TEAM LIST Round 5 vs. Broncos

Team List
Funny, but true šŸ˜‚ I think Iā€™d have as much joy seeing them get smashed as I would seeing them win.
šŸ’Æ
Itā€™s gotten to the point where youā€™ve just gotta laugh .
Was hoping Broncos would rest Reynolds and play Madden and theyā€™d still romp it in .

I recon we are a good shout to beat broncos!!! Too back to back spoons!! Itā€™s hard to have any confidence in any team we put forward at the moment , but this truly is the definition of insanity. Thank **** for beers

Reactions: 851
Its staring em in the face, theyre either blind stubborn stupid or all three

Pretty sure now that there was a clause in the Brooks deal that meant he couldnā€™t be dropped from the 17.

Nothing else adds up between Madgeā€™s years and now this.

Everyone else has been dropped.

Might seem crazy but so was a 5 year, heavily back ended deal.

šŸ’Æ
Itā€™s gotten to the point where youā€™ve just gotta laugh .
Was hoping Broncos would rest Reynolds and play Madden and theyā€™d still romp it in .
A harsh twist of fate.. Could see that happening to the Tigers šŸ˜‚ Imagine how entertaining the live thread would be!

I know that I am not preaching to everyone here, so to those who get it and are already on the bus; I apologise. However, for the rest of you, I'm not sure why you just don't get the strategy.

We just need a little bit more attack and it will be fine.

While some may think Sheens has selected the worst bench in history; those astute studies out there have noticed that the bench has both Toa and Jake included, They are on the bench to give us more attack. If we had a couple of rotational forwards on the bench this would be more defence, and would defeat the strategy.

Round 5 will be the turning point in the season for us long suffering WT fans. The addition of a little bit more attack will result in AD breaking through the line like Latrell Mitchell and Luke finally beating the shirt grabs that stopped him scoring three four pointers in the second half against Melbourne.

Wakeham also said that the rest of the team will lift to make things easier for Luke. That will definitely unleash a little bit more attack. So, a bit like compounding interest, we will see a benefit from banking some attack for the last five minutes in our benchies. We are definitely on the right track here!

Our Chairman has spoken so either get on the bus and support the creation of an attacking bench or sit in the back stalls and keep quiet.

Sermon over.
Riiiiiiigghhhhht

Sheens picking for failure with Toa, just dumb selection. Shows how terrible our depth really is.

AD sucks ā€”> Staines FB, Toa wing
Brooks sucks -> AD 5/8th, Toa wing, Staines FB
80min backrower off -> AJ backrow, Toa center
Injured back -> Toa on

Glad Matamua gets a run lets hope he gets a good crack.

Broncos 40+

Having Matamua on bench gives us a lock forward rotation with Pole.
Having Simpkin on the bench allows Api to have his 15 minute spell & also provides halves cover.
Having T'oa on the bench gives us backrow & 1-5 cover as Kepaoa can move to backrow.

Sheens may be thinking of giving Blore 80 mins in NSW Cup to continue to build his fitness as he looked spent close to HT last week.

And I'm sure Wakeham will go into the controlling half position (like in 2nd half last week) so there will be some variance for Brooks.

It's not like we have halves knocking the door down to replace Brooks.

Fair dinkum guys, think about it before you cane the selections!!!

I think the halves solution is the pair that won the trial match where we scored 6 tries (Wakeham and Douihei). Staines has looked to inject himself and I think he is a good fullback choice.

It's clear Brooks fails fundamentally at putting pressure on the opposition with his kicking game, he doesn't have players organised for next play and he doesn't work well with any other half option. I don't think when someone loses 14 consecutive games while playing halfback that you should consider them the right option. 3/4 wins came while Hastings was at halfback last season and the other was the win against Broncos where he was absent.

I think most fans just want to move on, we can accept we suck but just want to see the squad try a new direction.

The clues are there for anyone to see.

Our issue is, crafty Sheens is playing 4D chess while Pascoe is playing with Tonka Trucks in the COE sandpit.

By the time these muppets work out Sheeniusā€™s grand plan itā€™ll be far too late. Wests license will be in the Bears hands, Lee will be chasing ambulances. Pascoe will be selling second hand Hyundaiā€™s and Sheens will be living back in the Uk with a nice brandy and a small smile.

ToA 17 is absolutely ridiculous.

Blore has been one of our best defensively.

Should have been starting with Bateman or Matamua at 13.

ToA 17 is Sheens at his best...
I respectfully disagree. I think Blore has been very disappointing. I understand he's coming back from injury, but he's not a second rower, he's a bench middle at best.
Once he's fully fit he'll be the new Twal.

First of all, disgraceful of people to wish injury on players, especially your own.

As for the team selection, they all know they're under pressure, they'll perform better than last week- Sheens will claim the better performance is because he showed faith in them.. couple of games of close losses until a blow out happens then we repeat the cycle.

Honestly if I'm close to Brooks, I'm telling him to drop himself. I don't think he can handle it mentally.. even if he plays better this week, the performance will drop again in a couple of weeks.

We dug our own grave with this coaching and this coaching structure. Even if there's a 5% chance that this will work, it will be a complete fluke coming out of desperation. (by work I mean that we make top 8 even once in the next 5 years- which in itself is an extremely low bar)

I think Blore has been very disappointing. I understand he's coming back from injury, but he's not a second rower, he's a bench middle at best.

He might come good but atm he looks like a bench middle who doesn't have much if any impact. The reason we have that bench is that we have heaps of middle forwards that can play big minutes. There isn't any need for more workers on the bench.

If thatā€™s not the worst bench in Wests Tigers history I havenā€™t seen one
We have had Tim as our coach for almost half our existence, I reckon thereā€™s worse out there, Timā€™s just playing with us now

Thatā€™s enough for me to see Iā€™m out for the year, promised myself after last week if brooks doesnā€™t at least get 1 game in Reggieā€™s after his start to the year Iā€™m calling it for the year, will never support another team but Iā€™m not gonna frustrate myself every weekend watching him play. Best of luck fellas šŸ‘
I'm with you on this one. Until Brooks goes I have next to no interest in watching them. The bench this week that has been named in itself is a joke. I think the coaching staff have run out of ideas already.

Latest posts

Back