LIVE GAME Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Live Game Discussion
Not gonna lie I don’t know many teams that really go at attacking kicking plays relentlessly. How are you meant to really replicate oppositions? I’ve played league and in the backs and while we did the occasional kick and chase drills it was never really super important, not to mention quite dangerous to practice. It’s more of an effort than skill play, it’s either you have the effort to make the play or don’t. A lot of luck is placed in those kicks, not to mention the height of opposition. You can see in any kick contest it’s whoever has the most effort and luck, the Bula try was a clear example. Our backs also aren’t real aerial threats to be fair, unless we run out with Lobb and Alaimalo on the wings. But I agree it should be practised more IF it isn’t at all.
Over the past at least 3 years we have massively had issues in the red zone. 5th tackle options have been atrocious especially the kicks!
So why in hell name don’t U muscle memory it by repetition, that’s what I would do. Until we get we get it right over and over again each training session for at least twenty to thirty minutes. Improve our weekness, that’s the aim. Hiw do u improve in anything without practicing it??

Api best player, Galvin was great, Samuela great, Seyfarth played his best game ever and tackled everything, Staines and Sullivans best games in Tigers colours, Matta ok, Bula had a better game than drinkwater, Lobb and Alaimalo should be the wingers with staines in the centres

So Klemmer will be suspended. That was a classic hipdrop and is his 4th charge this year. 4 weeks like Sezer?
Sullivan on report too. What did he do? I missed it.

Stands out like dogs nuts when you have Galvin running from one side of the field to the other - not one player runs a hole, line, decoy - nothing….

This team has the intellect of park footballers - and it always has had.
The coaches (bar morris) included
I wonder if Galvin is yearning for some time in Flegg to get that winning feeling back coz he ain’t gonna get it from his team mates in first grade. I agree with lack of support and options for the poor kid. He must be scratching his head wondering what to do next

Sam Fainu could be special. He has it physically and the effort is great. Love watching him hit the line. Our only player who is dangerous when doing it.
Absolutely!! Way ahead of where I thought he'd be at this point. Behind Api, first forward picked. Surprised also by his maturity. Was always happy to get a young, aggressive tearaway but expected a few sin-bins, suspensions & ill-discipline. Been well behaved on field!! Haha.
Samuela's the one we need to keep. Stef could take a leaf out of his book.

There are some good young players coming through and they did will with basically a reserve grade backline.

Not sure Benji is the guy to turn this around. We’ve won about 7 games out of 47 since sacking Maguire. I don’t believe things would have got this bad if we kept him.

Benji will get a free pass this year but the pressure will be on next year.

No you're correct but you can only play whats in front of you, we got back into it in any event. Then they put us away, its frustrating to get close and then nothing. We don't have the cattle i feared we would get a hiding when i saw the team sheet like a proper hiding like we've had the last few seasons.

I reckon that the bench middles made a big difference, particularly Matamua who got our attack moving.

Over the past at least 3 years we have massively had issues in the red zone. 5th tackle options have been atrocious especially the kicks!
So why in hell name don’t U muscle memory it by repetition, that’s what I would do. Until we get we get it right over and over again each training session for at least twenty to thirty minutes. Improve our weekness, that’s the aim. Hiw do u improve in anything without practicing it??
You’re definitely not wrong there, our attack has been woeful at points. But that comes down to two things: one we simply just don’t have the cattle to put on those attacking plays, I mean just look at our backline. The second is simply where our focus lies, it seems we have put a lot of focus in defence and effort areas which is something we have definitely improved on. Combinations also play a big part and we’ve had to chop and change a bit due to injury and suspension. I think just give them time to gel as this is a very different spine to last year and it will change next year as well.

Just heard commentators say Holmes not a hip drop and should be ok.
Hmmmm I think 2 tigers were not hip drops but hit them with dangerous tackles previously
But it’s SOO coming up
Nothing to see here

Latest posts

Staff online

Back