Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

Just an observation. There have no leaks at WT since the Potter saga. Suddenly there is one just before an official WT announcement. Coincidence?

No concerns from me re Farah going ,we look much better team with Cherrington running the ruck.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
The 1.2 million dollars that we are going to pay the two under performing halves next year, could also be spent better as well but no. We'll keep them no matter how bad they play, along with Lovett and Sirro.

Pretty simple, Brooks, Moses, Sironen and Lovett are more likely to have their best game in front of them, whereas Farah's best match is blatantly behind him. Further, these young players will be under as much pressure as anyone to perform in years to come.

Pressure to perform, in this club, where have you been hiding this year,
No one among "the chosen ones" would know what pressure is, when a club hands out gauranteed positions to players, their credibility is zero
And you are probably wrong about Farahs best game being behind him.
It will probably be ahead in any game against us.

@barra said:
@foreveratiger said:
Yeah i agree League is a Business i get all that…..but the lack of respect shown to **players like Farah , Lawrence and Galloway when still having Contracts with us to now being asked they can look elsewhere won't sit well with some players in our current side .
Just don't cry if in 2 years players like Brooks , Moses and Tedesco leave to other Clubs ? why be loyal it's Business right ? that is exactly how i would be treating it if i was Brooks , Moses or Teddy.**

I'm not disagreeing with anyone that Farah , Lawrence and Galloway are way past it but don't blame them for there Contracts that were signed for whatever amount of money it was or the amount of years that were offered to them .

So no one have a whinge next year when Taupau announces he has signed with another Club cause it's a Business right ? that is the message our Club is trying to tell us all , don't get sentiments with players it's a Business.

FT I understand what you are saying but I think that without any inside knowledge it's wasted time and energy trying to interpret what the other players are thinking. The club may well have sat them down already and talked to them about it. Who knows.

Not trying to single you out mate, your comments are similar to others before you in the thread.

No of course i'm only speculating….but if you were Brooks , Moses , Teddy , Nofo etc and had a desire to be a one Club player ? you can't tell me you wouldn't be thinking twice about your next Contract when the Club is clearly demonstrating a lack of ability in honouring on going players Contracts.
Of course it's wasted energy trying to interpret what players might be thinking cause we know nothing .
The Club sitting them down and talked to them about what though ? that they can't honour Player Contracts ?
There were whispers at the start of the year that Nofo was free to look elsewhere .

Anyway you can't have it both ways i totally understand what the Club is trying to do .

@goldcoast tiger said:
No one among "the chosen ones" would know what pressure is, when a club hands out gauranteed positions to players, their credibility is zero.

…but they have just moved on an under performing player (relative to contract)?

@NT Tiger said:
Just an observation. There have no leaks at WT since the Potter saga. Suddenly there is one just before an official WT announcement. Coincidence?

Probably from Go,
She has trouble controlling what she says at times

@goldcoast tiger said:
…......No one among "the chosen ones" would know what pressure is, when a club hands out gauranteed positions to players, their credibility is zero...........

Hmm let's examine this. Seems to me this is exactly what the club is dealing with and the forum is discussing now. The biggest "chosen one" has been given an opportunity to reassess his options.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
No one among "the chosen ones" would know what pressure is, when a club hands out gauranteed positions to players, their credibility is zero.

…but they have just moved on an under performing player (relative to contract)?[/quote

Then let's see them move on All the rest of the under performing players too . All we'd have left would be Teddy , Halateau, and Simona

So the Mole has reported in RLW that Farah is a good chance to end up at Souths and talk of a possible player swap with McQueen coming to Tigers. Pure speculation of course.

@goldcoast tiger said:
Then let's see them move on All the rest of the under performing players too . All we'd have left would be Teddy , Halateau, and Simona

It's like any business. Retrenching the young "average" analyst is not going to help your bottom line.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@westTAHger said:
A **hard decision** has been made by wests-tigers.
As a supporter whether you like it or not a decision has been made.
We do not know what goes on behind the scenes at Concord.

Bottom line it appears to be a business decision, and wests-tigers will constantly judged / come under a lot of scrutiny to see if it was the correct one or not.

Exactly. You don't move a club legend on a whim. I'm willing to bet this decision was laboured over for a while.

I have faith that the decision was made with some recruitment decisions in mind.

You have faith in Taylor and this board, after they retained Lovettand the rest of this years debacle,
You've got to be kidding

We aren't paying Lovett nearly a million dollars a year. He's a kid still developing who has been thrown into first grade too early.

When an employee is earning his money - The staff around him are happier, The bosses are happier which in turn keeps the employee happy.

Robbie isn't ticking any of these boxes…

ps: Everyone saying how are Teddy, Brooks and Moses gonna feel about being loyal to the club in 2 years when they could also get shafted. (Which, If they're earning their keep they won't need to worry about)

BUT!!

How are they gonna feel when they're carrying and outplaying their captain (Who's getting paid twice as much as them) Everyone else is talking about how good he was 10 years ago, And He himself only gives a rats arse about the 3 origin games a year, And (At that point) has done for the last 5 years.

Why would they want to be around for that???

Best thing to happen to the club in 100 years... If we were paying players on passion, blood and guts spilled for the club - We'd still be paying Darren Senter.

Furthermore: Franchise players earn Farahs' money: Inglis, Hayne, Thurston, Slater, Lockyer (Way back when)
Farah is not and never has been a Franchise Player....

@happy tiger said:
What can the WT's possibly think that this call will actually do at this stage ??

No club in the NRL could afford his full salary now

He will want to stay to continue playing NRL because of SOO

The only possible way this could have worked was making this call June /July

We will end up paying half his contract at another club until 2017

And Cherrington isn't ready yet defensively

Totally agree with this .

The timing of it all is apalling , there is no one out there to sign for next year .

@foreveratiger said:
@happy tiger said:
What can the WT's possibly think that this call will actually do at this stage ??

The timing of it all is apalling , there is no one out there to sign for next year .

Maybe their hand was forced, someone was probably going to talk.

@foreveratiger said:
@happy tiger said:

There's always players available at this time of year - we've already been linked with McQueen in a swap with Souths.
Teams are finalising their 2016 Salary Caps at present, so there'll be a few late releases a la Farah.

@foreveratiger said:
@happy tiger said:

Even with our board, i really don't think this would have just jumped out of nowhere and been a sudden decision. It's probably been talked about for months, or even ever since Moss was installed.

We've got cap trouble + Farah is the highest earner = Debate as to keep or move Farah on.

And for those saying what about the kids thinking there's no loyalty at the club and Brooks, Teddy etc could leave too, when was the least time we moved on a contracted player who wasn't on a massively back-ended contract? (Benji, Galloway, Blair possibly Lawrence and Farah)

And even then the likes of a Luani/Rowe get released by all NRL clubs all the time to pursue opportunities at other clubs or in England rather than sit in reggies all the time.

Idiot decision.
This bloke is the heart and soul of the Wests Tigers.
He along with Benji gave this club it's name and profile.
Wests Tigers joint venture would have folded without these two.
Both are club legends, both have been shafted.
Disgraceful.

If Farah leaves, Lawrence should stay on IMO.

Captain material, and has taken his shift to the back-row like a man, and a consummate professional.

@Cultured Bogan said:
Maybe their hand was forced, someone was probably going to talk.

ah

Yeah,someone has had a dummy spit for the board not to wait until the end of the season after the Newcastle farce.Robbie may calm down between now and the EOS so there is probaly more twists to go.
I'm long out of the Balmain loop but apparently Robbie can hold a grudge,furious and took it personally when Sheens played Keith instead of himself in the UK,turned on Potter when he replaced him in the Manly game in Gosford & apparently went out of his way to make Austin feel unwanted.
The thing on other Forums is how can the Tigers have Cap. problems with the roster we have,i guess years of mis-management is how.

Back