Pascoe sanctioned by the NRL

It like Dodge City…the NRL make the laws, police the laws,judge the laws and hand out the sentencing and worse they are self elected.

Basically they can do what they like. They will not do it, but the Tigers should drag this through a real court where at least they may get a fair chance at defending the charges laced against them.

Also just a foot note, this was well planned to coincide with Xmas, so the public attention would be distracted and any opposition would be minimal and get less media coverage. So keep up the protest on social media and keep the emails flowing to Greenberg, the voice of the people can be powerful

I completely understand players, coaches, player agents having to be registered with the NRL.
Club management no way, as there are times when what is best for the club, and what is best for the NRL (or its hierarchy) are going to be mutually exclusive.
Justin's sole existence at the Wests Tigers' is making decisions in the the day to day running of the club.
A senior manager being sacked and having his reputation shredded should be checking with his lawyers about "restraint of trade".

The B grade journalists and the shock jocks who are always looking to drag out the dirt and make names for themselves don't seem to be picking up any of this. I've completely lost track of who in the media owns who these days, but those involved with channel nine and Foxtell for starters are not about to kill the goose that lays the golden egg, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that their journalists have been told to cool it. For those with the skills, there are sites offering opportunities for budding journalists to contribute articles. One is the Roar https://www.theroar.com.au/contribute/ and Zero Tackle have made the offer from time to time. I just get the impression that we are getting stone walled, and need another way to stir up the hornet's nest.

@ said:
News this morning (Nine.com) that NRL want sharks to relocate.
There is an agenda!
I am starting to believe that Pascoe was deregistered because he was making us a financial success thus sustainable for the future. NRL don’t want that.

I’m sure you have evidence of this to make such ridiculous claims.

@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!
I am starting to believe that Pascoe was deregistered because he was making us a financial success thus sustainable for the future. NRL don’t want that.

Here is some evidence from June this year regarding the possibilty that clubs like Wests Tigers and Sharks could be forced out of the NRL to make way for a Papua New Guinea club;

"Bold bid for Labor to back PNG's entry into the NRL
By Adrian Proszenko
30 June 2018

A motion tabled at the NSW Labor Party annual conference could be the key to the introduction of a Papua New Guinean team entering the NRL in the future.

The motion, proposed by Inner West Council Mayor Darcy Byrne and seconded by Member for Kingsford Smith, Matt Thistlethwaite, calls for a future Federal Labor Government to support PNG’s NRL bid as a foreign policy initiative.

PNG is the only country in the world that can claim rugby league as its national sport and recent results have proven the nation has considerable talent in its ranks. "

@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!

I do not need any evidence of that … the Pascoe situation has nothing to do with relocation but the NRL would be concerned that the Tigers are getting there act together as they would of been seen as easy targets for relocation ... Greenberg and his cronies are fools if they think the Tigers will be a push over .. the club needs to push back now and stamp there authority.

@ said:
@ said:
For those mentioning the link to Gould. The NRL began investigating something that has been public knowledge for 3 years 2 months ago.

What was happening 2 months ago?

I am sure that Ivan (Mr Integrity) Cleary who sits on the NRL’s premiership committee would have nothing to do with this. His successor would struggle to match his 47% SuperCoach record while managing a cap penalty for 3 years.

For those mentioning super league, we might be seeing it. One southern team & wests territory to be split (as per original merger proposals) between Parramatta and Canterbury

We resigned Farah 2 months ago. Is it to do with that? I dunno, the timing is a bit weird.

Perhaps that is the issue

If he didn't come back as a player …...

But as I said in my email to Greenburg , shouldn't the NRL be proactive in that situation (or any other issue that the agreement entailed ) and inform the club once the contract was lodged that is was going to be an issue

That's my point and was my main point to Greenberg , the club had been talking about offering a post career job to RF when he got his LIfe membership

Shouldn't they as a responsible leader of the game asked the club what its intentions were back then , be proactive not reactionary ......

Make no bones about it, Cronulla are goners!

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-league/cronulla-sharks-face-relocation-with-nrl-preparing-to-take-over-licence-ng-67be9d2efb89772f8fc90965e0a4a558

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronulla-sharks-could-face-nrl-relocation/63958e5c-e686-40aa-8e63-f0240316a01f

@ said:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-league/cronulla-sharks-face-relocation-with-nrl-preparing-to-take-over-licence-ng-67be9d2efb89772f8fc90965e0a4a558

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronulla-sharks-could-face-nrl-relocation/63958e5c-e686-40aa-8e63-f0240316a01f

You have to remember there is a very big possibility of the public purse being used to bail out the Sharks. Remember the grant this undeserving club received from the Commonwealth to upgrade the stadium when Bruce Baird was the Local Member? This club is in COALmo's electorate and has close links to the Shire's version of Hillsong at Sutherland (Shire Live).

@ said:
@ said:

You have to remember there is a very big possibility of the public purse being used to bail out the Sharks. Remember the grant this undeserving club received from the Commonwealth to upgrade the stadium when Bruce Baird was the Local Member? This club is in COALmo's electorate and has close links to the Shire's version of Hillsong at Sutherland (Shire Live).

Oh yes I'd forgotten that the current PM is an avid Sharks supporter - they change so often! Lol Nice to have friends in high places.

The thing is it won't bode well for us then if Cronulla are somehow saved.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Oh yes I'd forgotten that the current PM is an avid Sharks supporter - they change so often! Lol Nice to have friends in high places.

The thing is it won't bode well for us then if Cronulla are somehow saved.

The current PM is only months away from being the X PM. Even Billy boy could not stuff the next election up

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!

I do not need any evidence of that … the Pascoe situation has nothing to do with relocation but the NRL would be concerned that the Tigers are getting there act together as they would of been seen as easy targets for relocation ... Greenberg and his cronies are fools if they think the Tigers will be a push over .. the club needs to push back now and stamp there authority.

I agree, we looked an easy target, lets hope the idiots at HQ have bitten off more than they can chew this time with us :pray:

Wests Ashfield won't be as easily pressured by the nrl. They won't back down from a fight.

@ said:
Wests Ashfield won't be as easily pressured by the nrl. They won't back down from a fight.

When Greenburg and Weeks publcily tarnish the reputation of our CEO and in doing so damage his current and future employment prospects, it follows there may be serious repercussions. Let's hope the wheel of justice is in motion.

Oh yes, his reputation has been severely tarnished. The NRL may well be thinking what the heck have we done? Talk about bully boy tactics. I have a feeling that JP will come out of this OK.

@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!

There are reports in the DT ( Yes i know) that when the sharks are fined for the salary cap mess should they not be able to pay the NRL will immediately takeover the licence. Not hard to guess what they would do then.

@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!

It’s called an opinion. Here’s another example of an opinion: I think your constant ridiculing of other forum members posts is pathetic.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!

It’s called an opinion. Here’s another example of an opinion: I think your constant ridiculing of other forum members posts is pathetic.

Outlandish opinions usually get more traction when backed with evidence. Claiming that Greenburg and the NRL don't want our club to be successful is a ridiculous assertion.

It'd be hilarious if a director the NRL formerly appointed to administrate the club will wind up bringing them undone. Karmic retribution at its finest.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back