RoarFEED (iPhone/iPod App) Development Thread

just a question about the app…. I cant comment on the forum posts... I am logged in and stuff
is there a special way to do it.... or maybe I am doing something wrong?

@wadeburger said:
just a question about the app…. I cant comment on the forum posts... I am logged in and stuff
is there a special way to do it.... or maybe I am doing something wrong?

- Turn the app off completely (hold done the home button, then kill RoarFEED from the status bar)
- Start RoarFEED
- click "Login" (if already logged in, log out)
- log in using your forum account details. It should say "successfully logged in"
- go back to the home page, then click "Forum"
- find a thread to post in, open it up
- click "Reply" at the top right of the screen

do you get that far? If not, let me know.

Hi Kul

Not sure if this has been commented on but Is it possible to put in a 'pull down to refresh page' option? Generally you have to click 'back' and select the thread again to view recent posts. Not a biggie but thought it would be helpful.

for those interested:

comScore today released a new report detailing its new metric for tracking web traffic by device and connection type. According to the data, Apple's iPad was responsible for 89% of worldwide tablet traffic in May, continuing to dominate the market it defined last year.

The iPad is currently the dominant tablet device across all geographies, contributing more than 89 percent of tablet traffic across all markets. The iPad's contribution to total non-computer device traffic is highest in Canada (33.5 percent). Brazil has the second highest non-computer device share of traffic coming from the iPad at 31.8 percent, although non-computer devices account for less than 1 percent of total traffic in the country. In Singapore, where non-computer devices comprise nearly 6 percent of total traffic, the iPad accounts for 26.2 percent of this traffic.
Calculations on comScore's data for share of non-computer traffic in the United States peg the iPad at a nearly 97% share, with Android taking nearly all of the rest of the market.

![](http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/06/comscore_non-computer_traffic_may11-500x313.jpg)

For those interested, the next update to RoarFEED removes a lot of the in-app ads
:smiley:

yay for no ads!

It does sound great, Shame Im on a Blackberry Torch using Opera Mini.

Are there any other suggestions to make my access of this blessed Website easier via my mobile?

Using it now , working great :slight_smile:
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Spartan117 said:
It does sound great, Shame Im on a Blackberry Torch using Opera Mini.

Are there any other suggestions to make my access of this blessed Website easier via my mobile?

http://roarfeediphone.weststigersforum.com/

Been around since the old site…. :sunglasses:

hi guys, really appreciate the app, it has fast become my most used app on my iphone.

the 1 thing i would like to see added, and im unsure if it has been mentioned already i only read the first and last page, or if its possible, is the view your posts link we have on the web version.

Whenever i click a link in a post to another post/thread it opens in the normal, website view.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

The only thing I would like to see added is that the app rotates. I use an Ipad in a case with a keyboard and it sits portrait … Any chance of making it flip ?

Also it said it costs $4.99 on itunes ... I dont mind paying but it says its free everywhere else

Anyone else having problems with the forum not loading on the iphone app. Everything else seems to work fine. Have deleted the app and re installed it a few times with no success.

@White Tiger said:
Anyone else having problems with the forum not loading on the iphone app. Everything else seems to work fine. Have deleted the app and re installed it a few times with no success.

i was just about to post about this… i have reset my phone, reset the app, deleted and re-installed, logged in and logged off... then i remembered that i wasn't logged on outside of the app (e.g. on my laptop). I just logged in then and checked the app, bingo! working. so try that... not sure if that is why or not?

@scott2478 said:
@White Tiger said:

i was just about to post about this… i have reset my phone, reset the app, deleted and re-installed, logged in and logged off... then i remembered that i wasn't logged on outside of the app (e.g. on my laptop). I just logged in then and checked the app, bingo! working. so try that... not sure if that is why or not?

Yeah it's working now..It automatically started working late this arvo. I did though however visit the site from my computer to post previously, so logging in may have also helped as you suggested..

Latest posts

Back