RoarFEED (iPhone/iPod App) Development Thread

A couple of dating ads have started appearing.
I've emailed the agency and told them to remove them ASAP'
apologies for any problems

When you click a link on the app, is there any chance you could modify it to pop up in safari rather then the apps browser please?

the fundamental architecture of the app needs to be changed in order to do that.
With the season almost over it's not worth rushing it out now, but I've already laid down the bare bones for RoarFEED 2012\. It will be cleaner, faster and have many bugs like this fixed.

Well the season is over for us so I'm going to start to work on RoarFEED 2012.
The next version will be started from scratch and will hopefully resolve the bugs that people noticed. I'll also be building an Android version.

So with all that in mind it's time to ask you all for feature requests! What do you want the app to do?
One area i'll be focusing on is getting more forum functionality like PM's, etc.

Can you please fix the bug when you sign in , you can't see the forum board index..

RoarFEED 2012 is almost ready to be released.

havn't submitted it to apple yet, but i recon it should be uploaded by Friday or Saturday. Takes about 5 days from there. Will keep everyone posted.

Is there an option for an iPad version using the greater screen size? I know I can streach the iphone version but was just wondering if this was an option?

GOOD NEWS:
I just uploaded the latest version of RoarFEED to apple. It should take between 3-7 days to be approved.

NOT-SO GOOD NEWS:
I had to essentially create a "new app" called RoarFEED in order to make this latest version compatible with the current App Store. I was going to have to do this one day, so I bit the bullet and did it today.
It will probably mean that you will have to delete RoarFEED off your phone then re-install it from the App Store instead of being just a standard update. Sorry.

I'll post instructions once the app is approved and is on the app-store

oh and i'll get started on an Android version tonight

yay! anyone know a good take-away coffee place open late?

So i've spent a few hours tonight trying to get my head around Android programing….

if anyone knows anyone who can offer advice then it would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Hey kul,
I have just been looking for the new app in apple. Is it up yet?
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Thanks for the reply. Could you put it in the main west tigers feed when it is? Cheers
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

just got the call from Apple

RoarFEED 2012 is LIVE

i'll post instructions now, but you should do the following:

1) DELETE your current version or RoarFEED from your device
2) search for "RoarFEED" in the app store and re-download it
3) start using it

again, sorry about this process. It's hard to explain why it must be done, just that it must

@Kul said:

RoarFEED 2012 is LIVE

3) start using it

again, sorry about this process. It's hard to explain why it must be done, just that it must

Kul.
have done the above,unable to get new app.Telling me that "iphone not compatable" My phone is a iphone 3g( software4.2.1) the old site worked great.The new site downloads to my itunes but wont download to my iphone.

It supports 4.0 onwards

have you jailbroken your phone?

@The Phantom said:
@Kul said:

RoarFEED 2012 is LIVE

3) start using it

Kul.
have done the above,unable to get new app.Telling me that "iphone not compatable" My phone is a iphone 3g( software4.2.1) the old site worked great.The new site downloads to my itunes but wont download to my iphone.

I have the exact same senario as The Phantom, and my phone isn't jailbroken. Any chance of a fix? Cheers.

Back