Penalty to Eels at the end

Tom Shines

Yikes …

A real sliding doors moment there … Gutho, who had his typical great game against the Tigers missed that game winner ., that win today could have a big bearing on the WT season…

But was it the right call for the Penalty to be awarded ? I’m sure we can all remember the Cowboys loss 2 years ago in similar circumstances…

At the end of the day… these are subjective calls getting made by the referee that they seem willing …even eager to award against the Tigers … call me a cynic, but I’m not sure that call is going against the Roosters or Broncos … maybe it’s just me 🤔

Actually thought the ref did quite well despite the lopsided penalty count.

We did give penalties away to give our defence time to regroup.

The penalty you’re talking about probably should have been a weak penalty to us. Bula probably should of milked it more.

However with human refs unfortunately bias is always going to be there until we start winning again regularly.

Well quite simply it wasn't a Parra Penalty. It was a Disruptor attempt to stop Bula from catching the kick. The ref didn't just err he clearly made a crooked decision. - every other day of the week it goes against the Eels player. He could have sent it up to the bunker but chose to stab us in the back!

The penalty you’re talking about probably should have been a weak penalty to us. Bula probably should of milked it more.

However with human refs unfortunately bias is always going to be there until we start winning again regularly.
This is exactly how I saw the game.

I know crook calls win and lose matches for clubs and you can’t send every call upstairs but calls like that should be at least reviewed by the bunker.
The NRL will come out tomorrow and back the ref, but if we had lost it blew up in the press they may have looked at it in a different light.

Bottom line we should never have put ourself in that position for that call to be made. Once we did not regain possession we should have kept clear of the ball and let Parra regain the ball

Well quite simply it wasn't a Parra Penalty. It was a Disruptor attempt to stop Bula from catching the kick.

2 disruptoras, the one on Tupou & Bula in the end...
Pushes away at Papali'i and then grabs Bula smh.
on the other hand thought we could have had one
go to the bin in that 2nd period for the repeated
infringements - they were flopping a bit too, and
probably should have been called 4 offside once
or twice but c'est la vie. Interesting we has a slightly
quicker play the ball. Stats are skewed. So much heart!

Rubbish, ref had a good game??? Are u kidding me?? What about the first disrupter penalty not given to us when penis-ini ran through on Tupou not looking at the ball just throwing his hands in the air to put Tupou off! They just changed the rule this off season, so it should be fresh in their peanut brains. But No they forgot the rules, again!!
Then again at the end on bula same shit different smell!
And of course pawa we’re not offside once that game but us continuously, gee where were we playing again??
Yer ref had a great game?!?

I just watched it very carefully now. Firstly Ice is interfered with, Parra guy has his arm over his shoulder. Bula doesn’t get a clean shot. Ball appears to be knocked out by the Parra player, ball bounces. Silvo touches the ball with his right hand, Ice regathers. Never a penalty to them.

Latest posts

Back