TEAM LIST Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this scrapheap of a season there's still some hope and excitement...

Let's see Bula have another run, and hopefully find some space

interesting to see if Feledy can hold up and get some ball

Once again, eager to see Galvin get another game

Fainu has been really good and probably will be again, hasn't quite broken free out wide, why not this week?

Is Matamua any good? Keen to see him out there, let's see what we've got.

Finally, am I the only Staines fan here? Sure, he drops passes, misreads kicks, is out of position in crucial attacking movements, but I just still think he has a go. And on this team that is still something. He runs hard in hit-ups and I think that has been underrated on here.

On the other hand the stuff I don't look forward to...

I cringe every time Sullivan is near the ball (he's done alright)

Will Seyfarth do another embarrassing pseudo enforcer play?

How many times will Twal get the crash play on the attack?

Can we organise an attacking set of six?

Can our fifth tackle options get any worse?

Who is stepping up for the stupidity play of the week this week?

Anyway, it's better than the bye.

In this scrapheap of a season there's still some hope and excitement...

Let's see Bula have another run, and hopefully find some space

interesting to see if Feledy can hold up and get some ball

Once again, eager to see Galvin get another game

Fainu has been really good and probably will be again, hasn't quite broken free out wide, why not this week?

Is Matamua any good? Keen to see him out there, let's see what we've got.

Finally, am I the only Staines fan here? Sure, he drops passes, misreads kicks, is out of position in crucial attacking movements, but I just still think he has a go. And on this team that is still something. He runs hard in hit-ups and I think that has been underrated on here.

On the other hand the stuff I don't look forward to...

I cringe every time Sullivan is near the ball (he's done alright)

Will Seyfarth do another embarrassing pseudo enforcer play?

How many times will Twal get the crash play on the attack?

Can we organise an attacking set of six?

Can our fifth tackle options get any worse?

Who is stepping up for the stupidity play of the week this week?

Anyway, it's better than the bye.
Will Seyfarth do another embarrassing pseudo enforcer play? Yes.

How many times will Twal get the crash play on the attack? Seven.

Can we organise an attacking set of six? Just give it to Bula.

Can our fifth tackle options get any worse? Brooksy left.

Who is stepping up for the stupidity play of the week this week? Probably Staines.

Anyway, it's better than the bye. Just.

That was a brilliant night on the hill. Let's hope we're competitive this week, the young fellas dig in, follow Benji's plan, and listen to Api... and we score 20+ points.
They might need to introduce own tries for us to score 20+

Seriously though, I hope the young backs show something.

Done nothing besides miss tackles, kick short and
get in Galvin's way. Telegraphs his runs too but I'm
keeping the faith (4 now). Still young too, c'mon Bud
I think most on here are missing the point in regards to Benji picking the young guys and letting them have a crack...
Take the emotion out of the conversation for a moment and remember what Richo and Benji both had had on the schedule....give the youth a go to see how far they are in regard to top level football because we have talented young guys coming through and we will recruit top players to combine with the youth...
I dont know how many on here have a clue about NRL or any other form of rugby league,but if you throw the young guys amongst the wolves then they will be eaten by the hard headed boneheads on big money to prove how good they are...there is a theme to "blooding the youth"and here we have it...
I wish them all the best and I can see a great future developing under Richo and Benji as long as they understand as we should that this will take time....
God bless the WTs and us the faithful.....

I think most on here are missing the point in regards to Benji picking the young guys and letting them have a crack...
Take the emotion out of the conversation for a moment and remember what Richo and Benji both had had on the schedule....give the youth a go to see how far they are in regard to top level football because we have talented young guys coming through and we will recruit top players to combine with the youth...
I dont know how many on here have a clue about NRL or any other form of rugby league,but if you throw the young guys amongst the wolves then they will be eaten by the hard headed boneheads on big money to prove how good they are...there is a theme to "blooding the youth"and here we have it...
I wish them all the best and I can see a great future developing under Richo and Benji as long as they understand as we should that this will take time....
God bless the WTs and us the faithful.....

Absolute babble TT, get back on topic lol

I think benji would be happy if we didn't shoot ourselves in the fit fit once, has no one in the bin... Just to start with. 13 v 13 for 80 mins... Hard enough for us like that without having only 12 or 11
Please can we attack our 5th tackle kicks... I really fail to see the point of watching them just take posession simply... Don't make anything easy for them. I guess it's a field position thing if we just kick, turn. Over possesion then defend.
Heaven forbid if we challenge the ball the opposition.might make a break in this unstructured moment... But hey who knows maybe we come away with possesion and. Score too.
Kick to Feldts corner he's been very inconsistent recently
Don't play boring ( I fell asleep twice v Dolphins game)... play exciting and just have a go and hopefully your fans may stay awake

Anyone questioning our coaching or attacking tactics just look at the names in that backline. None of them have achieved a thing in first grade other than Staines, who also played plenty of Panthers reserve grade. Our opposition every week is vastly better.

The two best players are 18yo and 22yo and combine for less than 50 FG games.

This year was always going to be rough.

yes … it’s not a great situation at all …. but Im assuming you didn’t just work this out last night when you saw this team announced that they have no depth in the outside backs …it’s been apparent for years this is the case ..

Benji has been there 20 months …he makes the personnel decisions and this squad now has his fingerprints on it …

They went down a path of signing multiple halves this past offseason …and pretty much ignored any other position…they were happy to back the youth policy and go with the backline players they have already in the squad for 2024… In some ways they were even fortunate to get Olam early …he fell into their laps to some extent .,,

This Is the path they have chosen to walk this 2024 season… so let’s see how it looks this week …good luck folks ..

Last edited:
Attended the Magic round last day, great day except for the loss, Observations, whatever Craig Bellamy and his Team do to get players to really good standard, well done, Shaun Blore is a go to player for them, offloads, line running and defense completely different to when he played for us.
Bula - Just cannot get into the game with Suliivan directing the show, tries hard
Alaimalo- Really suprised, first year in league, a genuine first grader, safe, defense was good and lots of room for improvement
Sullivan - Not a game organising half, looks unfit and does not have that zip from a few years back
Fonua Pole - Why he is not starting I cannot work out, was the only forward that has pace and works hard in all areas
Staines - The quickest player in the Team and makes decent ground when returning the ball, had 2 bad mistakes.
Seyfarth - Tries hard but gets dominated, this is where we lack genuine strike forwards
Klemmer - Just telegraphs his run with the mid run skip and not what he use to be\
Samuela - Misses a lot of tackles, arm grabs mainly
Stef - Tries hard but Teams put 3 on him every tackle
Sione - Didnt look out of place
On another note - Parramatta were horrible, that had no direction at all, knew Arthur would be gone after that performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back