LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
I think he is as good as gone , he has gone super soft of late , that sends a message to me he won’t be here next year . We need someone to go out and poach 3-4 props and backrowers , I suggest u start at the sharks and the roooters , they can’t keep all those forwards they got stocked pilled , forget the kids in the forwards none are near ready
Oregon Kaufusi
Xavier Willison
Trey Mooney
Egan Butcher

Agree with most of that and agree that it is to early to judge what Benji can do. But i still question Benjis 'pulling power. Api signed to play under Madge. It took 1.2mil a season to convince Luai to come. That just leaves Turuva as his only decent signing.
Yeah not sure how much weight players admiring Benji as a player carries in reality.
At the end of the day, I just want players who want to win.

Oregon Kaufusi
Xavier Willison
Trey Mooney
Egan Butcher
I’m not fussed about Butcher, we have enough under sized forwards. Would throw the following into the mix too:
Royce Hunt (unsure of contract)
Jaydn Sua
Angus Chrichton

I reckon you could get 3 of Kaufisi, Willison, Mooney and Hunt for $1m or not much more.

I can see we are not getting flogged as in previous years and I can only put this down to Morris as defence coach. Between him and Benji I wonder if the club would consider a subtle change internally to allow Morris a bit more involvement , Morris did have great results with the Sharks and has better 1st grade runs on the board , but this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Haha so we;
  • got the spoon in 2022 with a poor roster evicerated by injury,
  • got the spoon in 2023 with a decent roster and heaps of off field turmoil
  • you are thinking we are likely to get another spoon in 2024 despite the off field stuff being sorted and possessing a better roster…
yet there is improvement?

Shut your logical ass up

It’s pretty remarkable that in the nearly 15 years since our last finals appearance, we haven’t had one season where we could fluke a decent year where we find ourselves leading the comp like the Sharks after 10 rounds. Or have one season where we find consistency and do what the Warriors did last year. A club like the Raiders have been pretty inconsistent, yet have managed to get themselves to a prelim in 16, and a GF in 19. Not to mention sporadic finals appearances where they were making up the numbers. Then there is us. Consistently not paying finals. I don’t think there is any club in NRL or AFL that has the streak we do. In the 30 years I have been watching the game, I have only seen my team play finals 4 times. Magpies in 96 and then WT’s in 05, 10 and 11. That is beyond pitiful.

I think he is as good as gone , he has gone super soft of late , that sends a message to me he won’t be here next year . We need someone to go out and poach 3-4 props and backrowers , I suggest u start at the sharks and the roooters , they can’t keep all those forwards they got stocked pilled , forget the kids in the forwards none are near ready
Strange response to being told he just had a child born. First thing is congrats and then acknowledgement of the amazing commitment that he even turned up. If he went soft I totally get it, he hasnt yet come down from arguably the greatest euphoria you can experience as a human being.

Agree with most of that and agree that it is to early to judge what Benji can do. But i still question Benjis 'pulling power. Api signed to play under Madge. It took 1.2mil a season to convince Luai to come. That just leaves Turuva as his only decent signing.
Api re-signed and extended last year talking about Benji. Presumably was also influential in persuading luai and turuva. Api doesn't strike me as a player looking to stuff around with a dud coach. If he has faith then we probably should. He knows winning.

The performance today was piss poor.
I was thinking that even if we somehow would have won, I would still have been scathing.
It was so abysmal, so many braindead and selfish plays. Infuriating!

Bula - He just isn’t developing his game as I’d thought he would. Am starting to question whether we can improve him. Im sure he’d kill it at Storm. That captains challenge was a bad moment for him.

Staines - proper howler in defense.

Naden - this game has turned me form admirer to critic. I would drop him purely for stupidity.

Olam, Sullivan, papalii - good games. Everyone else - meh.

Back