LIVE GAME Round 4 vs. Eels

Live Game Discussion
If we somehow made the top 8 this year, and Luai comes next year, the pressure is on him to make us a top 4 team. And if he doesn't, the media would be on our backs as they usually do. Doesn't help he is very polarising. Has he kicked a field goal before, won a game with a try or try assist before? Can he goal kick once Api moves on? I don't think I've seen him kick a 40/20 either
We have 3 years to find a new goal kicker. Calm yourself.

Bechara on the Wests Life Podcast (which I hardly ever listen to, but managed to catch recently) made what I thought was a good suggestion regarding the words of the old Western Suburbs and Balmain songs.

In the old Western Suburbs song's first line change it from "WE ARE THE BOYS FROM WESTERN SUBURBS"

TO

"WE ARE THE BOYS FROM WESTS TIGERS."

AND

In the old Balmain song's first line change it from "HERE COME THE TIGERS, WEARING BLACK AND GOLD"

TO

"HERE COME THE TIGERS, WEARING BLACK WHITE AND GOLD."

I think it would be perfect and in keeping with the tradition of the 2 foundation clubs but with these 2 subtle changes that give a nod to our modern day merged club.

LOL good to see all the Wests Tigers victims are out in force....bunch of bloody sooks.
They are off side by meters. Parra are playing too fast for them.
I reckon the only "bloody sooks" on here is you Mr. Tucker.
You do enough whining and winging for about a dozen people.
Let yourself go man and look at the game one eyed....... like the rest of us :ROFLMAO:

I reckon the only "bloody sooks" on here is you Mr. Tucker.
You do enough whining and winging for about a dozen people.
Let yourself go man and look at the game one eyed....... like the rest of us :ROFLMAO:
He has a point though.

Blaming the refs for our poor discipline is the weak way out, we need to do a lot better in this regard.

Reactions: BZN
Inane, laughable post.
Sometimes I really don’t get our fans.
It's true. We've spent 1.2 million on him. And he's the most polarising player in the game after Latrell maybe. If he fails even slightly, it will end up being a massive mistake

Reminds me of a young Fittler. Will be a 6 / 13 his whole career. Play in the centres if needed.

Next week

6. Sullivan
7. Sezer

With Sezer and Api on the park controlling most plays Sullivan will be less of the main playmaker after his performance against Canberra allowing him to be more of a heads up player which he is better suited to.

Sezer and Api aside, I think Olam is one of the most important players in the squad at the moment. Showing the boys how to play with aggression and give 110% on every play he is involved in. No limp wristed flop it up from inside his 20 and puts his full body weight into every tackle. Missed this type of player for many years at the Tigers.

3 in a row coming up.
Inshallah 🙏

Last edited:
Well for the past 100 years anyone who is 10 or 20kgs lighter than the player they are tackling has used their weight as leverage to pull the bigger man to the ground.
It hasn’t been a problem for the past 100 years and quite often the smaller man would slide down to the legs to make a one on one legs tackle which has always been perfectly safe. When tackling you cannot stop a much bigger and more powerful man from behind one on one without this type of action.
Just another way to try and make playing the game near impossible for smaller players, why ?
Ok
I think your choice of words 'sliding up' threw me a bit
Did you see Dearden on Cobbo early in the round? Tackle.of the year.
While legs tackles aren't conducive to Today's game...I agree a form of the hip drop has been around for aong time, it's the wrestling coaches that have turned it into a dengerous tackle nowadays .

The big positive from the game was no NOFOALUMA, if he played parra would've won by at least 3 tries on his wing
Why dredge up the past like this now ?
Last time we beat Parra was also by a point and Nofo scored 2 tries
The guy is now down and out and my guess is his mental demons destroyed his career I wonder how reading the last 2 years of hate mail contributed
Anyone who scored 100 tries did once know how to play football but alas not now !

Reminds me of a young Fittler. Will be a 6 / 13 his whole career. Play in the centres if needed.

Next week

6. Sullivan
7. Sezer

With Sezer and Api on the park controlling most plays Sullivan will be less of the main playmaker after his performance against Canberra allowing him to be more of a heads up player which he is better suited to.

Sezer and Api aside, I think Olam is one of the most important players in the squad at the moment. Showing the boys how to play with aggression and give 110% on every play he is involved in. No limp wristed flop it up from inside his 20 and puts his full body weight into every tackle. Missed this type of player for many years at the Tigers.

3 in a row coming up.
No Fainu?

Dont know where Olam wouldve got him had he connected...couldve been perfectly legal

Sivo had to be injured...he could barely run
Staines to his credit kept tackling Sivo on exactly the same spot on his thigh... must have given him a deadleg.

But also Sivo, for such a physical weapon a few years ago, has totally lost his power/aggression component.

I think it goes beyond Galvin though:., AJ is their back row forward depth and will inevitably be starting games in the near future when injuries and suspensions happen … also very weak in the backs as we know with Naden most likely first cab off the rank … these are two guys we have seen many times before who have disappointed …

still … getting back to the team as a whole … work on the defence this year … buy a couple more experienced players at centre and back row bench and further development of the young guys and Top 8 next year should be a realistic goal
Jesus mate, most of your posts at the moment make me want to search for some prozac.. can’t you enjoy the win ? 🤔

If we somehow made the top 8 this year, and Luai comes next year, the pressure is on him to make us a top 4 team. And if he doesn't, the media would be on our backs as they usually do. Doesn't help he is very polarising. Has he kicked a field goal before, won a game with a try or try assist before? Can he goal kick once Api moves on? I don't think I've seen him kick a 40/20 either
Are you serious? Polarising? On the field he is anything but, he is a team first , standards driving winner that his team mates love to play with.. he does speak his truth, off field that can drive small minded INCELs crazy, but we have signed him for his football ability and the guys record speaks for itself …

That was such a great feeling yesterday. Every time we held them out the Tigers chant went up. Not sure if it came through on the TV but it was loud. Even the Cup side showed enormous resilience yesterday. Do proud. These boys really have brought in. Love every minute of it.

Back