Patience....

Dearest Tigerap,

Thank you for your correspondence. I do remember you a your son coming to our box. I noted you both wore scarves and I was pleased. Have you purchased this years scarf? If not how many can I put you down for? We have pet scarfs now too! With Easter around the corner have you considered a scarf hunt instead of chocolate eggs?

With the actual team, I have little input into the day to day operation. As you can see from the half time footage of me in the change rooms, I actually don’t like footy and was playing candy crush instead of listening or contributing at all. FYI, I’m ranked 564th in Australia on candy crush. A stat I’m quite proud of. It took a lot of effort and persistence but I’m climbing the ranks fast. If you play candy crush you can add me as a friend and we can share scores. My tag is TheKandyMan69420.

Thanks again for you contact, always great to hear from scarves..I mean fans.

Yours humbly

J.Pascoe.

P.s the box invite wasn’t free, you owe us $390.00
Too good😂😂😂

It will be a miracle if Benji makes it to 2025!!
You could be right?
Our continued failure inextricably links Benji with Sheens. Only a string of wins at the back end of the season can save Benji from his blame shifting masters.
As they say in Nigeria...ob la Di ob la da..

It will be a miracle if Benji makes it to 2025!!
Hopefully our chair of the board the wonder lawyer was smart enough to install some performance clauses in the contracts. Or were stuffed. For everything we say about Sheens, he has won 4 comps as a coach. Benji hasn't achieved anything. If it's like this now how bad will it get then.

Benji will give coaching a shot...maybe until end 24 ,probably by himself.that year(heaven help us!)..but must already be thinking his media role pays about the same,is a helluva lot more fun,and significantly less scrutinised by all and sundry
Heres hoping..

I for one more or less agree with the OP and I appreciate the guts to make the post.

I am obviously not happy about how the team is going but we don't really have a choice. I don't think they will sack Sheens and I don't think sacking Pascoe will make a difference. I have no issues if both get sacked tomorrow.

What I won't do is complain endlessly. It's pointless to me, even if it helps some people deal with their emotions.

Some people are going to call you a "shill" because you won't join the pile-on, or because you are aware that nothing in sport (or life) is truly black/white. I don't know why anyone on Earth thought Tigers would suddenly become competitive after managing just 4 wins in 2022. It is an unfortunately long process, and any of the really bad teams of recent times (Bulldogs, Eels, Knights) took several years to lift themselves off the bottom.

I think your choices here are: to complain endlessly, complain sometimes and hope for the best, or quit. I don't want to quit and I won't complain endlessly, so the remaining option is to find some patience.

Hopefully our chair of the board the wonder lawyer was smart enough to install some performance clauses in the contracts. Or were stuffed. For everything we say about Sheens, he has won 4 comps as a coach. Benji hasn't achieved anything. If it's like this now how bad will it get then.
3 of those Premierships were clouded in salary cap rorting.

I for one more or less agree with the OP and I appreciate the guts to make the post.

I am obviously not happy about how the team is going but we don't really have a choice. I don't think they will sack Sheens and I don't think sacking Pascoe will make a difference. I have no issues if both get sacked tomorrow.

What I won't do is complain endlessly. It's pointless to me, even if it helps some people deal with their emotions.

Some people are going to call you a "shill" because you won't join the pile-on, or because you are aware that nothing in sport (or life) is truly black/white. I don't know why anyone on Earth thought Tigers would suddenly become competitive after managing just 4 wins in 2022. It is an unfortunately long process, and any of the really bad teams of recent times (Bulldogs, Eels, Knights) took several years to lift themselves off the bottom.

I think your choices here are: to complain endlessly, complain sometimes and hope for the best, or quit. I don't want to quit and I won't complain endlessly, so the remaining option is to find some patience.
8+ years of patience enough or should I have more?

8+ years of patience enough or should I have more?
There is no "enough". The opposing teams don't care about your emotions.

You can do as you please, but I believe the only way to keep supporting Tigers and have something of a decent level of mental health is to find your patience in 2023.

There is no "enough". The opposing teams don't care about your emotions.

You can do as you please, but I believe the only way to keep supporting Tigers and have something of a decent level of mental health is to find your patience in 2023.
Patience has run out. Enough IS enough.
Funnily, I have zero emotions for other teams. I don't know what you're talking about with that point.
My mental health isn't suffering. It's the Tigers mental health I am concerned about.
As far as that goes, other than 2 who need to be replaced immediately, I feel for the squad. The 2 who need replacing are holding 2 of 3 key positions. I could understand if the remaining players feel as though they are banging their heads against a brick wall.
And don't get me started on the 2 deadwoods running this club!
Thanks for your advice, but I always try to do as I please.

Neither are NRL players
Brooks is a 6 who can't score a try, put on a try assist or kick in goal for a restart. He runs. My god I'm so over commentators saying he runs. Yes he runs. He runs sideways and he runs straight with no backup or am idea about thr next play.

Funnily, I have zero emotions for other teams. I don't know what you're talking about with that point.
My mental health isn't suffering. It's the Tigers mental health I am concerned about.
As far as that goes, other than 2 who need to be replaced immediately, I feel for the squad. The 2 who need replacing are holding 2 of 3 key positions. I could understand if the remaining players feel as though they are banging their heads against a brick wall.

re the other teams - I mean no other team cares that Tigers fans are upset. There are no weeks off, nobody is going to give us a free run. So we have to expect maximum fight from our opponents, and therefore the whole thing is a slow process.

That's all I mean - it's not relevant to the NRL or to the Tigers whether or not you personally have run out of patience. It's not going to get better any time soon. That's what this thread is about, what the OP was saying, that we need some patience waiting for the performances to turn around.

You are telling me you have run out of patience. That's a shame, I'm not sure what you do next about it, but I am glad you are feeling well.

NRL Sunday had 2 games Sharks /Warriors and Cows/Dogs and while none of these 4 teams were perfect in defence they were two very exciting down to the wire games
Everyone on both sides and both games had that " never day die " attitude and displayed tremendous guts .I can't imagine Tigers playing with that attitude .We look like a defeated team well before the 80 min mark
Warriors are not chock full of big stars and have a rookie coach in Webster and we are not in the same league

It doesn't take much to go through other threads and posts on this forum and see by far and away I'm not the only one has lost patience.
So yeah it should be relevant to the Tigers, and very concerning.
And after 8+ years of underperforming to say it's not going to get better any time soon is more than alarming as it appears you are propagating acceptance of this diabolical situation.
Unbelievable as it is, things are worse now than they have ever been!
Tigers need direct positive change NOW!

Patience is done.

I've seen the frustration levels rising with every week & every loss. I'm not here to say anybody is wrong, but looking at things in a slightly different way...

To me it currently feels like Sheens is sifting through his current Top 30 to see who stays on & who moves on. I don't think anyone at the club expects the team to win a premiership UNDER Sheens. I'd say the whole role for Sheens now is to get the best combination of players together in order for Benji to step into a squad ready to compete.

Nofoaluma has been dropped. Laurie is dropped. Mamaulo is moved on. Doueihi has been shifted to fullback. Some might see this as desperation, some might question why these moves were not made before the season started. My take- I don't think the coaching staff know EXACTLY who is to keep or not. They have recruited well, despite the results. And the players brought in will help in the development of players I think are already earmarked as long-term solutions: Utoikamanu, Pole, Matamua, Toupo, Kepoeoa & Simpkin.

I expect we see more of Pole, Matamua & Simpkin as the year goes on. Bula is already being talked about, and I'd say we see him before the year is out. Toupo & Kepoeoa are already locked in.

Where are we in terms of club development? I know everyone thinks of 2005. I'd say we are somewhere between 2003-2004, where Sheens removed a bunch of the longer term players & made room for the Marshall's, Farah's, Gibbs, Fulton, Halatau's while bringing in the likes of Hodgson, Prince etc to balance out what we already had.

He's now stated they want an 'experienced half' (I read either #7 or #6 when they say that). Moses was THE target. Pearce was a fallback option. The answer MIGHT be George Williams. Or Sezar. Or Luke Keary. But that doesn't mean they give up on Brooks immediately either. I strongly believe that Sheens/Marshall/Farah BELIEVE in club spirit & keeping 'the old boys' around. Brooks has always been a Tiger. Moses & Tedesco have already been targeted for a return. You build a club spirit through players coming through a club, and despite his struggles, Brooks IS a Tigers player. I think they value that. I don't believe you can question his dedication on the field. His results? Sure. But it's not a lack of effort. That's the difference between him & the other long-term Tiger, Nofoaluma, who you CAN question his efforts of late.

Doueihi's extension for a year & shift to fullback kind of looks perfect for the timeframe for Bula to become the starter. He may then move on, or even be looked at as a future centre or even an eventual shift back to 5/8. But for mine, he's now a place holder (and a good enough option TBH) at fullback until Bula is ready.

I think it will be interesting to see which players get extended playing time over the next few weeks. I'm pretty confident we will start seeing the younger players incorporated into the squad more & more.

I'm still not giving up on a solid 9th finish once the players get a handle on the newer style of play. The club isn't ONLY combatting the failures of youth in the squad, but the ghosts of 5-6 years of having focused on one style of play (that didn't work) and has seemingly eroded the confidence of players completely (here's looking at YOU Luke Brooks).

They look like a team that needs unshackling. They play frustrated, because they know what they want to do, but it's not clicking. The day it does- the Tigers will put a SCORE on someone. They move up & down the field well now. The forwards are laying that foundation. It's not a huge jump to go from there to adding additional pressure, to breaking teams resolve & then to taking advantage of that. Good sides get all of that together. We are not there yet. But, we NOW have the ability to move up & down the field.
Sounds to me like you're suggesting the Tigers are on a "re-building" stage!

NRL Sunday had 2 games Sharks /Warriors and Cows/Dogs and while none of these 4 teams were perfect in defence they were two very exciting down to the wire games
Everyone on both sides and both games had that " never day die " attitude and displayed tremendous guts .I can't imagine Tigers playing with that attitude .We look like a defeated team well before the 80 min mark
Warriors are not chock full of big stars and have a rookie coach in Webster and we are not in the same league
There in the hunt for the first 5 or 6 minutes!

It doesn't take much to go through other threads and posts on this forum and see by far and away I'm not the only one has lost patience.
So yeah it should be relevant to the Tigers, and very concerning.
And after 8+ years of underperforming to say it's not going to get better any time soon is more than alarming as it appears you are propagating acceptance of this diabolical situation.
Unbelievable as it is, things are worse now than they have ever been!
Tigers need direct positive change NOW!

Patience is done.
That post is a response to jirskyr's previous response

In any sport environment, after 10 years of complete failure, even the most passionate fans become apathetic, mentally detached, emotionally drained and sadly disenfranchised.

@jirskyr, by still patiently sitting, waiting for the tide to turn, to me that represents a yielding to your situation, a surrendering. And that kind of patience is no different to the apathy of the disenfranchised fan, and comes close to a taking of your third option (albeit temporarily).
I am not criticising you, it's just a different take on how you express it and deal with the fact that we are all way past losing patience. We have all arrived at the same despondent place and hey, this is group therapy after all :)

Brooks is a 6 who can't score a try, put on a try assist or kick in goal for a restart. He runs. My god I'm so over commentators saying he runs. Yes he runs. He runs sideways and he runs straight with no backup or am idea about thr next play.
😂😂 doesn't even hold the ball in two hands.....even the defence knows he's gonna run and he isn't gonna pass.

Back