Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move by the government to have both east and west coast submarine bases. We need nuke powered subs like China has.
The latest information on this which confirms Scumo attempted to wedge Labor on nuclear submarines at the expense of National security reaffirms what we know about the PM. He is all about himself. No wonder Albanese confirmed the first call will be to Biden. The US is not concerned about personalities, but policy. This is very disappointing news as an ex serviceman.

The latest information on this which confirms Scumo attempted to wedge Labor on nuclear submarines at the expense of National security reaffirms what we know about the PM. He is all about himself. No wonder Albanese confirmed the first call will be to Biden. The US is not concerned about personalities, but policy. This is very disappointing news as an ex serviceman.
We have given the US some state of the art technology, which China tried to grab from us, but they underestimated the loyalty of Australians.

I read Peter Hartcher's piece in the SMH today regarding AUKUS and thought it was one of the best pieces of journalism I had read in a long time. I think I've emailed a journalist to praise or condemn their writing, maybe twice in 10 years.

I sent him an email congratulating him on the piece and he responded with an "I appreciate it".

No wonder it has become the story of the day. It is so typical of Morrison's approach to the job. He's not about Australia or its people, he's about whatever small, political advantage he can eke out - whatever the cost.

The response to the Chinese vessel was demonstrative of this. Given we’re in caretaker mode a week out from an election, you’d think Voldemort would brief Labor. Nope, his first thought was a press conference to talk about a ship doing nothing illegal that’s been there at least a week. There is nothing these people won’t tear down or politicise for some votes.

The response to the Chinese vessel was demonstrative of this. Given we’re in caretaker mode a week out from an election, you’d think Voldemort would brief Labor. Nope, his first thought was a press conference to talk about a ship doing nothing illegal that’s been there at least a week. There is nothing these people won’t tear down or politicise for some votes.
According to the polls he will lose so I wouldn't worry... I'm sure the polls are right ...

I just walked the dogs and listened to RN on the way around the golf course. If ever you want to listen to an inspirational person, look up "Conversations" (which I thought was done by Richard Fidler but now has a new presenter).

A woman some years ago set up a school in Tanzania - amazing radio and I reckon if you google RN Conversations St Judes Tanzania you might find it.

Worth it. Promise.
💯 agree @Mac
Believe it or not I often wake up to RN.
And been listening to Conversations when I can for many years now.
Richard Fidler...what a great voice for radio.

Beautiful day of rugby at Tuggerah complex today and I tried to catch people's voting positions and thoughts on the candidates in my own little survey. The guys comments were about even. Amongst the women though, thoughts were predominantly anti Morrison and some agreement on a "classic abusive partner" comment. One describing it as creepily familiar.

To paraphrase; 'Creepy. The type that seeks and preys on our insecurities, then separates us or into thinking that you are not worthy and needing his protection. Then when you have finally had enough, he turns to beg forgiveness for the terrible person he has been and is going to change now. Please, please stay with me, I promise that I will be better.'

He might have gotten a few votes back in his personal begging to the electorate yesterday, but most of the women that I heard from saw straight through him. A small anecdotal sample, but he certainly isn’t winning the marginal Dobell based on that.

You and @Cobarcats may have a lot in common, both being returned ex serviceman.

hear on the grape vine,ex nam are getting back payed pension payments soon,thanks guys,actually been filtering throught the system last 2 years,dont miss out,it was part of the deal.sorry godbless

Beautiful day of rugby at Tuggerah complex today and I tried to catch people's voting positions and thoughts on the candidates in my own little survey. The guys comments were about even. Amongst the women though, thoughts were predominantly anti Morrison and some agreement on a "classic abusive partner" comment. One describing it as creepily familiar.

To paraphrase; 'Creepy. The type that seeks and preys on our insecurities, then separates us or into thinking that you are not worthy and needing his protection. Then when you have finally had enough, he turns to beg forgiveness for the terrible person he has been and is going to change now. Please, please stay with me, I promise that I will be better.'

He might have gotten a few votes back in his personal begging to the electorate yesterday, but most of the women that I heard from saw straight through him. A small anecdotal sample, but he certainly isn’t winning the marginal Dobell based on that.
how is Hornsby n Kariong travelling in all grades,bet Hornsby died on the vine.Kariong only won 3 games over 3 grades in 3 years when they started.lol ooooooo well.

how is Hornsby n Kariong travelling in all grades,bet Hornsby died on the vine.Kariong only won 3 games over 3 grades in 3 years when they started.lol ooooooo well.
No idea, as Hornsby would be in a Sydney competition and cannot recall seeing a Kariong team on our game days.

An interesting article from the Guardian on how a minor amendment by Labor to legislation in the Senate will result in the upgrade of 3.5m premises to fibre to the house if a new Govt is elected.

"I’m all for an integrity commission, I would welcome it, but it must be the right model."

No prize for guessing this is Josh Fydenburg. Does the right model involve not holding Govt accountable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back