Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers

@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506096) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506090) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506086) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506054) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506012) said:
@russell said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505875) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1369074) said:
Wests ashfield should sack themselves. Bring back big bad Benny.

Imagine you have just got "The BIGGEST DOWNVOTE" in WTF History!!!

Get over your downvote.

If the club proceeded with pascoes and hartigan plans i would of preferred a bomb to blow the place up rather than those two.

Thank God Lee came to his senses.

Isn't Pascoe still there? Did I miss something?

Happy with hartigan gone.

And, you're happy that Maguire's still there?

Yes, don't think he's the issue, we'll see this year.v still glad sheens is there to help him too tho he needs it.

Evidence of an appropriate game plan would be nice.

@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506085) said:
@finesttigers said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506050) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506039) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506023) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506012) said:
@russell said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505875) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1369074) said:

Get over your downvote.

If the club proceeded with pascoes and hartigan plans i would of preferred a bomb to blow the place up rather than those two.

What were those plans?

Good question keep losing and protect your job

I'm pretty sure that Tony meant one of these bombs.
![IMG_20211115_182807.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1636961399163-img_20211115_182807.jpg)

I love the strong sense of WT passion Tony?

Haha, yes, figure of speech.

I really think the brain trust was on a ticket to nowhere this year and personally would of seriously given up I think, as you have to remember it really appeared hartigan and pascoe were really angeling to fire madge to give themselves some more time in the job. They were the ones that were "leading" the review.

Not sure how pascoe has survived.

But I've got a new sense of optimism with sheens and his crew back at the club.

Really happy with the boards decision to make sheens the boss and will back the club all the way again including membership.

Well said Tony?

@cktiger said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505937) said:
@jadtiger said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505925) said:
@cktiger said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505896) said:
@finesttigers said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505886) said:
@tigertownsfs said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1505858) said:
What an absolute powerhouse South’s are and what a great ownership model.

‘Humbled’ tech billionaire Cannon-Brookes buys stake in Rabbitohs
Adam Pengilly
By Adam Pengilly
November 15, 2021 — 7.36am

Billionaire tech guru Mike Cannon-Brookes has joined Russell Crowe and James Packer as a co-owner of the Rabbitohs after buying a stake in the NRL club.

I wouldn't count this as a smart business investment i would count it as a philanthropic decision, in terms of business and the future of the rabbitohs region, their region will always be stagnant with an aging population,

If it was a business investment choice between the rabbits or the WT, A smart businessman would invest in the WT without even thinking twice,

The rabbitohs should be very grateful to have found another philanthropist.

Thankful they’ve found another idiot.
Must be big money to be made from a fan base of the brainless and toothless.

Not if you make toothpaste

Toothpaste was invented by a South’s supporter… that’s why it’s not called teethpaste.

That is pure gold

@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506103) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506102) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506096) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506090) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506086) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506054) said:

Get over your downvote.

Yes, don't think he's the issue, we'll see this year.v still glad sheens is there to help him too tho he needs it.

No doubt the "evidence" will be based on results, so in terms of game plan, what are the 5 key areas that need to be different in 2022, in your opinion? By all means, offer more than 5 if you have more to enlighten us.

1. Appropriate defensive structures, where we actually move up off the line and hit in defence.

2. No more passive defence where we catch and hold in an attempt to slow the play the ball, that is an outdated tactic as the game is now won in the collision and not the play the ball.

3. Defenders making decisions that show that defensive structure have been taught, too many times we have a player rushing in while another stays out. Players weren't making the same decisions.

4. Forwards that actually run onto the ball and hit the line with impact, our forwards push out metres but we don't bend the line or win the collision with the ball. Some of this is a recruitment issue.

5. Attacking plays that take advantage of our strengths, we had Roberts playing last year and we never gave him early ball with room to even find out if he still has an ability to beat his man.

6. Tactical kicking, things like kicking our attacking bombs to Maumalo to take advantage of his heigh, a bit more variety then bombing from 50 mtrs out.

Really what I would like to see is us play hard and fast through the middle with players that can win the collision, that draws the 6 again penalties and gets the opposition on the backfoot which allows speed halves to attack a disorganised defence. We play to soft and too slow.

I hope this passes your approval.

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506102) said:

Get over your downvote.

Or just show up and rip in like they did maybe once last year (v Souths)

@bagnf05 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506111) said:

Get over your downvote.

A big part of it is aggression mate, so much of the game is won in the collision in the current game and we just don't compete in that area. That Souths game we did and it was a massive difference. A couple of second rowers that hit the line hard and hit in defence would make a massive difference. I still think our game plans were much too passive.

@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506118) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506109) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506103) said:

Get over your downvote.

No doubt the "evidence" will be based on results, so in terms of game plan, what are the 5 key areas that need to be different in 2022, in your opinion? By all means, offer more than 5 if you have more to enlighten us.

1. Appropriate defensive structures, where we actually move up off the line and hit in defence.

2. No more passive defence where we catch and hold in an attempt to slow the play the ball, that is an outdated tactic as the game is now won in the collision and not the play the ball.

3. Defenders making decisions that show that defensive structure have been taught, too many times we have a player rushing in while another stays out. Players weren't making the same decisions.

4. Forwards that actually run onto the ball and hit the line with impact, our forwards push out metres but we don't bend the line or win the collision with the ball. Some of this is a recruitment issue.

5. Attacking plays that take advantage of our strengths, we had Roberts playing last year and we never gave him early ball with room to even find out if he still has an ability to beat his man.

6. Tactical kicking, things like kicking our attacking bombs to Maumalo to take advantage of his heigh, a bit more variety then bombing from 50 mtrs out.

Really what I would like to see is us play hard and fast through the middle with players that can win the collision, that draws the 6 again penalties and gets the opposition on the backfoot which allows speed halves to attack a disorganised defence. We play to soft and too slow.

Passes my approval? It's amazing.

Do you think that Maguire just didn't coach this stuff or perhaps that we just didn't have the calibre of players to carry it out?

I think it is a combination of both, in the forwards we really lack the impactful type player, the collision is so important now and our defence was just so passive I have to believe it was being coached. 5 or 6 years ago sides were catching attacking players, allowing defensive lines to set and then dropping the attacker to the ground late. this still happens a lot in the NRL but it was our primary tactic to winning the ruck and it gives away a lot of 6 again calls. The better teams try to win the collision now, it is not so much about the wrestle but more about that 1st contact and we lose that in both attack and defence.

Our forward pack is definitely poorly balanced with too many players that push out good numbers but don't have any impact on the defensive line. The good teams have 2 or 3 high impact forwards that play through the middle, we have 0.5 in Mikaele.

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506112) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506111) said:

Get over your downvote.

A big part of it is aggression mate, so much of the game is won in the collision in the current game and we just don't compete in that area. That Souths game we did and it was a massive difference. A couple of second rowers that hit the line hard and hit in defence would make a massive difference. I still think our game plans were much too passive.

I honestly couldn’t see Madge coaching an NRL side to defend that meekly. Clearly there’s an element of the group that don’t rate his style and didn’t play for him. To me that’s just unprofessional and I hope those guys are being shown the door asap.

@bagnf05 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506133) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506112) said:

Get over your downvote.

I honestly couldn’t see Madge coaching an NRL side to defend that meekly. Clearly there’s an element of the group that don’t rate his style and didn’t play for him. To me that’s just unprofessional and I hope those guys are being shown the door asap.

There is just too many of them that defend the same way mate, I 100% concede we need a couple of guys that go out there and belt the opposition just for the fun of it but we were catching the attacking players and holding them up for most of the season.

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506109) said:

Get over your downvote.

We need to know how to get into and stay in an arm wrestle. By that I mean use Madges existing tactics but do it right. Hand the ball over 5m out from the try line rather than kicking it dead or into opposition legs. Then defend your backside off and don’t miss tackles. Do that over and over and over and don’t be the first team to cave to pressure. Force them into ill discipline with commitment at the collisions and relentless pressure. The tactics are good, the execution in defense and with our ball handling, and effort areas are abysmal.

@tiger-tragic said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506101) said:

Get over your downvote.

I'm also happy Maguire is still there. Not so much Sheens or McDonnell or Marshall though. Back to the future stuff.

With the whole harigan not returning phone call saga and I think McDonnell net cast a lot wider with the qld young guys they've brought in makes me think McDonnell is a better operator.

Get over your downvote.

Yes he's team selections and some other stuff can be questionable but u know he's heart is with the cause

@bagnf05 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506140) said:

Get over your downvote.

We need to know how to get into and stay in an arm wrestle. By that I mean use Madges existing tactics but do it right. Hand the ball over 5m out from the try line rather than kicking it dead or into opposition legs. Then defend your backside off and don’t miss tackles. Do that over and over and over and don’t be the first team to cave to pressure. Force them into ill discipline with relentless pressure. The tactics are good, the execution in defense and with our ball handling is abysmal.

We need a lot more intensity through the middle, we need to win the collision in defence otherwise the better teams will just roll straight through us and start drawing 6 agains and we can't defend repeat sets.

The poor defensive reads by our 2nd rowers, halves and outside backs need to be improved and at least have them defending as a unit.

@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506144) said:

Get over your downvote.

Yes he's team selections and some other stuff can be questionable but u know he's heart is with the cause

I would never question is commitment to the club, I am not sure he has it in him to win in the modern game. I am fully backing him though as the club has made the decision to run with him again and him being successful is the only chance we have of success.

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506147) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506144) said:

Get over your downvote.

I would never question is commitment to the club, I am not sure he has it in him to win in the modern game. I am fully backing him though as the club has made the decision to run with him again and him being successful is the only chance we have of success.

4 sure, next year is huge 4 him hoping something clicks for him.

With Mitchell Pearce no longer in the NRL and rumours Wayne Pearce's time at the NRL commission coming to an end - I'd be trying to get Wayne to join the board of wests tigers. Knows his footy, has coached, worked for NRL - club legend etc etc

Believe Balmain only have 1 spot on board currently - either give him that one or let him be an independent. Surely best interest for everybody to have him involved

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506145) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1506140) said:

Get over your downvote.

We need to know how to get into and stay in an arm wrestle. By that I mean use Madges existing tactics but do it right. Hand the ball over 5m out from the try line rather than kicking it dead or into opposition legs. Then defend your backside off and don’t miss tackles. Do that over and over and over and don’t be the first team to cave to pressure. Force them into ill discipline with relentless pressure. The tactics are good, the execution in defense and with our ball handling is abysmal.

We need a lot more intensity through the middle, we need to win the collision in defence otherwise the better teams will just roll straight through us and start drawing 6 agains and we can't defend repeat sets.

The poor defensive reads by our 2nd rowers, halves and outside backs need to be improved and at least have them defending as a unit.

I agree with this. IMO we’re asking too much of a 21yo kid with a big future when you look at the best forward packs in the Comp. This is where our recruiting has been awful. We’re a 3/10 forward pack up against 9/10’s. Look at the improvement we showed when we had a class back rower in Matto.

Back