Pangai Junior

@telltails said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417605) said:
You wonder how missing out on players you target effects the current playing squad especially when the money is the same and both teams are struggling . It reflects on them too - not just the club/coach.

Our top paid player (supposedly MBye) is not exactly a player likely to attract other players in fact i would say he is a hinderance

TPJ probably waiting until after the airing of Wild Wests on Monday night to see what he might be getting himself into if he comes to us.

So yes, probably 48 hours.

sit and wait. no more big spending because of desperation. i rather lose more games than lose more games with expensive desperate spending like mbye and renolds

sit and wait. no more big spending because of desperation. i rather lose more games than lose more games with expensive desperate spending like mbye and renolds

@jadtiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417612) said:
You wonder how missing out on players you target effects the current playing squad especially when the money is the same and both teams are struggling . It reflects on them too - not just the club/coach.

Our top paid player (supposedly MBye) is not exactly a player likely to attract other players in fact i would say he is a hinderance

Outside of Brooks, our top three paid players are Packer ($750K) , Mbye ($900k) and BJ ($700k). Two are in reserve grade, one is on the bench. We also never really replaced the $800k from Reynolds as it was so late, so we are playing a bit under the cap.

@benjic said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417615) said:

You can’t sit and wait forever hoping things will change. I’m not saying go out and sign all marquee players, but sign players that can slot in and improve the first grade side. We can’t just sit here and sign no one. If we go into next year with Hastings and Gildart as our key signings we’re absolutely screwed because we’ll probably win less games than this year and be even more unattractive than we already are (if that’s possible)

@avocadoontoast said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417621) said:

You can’t sit and wait forever hoping things will change. I’m not saying go out and sign all marquee players, but sign players that can slot in and improve the first grade side. We can’t just sit here and sign no one. If we go into next year with Hastings and Gildart as our key signings we’re absolutely screwed because we’ll probably win less games than this year and be even more unattractive than we already are (if that’s possible)

I know I keep saying this but we're not that far off, apart from Penrith and the Storm. Take SOO for example, two halves missing from NSW = disaster for the rest of the best backline ever seen. A new fullback and centre for QLD = 300% improvement to an otherwise ordinary team ( at SOO level ) A good 5/8, a left centre with some brains and maybe a dynamic number 13, I think we're winning more than we're losing.

we need small players who knows how to defend. the team need to be full of speedsters. all our backs are slow and can't defend. the new rule benefit speed players who can defend

@hsvjones said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417527) said:
@twentyforty said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417524) said:
Can anyone break this wall down?
https://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CMWEB_MRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fnrl-2021-michael-maguire-admits-rebuilding-plan-could-kill-him-off-as-wests-tigers-coach%2Fnews-story%2Faa2a93ced3c457a2fd741bf182fd2a25&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

Pretty sure its on the last page. 210

Yea its the same story as was posted a couple of pages back.

@tigerballs said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417625) said:

I know I keep saying this but we're not that far off, apart from Penrith and the Storm. Take SOO for example, two halves missing from NSW = disaster for the rest of the best backline ever seen. A new fullback and centre for QLD = 300% improvement to an otherwise ordinary team ( at SOO level ) A good 5/8, a left centre with some brains and maybe a dynamic number 13, I think we're winning more than we're losing.

Spot on with your comments.

Look at what a difference the injection of just one player like Tommy Turbo makes at Manly, to the point that they now have the self belief to put in credible performances even when Tommy is out of the side for short periods.

@weststigerman said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417595) said:
@supercoach said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417593) said:
@iwasright said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417578) said:
I hope I’m wrong but I’m hearing TPJ to the dogs that will be their 2nd signing within 2 weeks

Dogs were always short priced favourites. Their short term prospects are way in front of us and with Gould on board their mid to long term prospects look better

They will want to hope all these signings work out for them because if they don’t they will have no room to move for years again.

Still carrying Flanagan, Cotric, Allan, Hetherington on decent coin from last years panic buys.

More like Aldi special buys.

If his announcement of which club he has signed with was supposed to be 2 days ago. My feeling is, if it was anyone other than Wests, he probably would have announced it. But it would be very bad form if he announced he was coming here right before his current club was due to play us. Hopefully this is his last respectful act for his current club, before he announces his signing with us after the game is completed.

@yeshecheekam said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417609) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417606) said:

It’s disheartening to the fans, the players and the club. Hopefully we sign him because it will be Something we can build on. If we miss out it will be a big kick in the guts.

Yeah it is. I said this week, we are going to have to pay overs to bring TPJ, as if all things are level, the general media perceptions on the Dogs at the moment are far more better than us. They have brought in Thompson, Addo Carr, Burton who are all superstars in the last year, plus good signings like Dufty and Cotric. Not to mention the highly regarded Gould. We haven't made any "big" signings.

We are going to have to pay someone big to get them in, then hopefully signings become easier.

The situation in regards to TPJ is the opposite.

I don’t know, I’m keen to sign TPJ for the feeling of finally not missing out on a big name signing but at the same time I’ve got this feeling that he’s not the win at all cost, effort on effort week in week out player that I think we need to fill our team with. A big part of me wants him to go elsewhere for that reason.

@gcfan said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417639) said:
I don’t know, I’m keen to sign TPJ for the feeling of finally not missing out on a big name signing but at the same time I’ve got this feeling that he’s not the win at all cost, effort on effort week in week out player that I think we need to fill our team with. A big part of me wants him to go elsewhere for that reason.

It may help with your doubts, if you count up the number of players we currently have who fit that very good description of yours, then compare Pangai Junior with what you have left?

@hank37w said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417630) said:
@tigerballs said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417625) said:

Spot on with your comments.

Look at what a difference the injection of just one player like Tommy Turbo makes at Manly, to the point that they now have the self belief to put in credible performances even when Tommy is out of the side for short periods.

I agree, there’s no point in slogging your guts out if you don’t have a couple of speedsters to capitalise on your efforts, look at that young fullback for the Raiders last night - inspirational stuff, absolute speed and intent! I can’t believe the Bulldogs were last man standing in procuring JAC.

How long until we start spending 214 pages arguing about Dale Copley , Sam Williams ,Jarrod Croker ......

@tigeztime said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417592) said:
@iwasright said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417578) said:
I hope I’m wrong but I’m hearing TPJ to the dogs that will be their 2nd signing within 2 weeks

Your mail is usually pretty spot on so I can't say I'm not super disappointed. Just wanted to say to everyone to keep an eye on your mental health, I know it sucks and hurts not being able to get anyone on board but it will get better.

Best way to do that is to walk away from this club and find something else to do in your life
I like the rest of us have lived in hope and been completely frustrated by this club for way to many years
And why do we do this to ourselves?
I know one thing for sure, if we don't sign at least one major Signing before the new season starts then I will most likely walk away from this game and the club
It is one of the things over the last 15 years that has continually let me down
When you love the game and the club and it pretty much consumes your life during footy season, it starts getting a bit much to take
So many wrong decisions in the running of our competition and at our club have just about ruined it for me now
I would sit down and watch every game I could in the past but now I have given up
To many games are over in the 1st 20 minutes
The top 8 are pretty much the top 8 every year or close to it
What sort of a competition is that
Not one that I wish to follow
The competition is for the top clubs only
The rest of us are fodder to make up the numbers and generate revenue for the league
Well stuff them
I won't support the Nrl unless things change quickly because I won't put up with it much longer

Back