Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
@stryker said:
@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:
Politics in this country is an embarrassment. How many times are we gonna see some greedy self obsessed mongrel take the prime minister ship by force?

Yes but when it is a massive step up from the last bloke you can live with it

Garbage Turnbull is a nuffie. Weak as water.

And Tony was a political heavyweight :laughing:

5 Pm's in 5 years we can all make jokes but reality is this country is in a very poor situation..and when the bad guys come I am sure there will be a lot of reflection.

@stryker said:
Politics in this country is an embarrassment. How many times are we gonna see some greedy self obsessed mongrel take the prime minister ship by force?

Totally agree its worse than Days of our Lives.
Talk about the young generation having no respect!We have thrown that out the door.

Should have a law that when the people vote in a party and its leader they need to stay Prime Minister at least 2/3 of the time after that the pollies can turn a mutiny….

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

There has to be none compulsory voting and no preferences first past the post ..why bother voting any way for anyone ,they just get thrown out with the bathwater at any time .

PMs are starting to be like coaches in the NRL,get them in and praise the hell out of them,as soon as something doesn't suit the majority,get rid of them…it's all about the stigma and how well you impress the fold,don't impress them and out you go....

The way of the world at the moment...vote them in,or hire them,but the minute things don't suit the throng,even though the PM or coach is doing his best with what he has,backstab or whiteant them......way to go .....

@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:
@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:

I never said that…I said Turnbull is a nuffie who is as weak as water.

@stryker said:
@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:
@stryker said:

\
\
I guess we'll all find out over the next twelve months or so. At least Turnbull seems to have half a brain, which is a vast improvement already :laughing:

Confucius say, "Man who go to bed with political aspirations, wake up with job in hand!"

@stryker said:
@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:
[]

@stryker said:

No doubt Tony impressed you in his red cozzie Stryker

I'll repeat what I said last night

Many Australians should of slept a lot easier last night , finally another PM that actually understands the economy

A massive call by Julie Bishop yesterday also

Shorten will be gone by Xmas also

Why on earth would shorten be gone by Xmas ? He isn't a liberal …and he isn't ninkumpoop like Abbott

@Rambo2714 said:
Why on earth would shorten be gone by Xmas ? He isn't a liberal …and he isn't ninkumpoop like Abbott

Watch the polls Rambo

His popularity will drop like a stone and Labour won't have a choice

So much for the people of Australia voting for there Leader , these guys do what they want .

They (Liberal) 1st bagged the Labor party with them changing the Prime Minister ( Julia Gillard ) before any Elections , bunch of Hypocrites and look at what they have done themselves .
Democratic ? pigs arse.
Tony Abbott was the biggest joke this Nation has ever seen .

Shorten will be shaking in his boots - the only thing keeping him in the job until now was the fact Abbott was slightly more unpopular than him.
They must have been the two most unpopular leaders of their respective parties at the same time - ever.
He's shown he's got nothing.
Think Albanese might finally get the top job for Labor - at least he's relatively likeable (until you discover he's a Souths tragic)

@happy tiger said:
@Rambo2714 said:

Watch the polls Rambo

His popularity will drop like a stone and Labour won't have a choice

Xmas probably a tad early

Definitely gone by the next election

@foreveratiger said:
So much for the people of Australia voting for there Leader , these guys do what they want .

They (Liberal) 1st bagged the Labor party with them changing the Prime Minister ( Julia Gillard ) before any Elections , bunch of Hypocrites and look at what they have done themselves .
Democratic ? pigs arse.
Tony Abbott was the biggest joke this Nation has ever seen .

I had upwards of 15-20 people state the same concern yesterday. It's obvious a majority of Australians want the right to vote for who is our PM/Leader. The perception is we do, but the reality is we only vote for our local representative. I remember the outcry by many when Abbott got elected "I didn't vote for him". The frustration on their faces when I told them unless you were in his electorate, you didn't was priceless.

Without knowing 100% what it will take to make this happen, hopefully it happens before I'm dead!

@cktiger said:
Shorten will be shaking in his boots - the only thing keeping him in the job until now was the fact Abbott was slightly more unpopular than him.
They must have been the two most unpopular leaders of their respective parties at the same time - ever.
He's shown he's got nothing.
Think Albanese might finally get the top job for Labor - at least he's relatively likeable (until you discover he's a Souths tragic)

Agreed… The real problem is they don't seem to have a solid leader. Shorting is a war-time leader, not PM material [much like Abbott].

Alba looks most likely the internal ALP alternative, but I can't see how the majority of Australians would agree. That Plebysack bird looks more likable by the Australian public, but will the boys club at ALP headquarters trust a chick again so soon after the Quail?

@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:
@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:

Abbott was a political heavyweight. His work as a soldier within the Liberal Party over the past 20 years shouldn't be scoffed at.

While he wasn't a popular PM [and will be judged harshly forever], people like Abbott shaped and positioned our nation from behind the scenes wonderfully!

I thought Monday summarised Abbott's time as PM.

Turnbull provided a strong statement criticising Abbott that he has not provided a good economic narrative and uses slogans.

A credible PM would have responded at the press conference rebutting the claims of Turnbull. Something like, "I categorically disagree with Mr Turnbull, we are repairing the budget, maintaining growth and investing for productivity….."

No, Tony Abbott's rebuttal was to say, "we are not the Labor Party......let me repeat that, we are not the Labor party."

Awful.

@Tiger Watto said:
@happy tiger said:
@stryker said:
@stryker said:

Abbott was a political heavyweight. His work as a soldier within the Liberal Party over the past 20 years shouldn't be scoffed at.

While he wasn't a popular PM [and will be judged harshly forever], people like Abbott shaped and positioned our nation from behind the scenes wonderfully!

Abbott only strength as a politician was he was good when you are in opposition

But the idea is to not be in opposition Watto :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back