LIVE GAME Round 24 vs. Warriors

Live Game Discussion
Just caught up.

1. Have called for Laurie to start at 5/8 all season, instead we had to endure the likes of Wakeham and Smith. Insanity.

Another game where the effort was there, but the talent wasn't. And again, this game could have been ours if it wasn't for some horrible refereeing.

The penalty against Stef??? This happens in every tackle, literally. AFB did it the very next run. If a player wanted to lay down and milk it, they could easily - and good on Bateman for taking the piss out of it.

DWZ try was very questionable. A couple of high tackle calls against us were bizarre. Curran knocked the ball on around the 60th minute (rolled it up against Stef's legs, completely unnoticed), they were deep in their half and I think the difference then was 4 points - huge call at the time.

I'll say it again, yes we're average at best - but our luck is just so so so poo.

Once again a reactive performance by our guys. When are they going to start on the right foot and put points on early, not wait for 2,3 or more tries to be conceded then bounce back.
We are never in the drivers seat, NEVER !
But yah, good call out.

Very noble but it’s not the first time this year he’s made critical mistakes. Eventually will learn the impact of these mistakes.
Keep your head up mate!
How about Nofa taking some responsibility for his TWO fumbles on early tackles 10 metres from our line!!

@boonboon please watch the game - Nofoaluma sucks!!!

His utter lack of accountability mimicks his mentor Bandeli and his pet gerbil Pascoe!!

I just watched the game and our team has heart. Forget the organizing halfback. We are much better with two guys that can create something.

Papalli was impressive. The guy is trying his guts out. I have never seen Blore run a good line on an edge but he did tonight and he can also take it up the guts. I really hope we keep him.

Laurie was great.

I'm not one to blame the ref but we cop it all the time.

Last edited:
Warriors scraped home with 56% possession and 11-5 pen count in their favour
3 of our guys on report for what ?
Ref Butler the same guy who found a way to take a win off us in Townsville after full time last year is very biased .Twice the bunker had to intervene to try and correct this . First our first try he sent up no try .Second called Klemmer knock on which wasn't!
Late he penalises Brooks for high tackle that was NOT high even commentators said so and a few mins later Blore knocks on after being whacked across the face but that was ignored by Butler despite protests and again commentators backed us .
Maybe Tigers getting an upset win might upset those in power .
Its same story last 3 weeks

I just watched the game and our team has heart. Forget the organizing halfback. We are much better with two guys that can create something.

Papalli was impressive. The guy is trying his guts out. I have never seen Blore run a good line on an edge but he did tonight and he can also take it up the guts. I really hope we keep him.

Laurie was great.

Blore does have that impact and i hope we keep him but he always has a bad drop ball error in him, and did last night, that we just need to eliminate from our game to be competitive.

Laurie was great.

Let’s give the boys credit when it’s deserved. Check out the penalty count. That referee is a joke..how many times we diffused an attacking raid on our line only for the referee to blow a penalty after a dropped ball by the warriors. DWZ was NOT a try-clear separation. The penalty on Stef, the non-penalties for high shots. These calls are game changing. Wish Sheens would rip in and blast the shit out of the NRL and that apologist of refs Annesley. Go the Matildas!!

Let’s give the boys credit when it’s deserved. Check out the penalty count. That referee is a joke..how many times we diffused an attacking raid on our line only for the referee to blow a penalty after a dropped ball by the warriors. DWZ was NOT a try-clear separation. The penalty on Stef, the non-penalties for high shots. These calls are game changing. Wish Sheens would rip in and blast the shit out of the NRL and that apologist of refs Annesley. Go the Matildas!!

I tell you what sucks. You cannot mention that game without talking about the ref. That is bad.

I was proud of that effort out there. I can actually see us turning this around. We are close but the problem is we need to get a little bit better and do it more consistently. That isn't easy.

Warriors scraped home with 56% possession and 11-5 pen count in their favour
3 of our guys on report for what ?
Ref Butler the same guy who found a way to take a win off us in Townsville after full time last year is very biased .Twice the bunker had to intervene to try and correct this . First our first try he sent up no try .Second called Klemmer knock on which wasn't!
Late he penalises Brooks for high tackle that was NOT high even commentators said so and a few mins later Blore knocks on after being whacked across the face but that was ignored by Butler despite protests and again commentators backed us .
Maybe Tigers getting an upset win might upset those in power .
Its same story last 3 weeks
Spot on. These refs are beyond a joke and I'm glad Sheens is having a dig. We've been coping shit and been pushed around for far too long. I'd be happy for the club to cop a few fines for Sheens calling the refs what they are. The games a joke and some clubs are just protected species, we unfortunately arent one of them.

Reactions: BZN
I tell you what sucks. You cannot mention that game without talking about the ref. That is bad.

I was proud of that effort out there. I can actually see us turning this around. We are close but the problem is we need to get a little bit better and do it more consistently. That isn't easy.
I agree we are very close to turning this around. When we have our full compliment on the field, the effort and the skill to compete with the top teams is there. To my mind, we lack in three areas:

1. Consistency- Play like that for 80 minutes every week. Yes there will be off weeks, but the better teams difference between their good games and bad games is small. Ours is almost a polar opposite.

2. Resilience - To be able to cop a bad call (or multiple as was the case last night) and have the confidence to cope with adversity is still developing.

3. Depth - When Api and Brooks went down, our performances nose dived. Like Penrith, we need to develop a “next man up” culture where replacements perform to a level they that allows the team to function consistently

We are heading in the right direction. Despite only having the three wins, I think we look much better than last year and hopefully the trend continues into next.

Last edited:

Laurie was great.

Laurie was in reserves for weeks and playing well
Yes Blore and Laurie ,,, because LB ain’t created S**T .. sorry Earl but he ain’t what you think he is !

I agree we are very close to turning this around. When we have our full compliment on the field, the effort and the skill to compete with the top teams is there. To my mind, we lack in three areas:

1. Consistency- Play like that for 80 minutes every week. Yes there will be off weeks, but the better teams difference between their good games and bad games is small. Ours is almost a polar opposite.

2. Resilience - To be able to cop a bad call (or multiple as was the case last night) and have the confidence to cope with adversity is still developing.

3. Depth - When Api and Brooks went down, our performances nose dived. Like Penrith, we need to develop a “next man up” culture where replacements perform to a level they perform to a level that allows the team to function at consistent level.

We are heading in the right direction. Despite only having the three wins, I think we look much better than last year and hopefully the trend continues into next.

Good post.

I'll add that I think the coaching hasn't been very good this year and this has impacted our results but they were learning. I know Sheens is an experienced coach but he still had to try things to see what would work. Some bad decisions early were playing an undercooked Brooks and Joe O and another one has not been playing Laurie and Brooks in the halves more. Hopefully this improves over the next couple of seasons.

I think depth is less of an issue because we have to be able to win regularly with our key players on the park.

This year we have had 10 games decided by less than 10 points. We have lost 8 of these. Normally this evens itself out more across the course of a season. So, we have either been unlucky, had dud calls, didn't know how to close out a game, possibly all of the above. For the most part I have seen the team trying really hard. I wish Brooks good luck at Manly, wish Laurie was staying, but look forward to what Seizar, Sullivan and Latu can bring to the halves in 2024.

Back