Pat Richards Leaving ?

Hard to pass up an opportunity for what I'd imagine would be more money in a different part of the world.

All the best Paddy, thanks for your services.

As much as I love Patty and the fact he came back to us for 2 years…the reality is he is now below NRL standard for a winger….he is 33 and has slowed down a fair bit…he has been shown up defensively quite a few times this year, more than last year….so it is right for him to play in a league that is a few rungs below the NRL.

Thanks for the memories Patty…all the best in ESL….

I concur with other forum members comments.

Thanks for the memories but at 33 years old not up to NRL standard I am affair.

Hope this frees up some money for our salary cap, but knowing WT it probably won't.

Thanks for the memories Pat and all the best with Catalans. Surely after releasing or not resigning so many players over the last 12 months the Tigers must have now have some room within the salary cap to sign a decent player or two as 2017 is just to long to wait for as long suffering fans!!

Maybe this might be a trade for Krisnan Inu. Doubtful, but I would love Inu at the club.

Great news.

Pat has been a passenger for too long. The guy is just too old and slow to compete at this level. Atleast when he was kicking well and doing those towering kick restarts he offered something to the team, but now he doesn't even offer that.

All the best Pat over in France and thanks for the memories.

Yeah good move from Richards….all the best in France you have prolonged your career by making it...

@jadtiger said:
@stevetiger said:
This is good news and I assume that JT is right across this. I'll add this to the positives for JT.

That would give him the total of 1

Playing Lawrence in the backrow is another good decision.

I agree JT has been terrible. I'm just trying to be rational in stating the positives.

Thanks for the memories Pat (especially 05).

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I'd love to play footy in France, what a lucky bloke.

@TopTiger said:
Thanks for the memories Pat and all the best with Catalans. Surely after releasing or not resigning so many players over the last 12 months the Tigers must have now have some room within the salary cap to sign a decent player or two as 2017 is just to long to wait for as long suffering fans!!

We are MORE than $1m UNDER the cap…BUT because our Football Operations is broke we are using CAP money to prop that side of the business up...this is fact

Our acting CEO says we couldn't make Patty an offer because of our cap problems. I keep hearing about these cap problems but have no idea exactly what or how significant they are because the club tells its members and fans nothing! Presumably, if we couldn't offer Patty a new deal we won't be able to afford a replacement either!

@alexaki said:
@TopTiger said:

We are MORE than $1m UNDER the cap…BUT because our Football Operations is broke we are using CAP money to prop that side of the business up...this is fact

I didnt think this was allowed? Can you back up the fact with proof?

@alexaki said:
@TopTiger said:

Looks Like we will be receiving a breach notice from the NRL if this is indeed fact…

A$6.55 million in 2015, with a salary floor of A$6.05 million (92.5% of the cap).

So if we are only spending A$5.55 or less we are in do do....

@Geo. said:
@alexaki said:
@TopTiger said:

Looks Like we will be receiving a breach notice from the NRL if this is indeed fact…

A$6.55 million in 2015, with a salary floor of A$6.05 million (92.5% of the cap).

Oh dear , please don't let me read this . It makes me more :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant .

and with guaranteed reduced Members that will continue there support financially next Season we are in a serious mess.

@Geo. said:
@alexaki said:
@TopTiger said:

Geo is right , I could remember the exact percentage but knew it was over 91%

So we could sign JT right now if we could come up with the money? Isn't Catalans the club Carney is at?

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

Latest posts

Members online

Back