a heap of kids and gave them the keys to the side with full autonomy.
Brooks, Simona, Sironen, Tedesco, Moses... Even Woods to an extent.
There was 1 old fella to bring through a whole side - Whos' communication isn't the best.

Was never going to work.

Did the same thing last time out mate, People can blame the Coach - Pascoe anyone they like.... We bought in a heap of kids and gave them the keys to the side with full autonomy.
Brooks, Simona, Sironen, Tedesco, Moses... Even Woods to an extent.
There was 1 old fella to bring through a whole side - Whos' communication isn't the best.

Was never going to work.
100%. At any level of footy the guys 25 plus have to drive the culture. You are still on your training wheels 3 years in.

I'm really reluctant in bringing tupou back in

He is developing in leaps and bounds at fb on reggies, would like to see him there ay least until near end of season, he is showing why he was hard sort after by union

I think mata or pole could be a strong chance to snag a debut In the comming weeks tbh

Maybe even O'Kane off the bench, anyone is better than bloody tulagi at this stage, he already has scum blood on his veins ready for next season
We got 2 down

And a suprise add on for Dias

I know Boyling was players pick for U20s player of the season at the Sharks. How did we pick him up? Did he see an opportunity at WTs?

Odd - I posted the other day, He was rated at the Sharks in Flegg last year
- But moved to the Dragons this year... We got him from there.

Blind Freddy can see we have zero back rowers for next year...
Any manager with a good kid that can't get a start would be made not to steer him our way.

I picked Dias way back - Had him shouted down...
He's been around for a while, 18th man plenty - Always thought he'd get a shot eventually. He's bloody tall
He hasn't particularly stood out from his 2 games so far

Boyling, Tumeth, Reilly the 3 who we might see in NRL this year ino
Agree on the first 2 but Reilly has to at least put one good tackle on in reggies before I stop calling him a soccer player. Until then he’s in the Pepe la Puagu team for all the west tigers soccer players.

He hasn't particularly stood out from his 2 games so far

Nope... Thought he looked better in the trials if anything.

Wasn't my point - He'd been 18th man a bunch of times, And I thought he was close back then...
He's only a strain in warm up away at 18th man.

Clubs usually keep those kind of blokes around and promise to give them a run at some point....
Also not like we had Front Rowers piled up somewhere...

Nope... Thought he looked better in the trials if anything.

Wasn't my point - He'd been 18th man a bunch of times, And I thought he was close back then...
He's only a strain in warm up away at 18th man.

Clubs usually keep those kind of blokes around and promise to give them a run at some point....
Also not like we had Front Rowers piled up somewhere...
Fair point

Back