LIVE GAME Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Live Game Discussion
So impressed with Fainu. A little green but competes on every play and looks dangerous. Makes me feel less bummed about losing Papali’i.
Now fainu was mainly a nsw cup player with manly , how many more are out there playing nsw cup with other teams that can’t break into 1st grade , TIGERS get if ur arse and go looking for these players

Also go back 10 seconds and watch the lazy Cup standard defence of sticking an arm out like a human turnstile.
Same thing Drinkwater did for our first try.
If you’re close enough to pat a ball carrier on the shoulder then you’re close enough to wrap both arms around the torso.
It’s an unacceptable miss by Bula who had the pace on the ball carrier. Charlie Staines would have nailed that tackle.

Klem
I think you are right about the week and for the reason Sezer got extras, they will probably just call it a dangerous tackle as well and not a hip drop.

I suppose Klemmer will probably get some time off as well.
Klein will get 3-4 weeks

Same thing Drinkwater did for our first try.
If you’re close enough to pat a ball carrier on the shoulder then you’re close enough to wrap both arms around the torso.
It’s an unacceptable miss by Bula who had the pace on the ball carrier. Charlie Staines would have nailed that tackle.
I cannot believe our fan criticism of Staines in recent weeks.
Obviously he’s not blessed with a robust physique that can carry and drag defenders, but in recent weeks he’s back to running the ball at top speed which more than makes up for his lack of bulk.
He has been the first one willing to take all our tough carries out of our danger zone and done a great job at it for a smaller man.
You can see him buzzing and trying to find ways that be more involved.
I have no doubt the best of him is still to come and once he corrects some occasional bad defensive reads and defensive lapses he will be an asset to us moving forward.

Last edited:
I cannot believe our fan criticism of Staines in recent weeks.
Obviously he’s not blessed with a robust physique that can carry and drag defenders, but in recent weeks he’s back to running the ball at top speed which more than makes up for his lack of bulk.
He has been the first one willing to take all our tough Carrie’s out of our danger zone and done a great job at it for a smaller man.
You can see him buzzing and wanting to find ways that be more heavily involved.
I have no doubt the best of him is still to come and once he corrects some occasional bad defensive reads and focuses on his defence, he will be an asset to us moving forward.
He is probably the best we have got but compared to the quality of wingers at most clubs it is another weakness within our team.

I wouldn't say good. His kicking game last night was, for the most part; terrible. Poorly placed or not high enough

He needs to either kick for the seagulls or.for players. Kicking it to an opposition player under.no pressure is a waste.

He at least.dig into the line a few times so is starting to find his feet. He shows glimpses of quality, but for the most part is bog average. He is still young for a half so has development potential but he isn't FG material in any other club.
I thought Sullivan was good. Kicked well, dangerous runner, and saved at least 2 certain tries.

Galvin is becoming a bit rocks and diamonds so the half needs to keep things simple.

I’d keep him there for now when Sezer returns.

Absolutely!! Way ahead of where I thought he'd be at this point. Behind Api, first forward picked. Surprised also by his maturity. Was always happy to get a young, aggressive tearaway but expected a few sin-bins, suspensions & ill-discipline. Been well behaved on field!! Haha.
Samuela's the one we need to keep. Stef could take a leaf out of his book.
Comparing Samuela to Stefano, both debuted for us at the age of 20 and admittedly Samuela has had some mistakes in his game (what and Stefano doesn't?) but I believe he has shown more than Stefano did at the same stage that Stefano was at 4 years ago.

I would go so far as to say that Samuela is showing more today than Stefano is and even allowing for the effect of losing motivation playing in a losing team for the last 4 years, Stefano is a player some still have expectations of playing State of Origin and some even want to pay him $900k to stay here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't especially want to lose Stefano but I would like him to stay on a realistic contract, I just wish he would make up his mind where he wants to be and most importantly have a crack and live up to the expectation of being an elite damaging forward during the time that he wears our colours.

Comparing Samuela to Stefano, both debuted for us at the age of 20 and admittedly Samuela has had some mistakes in his game (what and Stefano doesn't?) but I believe he has shown more than Stefano did at the same stage that Stefano was at 4 years ago.

I would go so far as to say that Samuela is showing more today than Stefano is and even allowing for the effect of losing motivation playing in a losing team for the last 4 years, Stefano is a player some still have expectations of playing State of Origin and some even want to pay him $900k to stay here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't especially want to lose Stefano but I would like him to stay on a realistic contract, I just wish he would make up his mind where he wants to be and most importantly have a crack and live up to the expectation of being an elite damaging forward during the time that he wears our colours.

I agree.

It laughable Stefano has played Origin. He has the ability but doesn't have the heart and mindset to be a leader of a pack. For the price it will cost us to keep him I say bye bye.

Why were there no players celebrating Stefano and Twal's try's.
Was a very sombre mood, Is there trouble in camp Concord ?
Well they arent winning and werent going to win when those tries were scored.

But actually several players punched the air and ran in when Twal scored - he was pulled to his feet by his team mates. Samuela for one.

Bula's 1st attempt at catching the high ball was just plain Pathetic :mad:.
Then a later one where he caught the ball was just plain Fabulous :D, mega determination shown.

Maybe he carries a mobile phone in his pants so he can make a sneaky call to Greg Ingliss [when no one is watching] ......."📱how do I catch this bloody ball Mr. Ingliss?".
I thought he must of had the phone out taking a selfie of himself and Nanai and completely forgot about catching the ball just prior to Nanai scoring his first try.

I guess Nanai is very good under the high ball and sometimes these things happen, I mean who would have thought Samuela would beat Drinkwater to that kick through by Galvin to score his try, just sheer determination on Samuela's part and maybe partly due to an off day for Drinkwater.

All very true, though imo a coach has to be judged on the improvement of their squad during their time. If the squad is regressing then it's prob time for a new coach. The worrying thing is the reporting of all the shopping around of players to fix the salary cap. Ideally you would want a coach who can adapt and coach to the current squads strength not a coach who will look to bring players in to suit a "style" the coach deems necessary
Couldn't agree more. Bring the best out of what you got. That's the sign of a good coach. I know our team is bog average but so are other teams. The difference is coaching and getting the best out of them.

We lack talent and have a coach learning on the job. A good recipe for success. Oh and we get hammered at the judiciary because the NRL know we won’t contest anything so are free to make examples of our players.

Recruitment of first and second team players so that there is always an option to drop someone not performing.
Improved training and expectations including more stringent discipline around performance, both on and off the field. All this high fiving when someone makes a major error is bs imo. Senior players have to set the standard and expectation. At present there is no real discernible reaction.
Clear plans each week highlighting errors,( the what why and when) with both one on one and team talks, the repercussions of these errors.
And shake hands at the end and then leave the field immediately instead of taking part in a love in with the opposition.
Just some ideas, some may work, some may not coz the young men of today don’t really respond to real discipline, do they.
Can't hurt anyone's feelings, when things don't go to plan a high 5 and little cuddle is what the little darlings really need, can't have them facing the harsh reality that they aren't good enough, that they have let the team down, that they need to do better in the future.

Benji always praising them for the effort, I'm sure he must give them all a certificate of participation at the end of each game to make up for them not being able to sing the team song that they don't know the words to anyway.

Back