Onitoni Large

I'm really struggling to find a good match, he's not quite as big as hayne and he's got better ball playing ability but he moves the same way.
He really is a talent, if he applies himself I have no doubt he'll be a star, bet my left nut on it
Maybe someone like John Sutton?

For some reason, he reminds me of Inglis at the same age. His size and the way he moves.

I could see him having a similar start to his career moving between centre, 5/8 and fullback due to his speed, size and play style.
Inglis was about 6 and a half feet, is he that big?
And he played Origin at 19 wasn’t it?
God I hope this kid is that good?

Harold Matts is u/17
Jersey Flegg is u/21

He will likely start the season in Matts and may find himself in Flegg at some point. Harold Matts and SG Ball both finish early into the NRL Season whereas Flegg coincides with the NRL season. It also depends what his commitments are with School Rugby and the Waratahs.
Isn’t he contracted to us, how come we don’t get priority over Waratahs?

I'm really struggling to find a good match, he's not quite as big as hayne and he's got better ball playing ability but he moves the same way.
He really is a talent, if he applies himself I have no doubt he'll be a star, bet my left nut on it
He's still growing so wouldn't surprise me if he gets close to 188-190cm & a couple of months ago did this.

Untitled.jpg

Isn’t he contracted to us, how come we don’t get priority over Waratahs?

His contract isn’t an NRL contract, it’s a junior contract, which is a different type of contract. It allows him to play other codes etc but just restricts him from playing for other NRL junior clubs.

It allows kids the freedom to play other codes, for their school etc.

I’m not saying he is Inglis, just his movement, speed and size is similar at that age. He would be about 6ft (give or take) and is still growing.

Maybe someone like John Sutton
Not a bad shout, but Large is far more elusive with speed and agility. When you watch his highlights and see him go both around defenders and back against the grain with the same ease, most kids don't have the ability. Especially when they are playing against older kids

Honestly don’t think kids should get a thread until they’re setting reserve grade on fire. But each to their own.

One thing is for sure , I think it’s pretty obvious that he’s a centre / fullback . I really don’t think he’s a 6 . Which is pretty good news when you consider that’s our biggest hole .

He's not as tall as Inglis but his legs are a similar size, that powerful build. And he'd be the fastest player currently contracted to WT.
While he's got a decent pass and kick on him, his running game is his strength. But apparently his family and agent don't want him playing outside the halves

He's still growing so wouldn't surprise me if he gets close to 188-190cm & a couple of months ago did this.

View attachment 8613

.20 seconds off the national record with
a head wind. Funnily enough, it was set by
Henry Hutchinson who co-commentated
the race. Casey McLean on his outside is
a Penrith junior. I'll upload the clip hold on

Last edited:
Was chatting with a mate who is very involved in grass roots Rugby. I mentioned Onitoni to him and he said there was some pretty huge hype about him in Rugby circles too. Was very disappointed to hear he is contracted at the Tigers but believes he'll stay in Rugby.

Back