Patience....

No, but this squad and every squad under their stewardship is what they've given us to support. Doesn't seem like the environment they give athletes is one where success is attainable. A shiny new gym doesn't hide shit management.
So be it , I don't know enough about him to criticise just that we used to be broke and train in substandard facilities, and now we don't and aren't. Whole attitude needs to be on all the club not just one area I get. But the team needs to learn how to win first doesn't it, veterans are showing the way but the kids need to learn how the little things to win games,sure broncos hammered us but that's why they're leading the comp. Sigh.. I know, maybe I'm just a tragic not ready to give up on them..

So be it , I don't know enough about him to criticise just that we used to be broke and train in substandard facilities, and now we don't and aren't. Whole attitude needs to be on all the club not just one area I get. But the team needs to learn how to win first doesn't it, veterans are showing the way but the kids need to learn how the little things to win games,sure broncos hammered us but that's why they're leading the comp. Sigh.. I know, maybe I'm just a tragic not ready to give up on them..
I just don't know how people are so accepting of failure. He's been in charge for 8 Seasons. When do we pull the pin on this? Is it 12 Seasons? 13? 17 of not playing Finals?
One common denominator, he has no idea how to give us a successful squad. That should be his primary aim. Making the top 8 for profits means Jack shit to me.

I just don't know how people are so accepting of failure. He's been in charge for 8 Seasons. When do we pull the pin on this? Is it 12 Seasons? 13? 17 of not playing Finals?
One common denominator, he has no idea how to give us a successful squad. That should be his primary aim. Making the top 8 for profits means Jack shit to me.
Not accepting failure mate , he's moved us ahead in some areas is all I'm saying, sure maybe it's time he and others have had their time and it's time for fresh blood and new ideas.

In my opinion Magpie its the pathetic coaching....we have very talented recruits that are top notch NRL standard players,we have youth learning and developing...we have a coach who hasnt coached at NRL level for 10 years and a pair of CLUB ICON players that tasted glory early as players but have ABSOLUTELY NO COACHING EXPERIENCE at this level....and we wonder why we cant win games....its great to have a team that can play for each other,support the ball runner,defend the line and score when the forwards put us in the zone by working hard...unfortunately thats the other 16 teams,we are well behind them.....

In my opinion Magpie its the pathetic coaching....we have very talented recruits that are top notch NRL standard players,we have youth learning and developing...we have a coach who hasnt coached at NRL level for 10 years and a pair of CLUB ICON players that tasted glory early as players but have ABSOLUTELY NO COACHING EXPERIENCE at this level....and we wonder why we cant win games....its great to have a team that can play for each other,support the ball runner,defend the line and score when the forwards put us in the zone by working hard...unfortunately thats the other 16 teams,we are well behind them.....

You forgot to mention the other assistant coach we have.

Despite the fact that he has some considerable experience in the coaching area, he also has the distinction of being sacked by his own brother following a player mutiny at Canberra.

I guess our distinguished Board, Chairman and CEO looked at the coaching credentials of all concerned and came to a unanimous decision and declared, "What could possibly go wrong."

In any sport environment, after 10 years of complete failure, even the most passionate fans become apathetic, mentally detached, emotionally drained and sadly disenfranchised.

@jirskyr, by still patiently sitting, waiting for the tide to turn, to me that represents a yielding to your situation, a surrendering. And that kind of patience is no different to the apathy of the disenfranchised fan, and comes close to a taking of your third option (albeit temporarily).
I am not criticising you, it's just a different take on how you express it and deal with the fact that we are all way past losing patience. We have all arrived at the same despondent place and hey, this is group therapy after all :)
I can understand what you are saying, but I'm not giving up, I'm supporting them every week. So it's not the same, for example, as the apathy (which means a lack of interest or concern) as the disenfranchised fan who walks away from the club.

For example, I'm still a paid member. So I am guaranteeing financial supply to the club, which is a form of support, of not giving up. I can appreciate that some people think it is better to support the club by protesting outside the stadium, but that's not for me.

I am also not saying that sitting patiently, waiting for the tide to turn is a terrific option, but I think it's really the only option. I don't think posting aggressive negative pieces on this forum gets anyone anywhere, and certainly doesn't help the club, but I can understand why people need to vent and many people vent differently to me.

Yeah, best to forget the 90's.
Hank it is best we forget more than the 90's most of the 2000's , 2013-2023.

What started with so much to look forward to has turned to crap so quickly. We do not play like a team and the basic fundamentals are poorly executed.

You look at some teams and when they take a tap from a penalty kick to touch their centre hits it up with momentum. We pass it 5 times across the field and lose 10-15 metres. Just dumb football. We cannot see or read an overlap.

It is going to be a very long year

I’ve always been a magpie however the club should bring in Wayne Pearce in some capacity. He’s a success in business and knows the game. Would at least bring some respect amongst players and fans.
Junior is still on the ARLC, so he's not permitted any club involvement.

I can understand what you are saying, but I'm not giving up, I'm supporting them every week. So it's not the same, for example, as the apathy (which means a lack of interest or concern) as the disenfranchised fan who walks away from the club.

For example, I'm still a paid member. So I am guaranteeing financial supply to the club, which is a form of support, of not giving up. I can appreciate that some people think it is better to support the club by protesting outside the stadium, but that's not for me.

I am also not saying that sitting patiently, waiting for the tide to turn is a terrific option, but I think it's really the only option. I don't think posting aggressive negative pieces on this forum gets anyone anywhere, and certainly doesn't help the club, but I can understand why people need to vent and many people vent differently to me.
As a paid member what benefits do you get?
Also do you get to have a say in how the club is run, its direcection, who runs the club?

Exactly. It obviously isn't going to happen overnight getting a little frustrated with peeps saying they want sackings after a shit first few months. But if you look past the errors and stupid penalties given away that the coaches have no say in ...Every body isn't sitting around wanting to lose . Nobody is privy to their plans , long or short term. You can't argue isn't better than last year. And I am liking our forward pack and am disappointed with the pressure put on players we should be behind no matter what. Frustration makes us disappointed but just cos we lost doesn't mean they don't want what's best for the club. I know I've been guilty too, but you've reminded me that there's no point going through all the shit we've gone through as a club to not be there when things get better. Stay united peeps and keep the faith. Please..
"peeps saying they want sackings after a shit first few months."
Few months??? Don't you mean 10+ years!

Back