Patience....

In 2022 we released Mikaele and Leilua mid season and loaned out Nofoaluma and Gildart, as well as sacking a Coach mid season, picking up our 1st Spoon. This year we've released Kataouga and Maumalo and look likely to release Laurie. The Club is effectively forfeiting 2023 just as they did 2022. Another Spoon on the cards, but we need to show patience??
We are being run by morons who have proven they have no idea what they're doing.

In 2022 we released Mikaele and Leilua mid season and loaned out Nofoaluma and Gildart, as well as sacking a Coach mid season, picking up our 1st Spoon. This year we've released Kataouga and Maumalo and look likely to release Laurie. The Club is effectively forfeiting 2023 just as they did 2022. Another Spoon on the cards, but we need to show patience??
We are being run by morons who have proven they have no idea what they're doing.
I thought they must have had some signings in the pipeline with those releases?

So in 2010 and 2011 WT had 15 wins and played finals.

Lui and Marshall were the halves and complimented each other. Decent pack lead by Robbie and Ellis being the guns.

Lawrence and Ashyford in the centres.

Last 4 seasons without a decent half back 2020 7 wins, 2021 8 wins, 2022 4 wins and 2023 no wins.

We need to find a Reynolds or Townsend to give direction and leadership.

Pack looks fine and backs minus a full back would be fine if we had a decent half and five eight.

I am confused about what our game plan is for 2023.

I am also struggling to find where the wins come from this season. Every team I have watched looks better than WT.

I've seen the frustration levels rising with every week & every loss. I'm not here to say anybody is wrong, but looking at things in a slightly different way...

To me it currently feels like Sheens is sifting through his current Top 30 to see who stays on & who moves on. I don't think anyone at the club expects the team to win a premiership UNDER Sheens. I'd say the whole role for Sheens now is to get the best combination of players together in order for Benji to step into a squad ready to compete.

Nofoaluma has been dropped. Laurie is dropped. Mamaulo is moved on. Doueihi has been shifted to fullback. Some might see this as desperation, some might question why these moves were not made before the season started. My take- I don't think the coaching staff know EXACTLY who is to keep or not. They have recruited well, despite the results. And the players brought in will help in the development of players I think are already earmarked as long-term solutions: Utoikamanu, Pole, Matamua, Toupo, Kepoeoa & Simpkin.

I expect we see more of Pole, Matamua & Simpkin as the year goes on. Bula is already being talked about, and I'd say we see him before the year is out. Toupo & Kepoeoa are already locked in.

Where are we in terms of club development? I know everyone thinks of 2005. I'd say we are somewhere between 2003-2004, where Sheens removed a bunch of the longer term players & made room for the Marshall's, Farah's, Gibbs, Fulton, Halatau's while bringing in the likes of Hodgson, Prince etc to balance out what we already had.

He's now stated they want an 'experienced half' (I read either #7 or #6 when they say that). Moses was THE target. Pearce was a fallback option. The answer MIGHT be George Williams. Or Sezar. Or Luke Keary. But that doesn't mean they give up on Brooks immediately either. I strongly believe that Sheens/Marshall/Farah BELIEVE in club spirit & keeping 'the old boys' around. Brooks has always been a Tiger. Moses & Tedesco have already been targeted for a return. You build a club spirit through players coming through a club, and despite his struggles, Brooks IS a Tigers player. I think they value that. I don't believe you can question his dedication on the field. His results? Sure. But it's not a lack of effort. That's the difference between him & the other long-term Tiger, Nofoaluma, who you CAN question his efforts of late.

Doueihi's extension for a year & shift to fullback kind of looks perfect for the timeframe for Bula to become the starter. He may then move on, or even be looked at as a future centre or even an eventual shift back to 5/8. But for mine, he's now a place holder (and a good enough option TBH) at fullback until Bula is ready.

I think it will be interesting to see which players get extended playing time over the next few weeks. I'm pretty confident we will start seeing the younger players incorporated into the squad more & more.

I'm still not giving up on a solid 9th finish once the players get a handle on the newer style of play. The club isn't ONLY combatting the failures of youth in the squad, but the ghosts of 5-6 years of having focused on one style of play (that didn't work) and has seemingly eroded the confidence of players completely (here's looking at YOU Luke Brooks).

They look like a team that needs unshackling. They play frustrated, because they know what they want to do, but it's not clicking. The day it does- the Tigers will put a SCORE on someone. They move up & down the field well now. The forwards are laying that foundation. It's not a huge jump to go from there to adding additional pressure, to breaking teams resolve & then to taking advantage of that. Good sides get all of that together. We are not there yet. But, we NOW have the ability to move up & down the field.
Exactly. It obviously isn't going to happen overnight getting a little frustrated with peeps saying they want sackings after a shit first few months. But if you look past the errors and stupid penalties given away that the coaches have no say in ...Every body isn't sitting around wanting to lose . Nobody is privy to their plans , long or short term. You can't argue isn't better than last year. And I am liking our forward pack and am disappointed with the pressure put on players we should be behind no matter what. Frustration makes us disappointed but just cos we lost doesn't mean they don't want what's best for the club. I know I've been guilty too, but you've reminded me that there's no point going through all the shit we've gone through as a club to not be there when things get better. Stay united peeps and keep the faith. Please..

Exactly. It obviously isn't going to happen overnight getting a little frustrated with peeps saying they want sackings after a shit first few months. But if you look past the errors and stupid penalties given away that the coaches have no say in ...Every body isn't sitting around wanting to lose . Nobody is privy to their plans , long or short term. You can't argue isn't better than last year. And I am liking our forward pack and am disappointed with the pressure put on players we should be behind no matter what. Frustration makes us disappointed but just cos we lost doesn't mean they don't want what's best for the club. I know I've been guilty too, but you've reminded me that there's no point going through all the shit we've gone through as a club to not be there when things get better. Stay united peeps and keep the faith. Please..
They may "want" to win, but it doesn't mean they have the nous to give us a team that can consistently win, or even win at all. They've proven that for 8 years. They're beyond being given the benefit of the doubt. He's an abysmal CEO and we will continue to regress whilst he's here.

Dearest Tigerap,

Thank you for your correspondence. I do remember you a your son coming to our box. I noted you both wore scarves and I was pleased. Have you purchased this years scarf? If not how many can I put you down for? We have pet scarfs now too! With Easter around the corner have you considered a scarf hunt instead of chocolate eggs?

With the actual team, I have little input into the day to day operation. As you can see from the half time footage of me in the change rooms, I actually don’t like footy and was playing candy crush instead of listening or contributing at all. FYI, I’m ranked 564th in Australia on candy crush. A stat I’m quite proud of. It took a lot of effort and persistence but I’m climbing the ranks fast. If you play candy crush you can add me as a friend and we can share scores. My tag is TheKandyMan69420.

Thanks again for you contact, always great to hear from scarves..I mean fans.

Yours humbly

J.Pascoe.

P.s the box invite wasn’t free, you owe us $390.00
I could very nearly believe that this was his actual response 😂

I agree with most points, in particular, the name of this thread.
Despite losing every game so far this season, im optimistic things will start to improve as time progresses.
Some people think because we have recruited well, we should be better. Over time we will be.
Noffa dropped is a good thing.
AD to fullback also is good, takes his intercept passes out of the game somewhat.
Brooks, yes, I’d still persevere with him. Just let him be him and get someone else to organise the team. He has skill and talent, just zero confidence atm.

Laurie, unluckyto be dropped. He hasn’t done much wrong but we can’t fit all them in at once. Once AD gets drppped Laurie will be in.
True, poor bloke now has been criticised so much he has no idea when to kick or pass, now he just runs and while occasionally looking dangerous is too predictable. AD has lost all confidence and it shows, I know we need a FB but do we want one that seems a turnstile in defence? I like him and would love for him to return to pre injury form and learn to use that big boot of his to much better use. Pls Pat Richards 🙏 too much talent going to waste.

So in 2010 and 2011 WT had 15 wins and played finals.

Lui and Marshall were the halves and complimented each other. Decent pack lead by Robbie and Ellis being the guns.

Lawrence and Ashyford in the centres.

Last 4 seasons without a decent half back 2020 7 wins, 2021 8 wins, 2022 4 wins and 2023 no wins.

We need to find a Reynolds or Townsend to give direction and leadership.

Pack looks fine and backs minus a full back would be fine if we had a decent half and five eight.

I am confused about what our game plan is for 2023.

I am also struggling to find where the wins come from this season. Every team I have watched looks better than WT.
In my opinion Magpie its the pathetic coaching....we have very talented recruits that are top notch NRL standard players,we have youth learning and developing...we have a coach who hasnt coached at NRL level for 10 years and a pair of CLUB ICON players that tasted glory early as players but have ABSOLUTELY NO COACHING EXPERIENCE at this level....and we wonder why we cant win games....its great to have a team that can play for each other,support the ball runner,defend the line and score when the forwards put us in the zone by working hard...unfortunately thats the other 16 teams,we are well behind them.....

Just dropped this to our CEO...had to get this off my chest.....

Justin,

I don’t know if you remember me, you kindly invited me and my son Mathew to the Tigers box last year at CommBank Vs Penrith…we narrowly lost that game, but we enjoyed the day out.

What has gone wrong this year!?!...It seems everything. The talk amongst the fans and members is this club has gone backwards big time despite all the offseason hype.

As much as I hate NRL 360 and the bagging they dish out to the club, I’m beginning to believe they are justified!.

Players we let go last and this year have gone forward to bigger and better times with their new clubs, yet our new recruits have regressed.

We clearly are not playing as a team, there is no cohesion in attack, there is no line speed in defence. Teams easily move upfield when attacking us, yet we struggle to do the same. We can’t put a decent grubber in the in goal to put pressure in attack, we can’t defend short dropouts, we can’t get to our attacking short dropouts - I’m afraid this all comes down to coaching.

From my and many fans perspective I’m afraid there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Adam is NOT a fullback, Luke is NOT a halfback, Wakeham is a reserve grader, Nofo has lost interest and I can see plenty of others going the same way.

Frankly, despite all the hype, realistically, If we are lucky we will be 2-12 after 14 rounds this year.

From the last 20 games we have ONLY won 2! (2-18), WOW!....The Leichhardt Oval fortress is no more. , what terrible losses the opening 2 games this year...A second spoon awaits us odds on..

As the CEO I would like to see you address the fans and members about the very poor start to our 2023 season and how the club plans to work its way out of this, please, please no spin, just facts. We also want to know why our players are playing so poorly, it seems without any cohesion or coaching.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I bet you a $10 scratchy we are not better than 2-12 by round 14 , after which I’ll check out for the rest of 2023-24 as my heart can’t take this rubbish anymore.

Best Of luck
Well put, biggest problem is no cohesion or player unity. Which of course comes with time unfortunately. Can see the effort some are putting in but not all in every match. Poor errors and penalties given away are negating our forwards getting over the other team. Need some sort of team bonding and soon!

Fa
They may "want" to win, but it doesn't mean they have the nous to give us a team that can consistently win, or even win at all. They've proven that for 8 years. They're beyond being given the benefit of the doubt. He's an abysmal CEO and we will continue to regress whilst he's here.
Fair enough I get what you mean. I'm not saying some more changes aren't needed. I'm referring to the fact CEOs and coaches aren't the ones dropping easy passes and giving away ridiculous penalties always in their half .And hitting support players with a goddamn falcon. Or having players who have no idea on how to hit a hole.

Fa

Fair enough I get what you mean. I'm not saying some more changes aren't needed. I'm referring to the fact CEOs and coaches aren't the ones dropping easy passes and giving away ridiculous penalties always in their half .And hitting support players with a goddamn falcon. Or having players who have no idea on how to hit a hole.
No, but this squad and every squad under their stewardship is what they've given us to support. Doesn't seem like the environment they give athletes is one where success is attainable. A shiny new gym doesn't hide shit management.

Back