Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds

@elderslie_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513407) said:
Here's a left field thought people are saying Stadium Australia lacks atmosphere due to lack of crowds as we know Events are not cheap to attend these days and a lot of families have to keep a eye on their budget the club should seriously look at reducing the price of entry to SA to make it attractive for people to attended which could inturn double the size of the crowd the area behind the in goals are normally fairly empty these could be be offered at a good discount

Yep. If they slash tickets to $10 each and get as many people in as possible you make the money back on the sale of food and drinks. I’m sure someone has done the maths and worked out why that wouldn’t work but it’s worth a shot.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513412) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513407) said:
Here's a left field thought people are saying Stadium Australia lacks atmosphere due to lack of crowds as we know Events are not cheap to attend these days and a lot of families have to keep a eye on their budget the club should seriously look at reducing the price of entry to SA to make it attractive for people to attended which could inturn double the size of the crowd the area behind the in goals are normally fairly empty these could be be offered at a good discount

Yep. If they slash tickets to $10 each and get as many people in as possible you make the money back on the sale of food and drinks. I’m sure someone has done the maths and worked out why that wouldn’t work but it’s worth a shot.

If you can sell 5000 to 10000 seats for $10 that's $50k upwards where you would normally get nothing for them.They could put a cindition that seats have to be purchased on line with no walk up sales for the discounted seats easy money.

@elderslie_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513429) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513412) said:

If you can sell 5000 to 10000 seats for $10 that's $50k upwards where you would normally get nothing for them.They could put a cindition that seats have to be purchased on line with no walk up sales for the discounted seats easy money.

Yeah but they are losing money on the other tickets. Say an average ticket costs $40 and an average crowd is 15000 that’s $600000 so you’d have to sell 60000seats to get the same money.

I guess I just answered my own question as to why they don’t do it.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513440) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513429) said:

Yeah but they are losing money on the other tickets. Say an average ticket costs $40 and an average crowd is 15000 that’s $600000 so you’d have to sell 60000seats to get the same money.

I guess I just answered my own question as to why they don’t do it.

The discount tickets would only apply to the area behind the in goals the better seating would remain the same just a promotion to get more people to the game and create a better atmosphere

@diedpretty said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1512053) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1512041) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1512032) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1511989) said:
if they upgrade LO and have the COE at Concord I think it will be more than 3 games a year played at LO
CSS 4 games
1 Tamworth
remainder at LO

That won’t happen. They couldn’t afford to do that for corporate reasons

if they upgrade LO they can

Never said an upgrade of the ground - only mentioned the facilities which suggests some minor funding to get the basics up to scratch.

I know for a fact that at least one of our major sponsors prefers LO to any of our other home grounds.

@sabre said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513481) said:
@diedpretty said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1512053) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1512041) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1512032) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1511989) said:
if they upgrade LO and have the COE at Concord I think it will be more than 3 games a year played at LO
CSS 4 games
1 Tamworth
remainder at LO

Never said an upgrade of the ground - only mentioned the facilities which suggests some minor funding to get the basics up to scratch.

I know for a fact that at least one of our major sponsors prefers LO to any of our other home grounds.

Major sponsors come and go

@papacito said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513411) said:
While not impossible, I'd be surprised to see any development of Leichhardt Oval.

I personally know an influential councillor who absolutely despises footy.

Then he is not much of a councillor - it is what his constituents want, not what he wants or likes.

The more things change, the more Leichhardt Council stays the same.

i.e. they have stayed in 1957.

Oh cmon, this is an old ruse.

"vote for me, I am pro football". See I back your local ground. Vote for me.

I love Black Mirror and one of the most panned episodes is "the Waldo moment" IMHO I reckon it's near one of the best. really insightful how voters can fall for cheap tricks.

This is just silly and cheap.

@crazycat said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513832) said:

I love Black Mirror and one of the most panned episodes is "the Waldo moment" IMHO I reckon it's near one of the best. really insightful how voters can fall for cheap tricks.

In the Shire, Morrison appears to be so on the nose even the State Liberals refer to themselves as "Shire Liberals". One candidate is Carol Provan. I wonder if she is related to Peter Provan?

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513834) said:
@crazycat said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513832) said:

In the Shire, Morrison appears to be so on the nose even the State Liberals refer to themselves as "Shire Liberals". One candidate is Carol Provan. I wonder if she is related to Peter Provan?

Many liberals in my electorate (very safe) are very disappointed in Scamo,as one of them said "He is all show and no go".My seat will not change hands next year but there will definately be a protest vote due to him not only ignoring the climate but still actively pushing coal production.
The seat next to me booted out Abbott at the last election.My local member is much more centre oriented (Falinski) than Scamo and his cabinet

I saw the new plans for the L.O dunny on FB.

![618875DC-173C-4BBE-8B21-F2DDC2C76B27.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1640726903173-618875dc-173c-4bbe-8b21-f2ddc2c76b27.jpeg)

@sabre said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1513481) said:
CSS 4 games
1 Tamworth
remainder at LO

LO would be a dream come true.

@tigerwould said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1519242) said:

![618875DC-173C-4BBE-8B21-F2DDC2C76B27.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1640726903173-618875dc-173c-4bbe-8b21-f2ddc2c76b27.jpeg)

Is it a glass roof?

@tony-soprano said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1519243) said:
CSS 4 games
1 Tamworth
remainder at LO

LO would be a dream come true.

Nightmare you mean.

@harvey said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1519258) said:
@tigerwould said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1519242) said:

Is it a glass roof?

That'll bring the crowds back ??????[link text](link url)

@elderslie_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1519318) said:
@harvey said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1519258) said:

Is it a glass roof?

That'll bring the crowds back ??????[link text](link url)

That toilet should be heritage listed and no renos should take place.

Is it a glass roof?

Doesn’t look like it. Looks like fans will be able to stand on the toilet roof and watch the game.

Latest posts

Back