Penalty Count v eels

hsvjones

I thought it might be fun to have a guess on the penalty count tonight as we won it last week 4-3 for the first time is ages.
last weeks 4-3 win over Broncos was the 1st game in the last 6 we have won.. Due for some luck i say as i really don't believe we are a ill discipline team ..

I think we will lose 9-4 tonight as Refs love the Eels and after they lost last week they will need a lift.

9-2 to eels in first 70 minutes. Then finishing at 10-8 after the game is too far out of reach, to make it look like it was even.

I almost wish they would give Matt Nable a gig in commentary again so I didn’t have to listed to his voice in the promos all week

Maybe we should stop giving away penalties. Every time we play good teams we lose the penalty count fix your discipline

@JoshColeman99 said in [Penalty Count v eels](/post/1188161) said:
Maybe we should stop giving away penalties. Every time we play good teams we lose the penalty count fix your discipline

If penalties were issued to both sides for the same infringements i would agree but they are NOT.8-2 tonight to the perfect team from part of the Sutton mafia

The “6 again” ruck infringement rule is too grey for me. Different refs police it differently, and even the same ref can police it differently in the same game. Also easy to exploit by giving away 6 agains at the start of a set so the tired forwards can reset their line or when the opposition is stuck down their own end

I read that we are 0 wins, 8 losses under Sutton in recent times.

Can the NRL do something about players walking off the mark? There were so many set restarts caused by the Parra players against us because of this.

Don't know if it was my TV or not but all heard all night was Harry Harry Harry dont know if ref Sutton new any other players name out there

@old_man_tiger said in [Penalty Count v eels](/post/1188362) said:
Brown's crusher was actually funny.
Forget the wrestle, we need an acting coach.

He was a disgrace. What a rubbish display to milk a penalty rather than get a quick play the ball by a supposedly tough forward. You're a grub Brown and suit the eels perfectly.

@nrlsurvivor said in [Penalty Count v eels](/post/1187234) said:
9-2 to eels in first 70 minutes. **Then finishing at 10-8 after the game is too far out of reach, to make it look like it was even.**

He didn’t even do that! He doesn’t have to do that anymore because he knows he will get away with it against WT.

Anyone know the six again call ratio? Hard to find any actual stats for that.

It was an absolute joke and he milked a penalty without doubt
He should be suspended for it
We dont want our game do end up like soccer
I can't stand it when players milk penalties

Also at one stage Doueihi wanted to challenge a call and the ref said it was to late
I thought he asked well before the 26 seconds they gave against us in a previous game

What standards do the refs use when refereeing our games

@Cairnstigers said in [Penalty Count v eels](/post/1188487) said:

It was an absolute joke and he milked a penalty without doubt
He should be suspended for it
We dont want our game do end up like soccer
I can't stand it when players milk penalties

Also at one stage Doueihi wanted to challenge a call and the ref said it was to late
I thought he asked well before the 26 seconds they gave against us in a previous game

What standards do the refs use when refereeing our games

When you win a few mate the refs change.
They use expectation to fill the gaps in what they see, like all humans.

It's up to us to change it through performances over a sustained period.

Agree on the diving though, we cop it every week.

@nrlsurvivor said in [Penalty Count v eels](/post/1187234) said:
9-2 to eels in first 70 minutes. Then finishing at 10-8 after the game is too far out of reach, to make it look like it was even.

It happens every week and I’m sick of it

We’re Parra and Souths for that matter perfect ?

It’s a rort 🤬

Back