Pascoe sanctioned by the NRL

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Hope he uses whatsApp instead of emails

Certainly not immune from using WhatsApp.

BBM

Old tech…

I think your confusing the blackberry phone with the blackberry messenger.
The phones are old tech but the BBM the most secure instant messenger on the planet.
My company does all internal messaging using BBM because of its encryption.
Even android and Apple users can download the BBM app and have the same security.

Blackberry focus on secure software. There is no money in hardware anymore.
Even Samsung is moving in this direction with the rise of Chinese phones.

There seems to be something more to this… It seems there is a blatant attempt to discredit Pascoe and hurt the club and derail Maguire's tenure as well.

The penalties are harsh in comparison to blatant rorting elsewhere and the reasoning and Greenbergs justifications seem convoluted.

Does Pascoe have to be registered with NRL to be employed by the club? What are the requirements for club staff? Can he remain at the club but not be the CEO?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

BBM

Old tech…

The phones are old tech but the BBM the most secure instant messenger on the planet.
Even android and Apple users can download the BBM app and have the same security.

I'm not confusing it at all but that's another issue altogether which is not relevant to this topic.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

BBM

Old tech…

BBM or BBM protected? - el chapstick learnt that the hard way.

so we didn't get any salary cap relief. farah's $1m was included in the cap anyway.

so is pascoe being terminated based on he "tried" to push the ambassador role as a way to pay robbie out?

so we got no salary cap relief, the supposed role hasn't been accepted (or started by Robbie), farah has still been paid his full dues?
where is this 639k coming from? is this excess to the amount we owed robbie? surely that can't be right? or is 639k some sort of back pay starting from way before pascoe that should've been included in the cap that the club tried to pass off at ambassador role?

all in all, i don't buy the whole "we were mean to you so here's 639k from an organisation that hasn't profited in 20 years"

however, since we have clearly not received an advantage (unless im missing something), the punishment is over the top. kinda like charging someone for intent to manslaughter when they are just speeding

@ said:
all in all, i don't buy the whole "we were mean to you so here's 639k from an organisation that hasn't profited in 20 years"

It's clear he's a crowd favourite. It's not gifting the money. Robbie would add value in bringing in corporate revenue. Or increasing our brand, which might bring in more merch sales or membership.

It's not exactly a huge wage for 4 years work.

When did we last have an uneventful season without being screwed by a player(s), coach or the NRL? Since 2019 is already on that list hopefully WT's fight back for a change.

Very odd that we didn't actually get dispensation for Farah's previous contract. I originally understood the NRL must havr granted some kind of allowance, to now be so upset.

I don't see therefore why the NRL thinks it's dishonest to apply for an exemption, not get it, then offer a player a different role later in life.

It's like applying for Family Child Support and not being entirely sure whether or not you are eligible… then the govt knocks you back and fines you for paying for daycare anyway.

@ said:
Very odd that we didn't actually get dispensation for Farah's previous contract. I originally understood the NRL must havr granted some kind of allowance, to now be so upset.

I don't see therefore why the NRL thinks it's dishonest to apply for an exemption, not get it, then offer a player a different role later in life.

It's like applying for Family Child Support and not being entirely sure whether or not you are eligible… then the govt knocks you back and fines you for paying for daycare anyway.

Did Raylene Castle or Todd Greenberg get de-registered after the Canterbury disaster?

@ said:
The more I read abou JP the more I think that Greenberg saw him as a threat to his position and so took extraordinary steps to tarnish his reputation. TG better watch his next steps carefully. This could get very ugly very quickly.

Ha! You're thinking exactly what I'm thinking. It's one thing to run a wealthy club. It's something altogether different to drag one up from it's knees. Greenberg is trying to sure up his own future imo. JP is a threat - the game deserves the likes of him. High achievers in high positions are not expendable. Greenberg himself however is.

@ said:
@ said:

Did Raylene Castle or Todd Greenberg get de-registered after the Canterbury disaster?

Pretty sure they both bailed before the crap hit the fan

There's an awfully long list of past players employed by their previous clubs post career. Suggesting we can't do the same boggles the mind. If the difference is that ours is arranged whilst said player is still contracted to actually play as opposed to others that supposedly don't have a formal agreement in place, well really, that's a joke given it was so out there in the public domain for so long.

@ said:
There's an awfully long list of past players employed by their previous clubs post career. Suggesting we can't do the same boggles the mind. If the difference is that ours is arranged whilst said player is still contracted to actually play as opposed to others that supposedly don't have a formal agreement in place, well really, that's a joke given it was so out there in the public domain for so long.

The issue is that we didn”t disclose it to the NRL.

@ said:
@ said:

All clubs do it as incentive for that player to sign another contract and stay at the club. Usually on a lower contract.

The player we offered it to was going to Souths.

Massive difference.

The issue is corruption within the NRL.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

All clubs do it as incentive for that player to sign another contract and stay at the club. Usually on a lower contract.

The player we offered it to was going to Souths.

Massive difference.

The issue is corruption within the NRL.

Exactly.

@ said:
@ said:

Greenburg is clutching - it was all over the media that is not an act of a club that is trying to be deceptive about something - which is what Pasco has been accused of and is the basis of the harsh penalty.

Greenburg and Weeks sat on their hands last year while Penrith openly poached our coach under contract, and completely sent our season off the rails. Penrith got their man and then they bring in new changes so it cant happen again. Thanks Todd.
And after all that we manage to sign a great replacement our cap is in great shape -so what do the NRL do in November they decide to dig this up, to knock us again and in doing so enforce an outrageous penalty, and get rid of our CEO.
Agenda all over it.

News this morning (Nine.com) that NRL want sharks to relocate.
There is an agenda!
I am starting to believe that Pascoe was deregistered because he was making us a financial success thus sustainable for the future. NRL don’t want that.

Members online

Back